Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

The SIAC Thread

Was thinking/talking about this the other day with some guys I work with and wanted to get the input of those on here.

All-Conference First Team? Lots of good choices out there this year. 

Based off of research, looks like teams were announced at the end of November last year.

The format:

Offense: 1 QB, 5 OL, 2 RB, 3 WR/TE, 1 K, 1 At Large

Defense: 4 DL, 3 LB, 4 DB, 1 P, 1 At Large

1 hour ago, FootballFan2000 said:

The format:

Offense: 1 QB, 5 OL, 2 RB, 3 WR/TE, 1 K, 1 At Large

Defense: 4 DL, 3 LB, 4 DB, 1 P, 1 At Large

My "off the top of my head" prediction (probably way off):

1st Team Offense

QB

Sr. Mason Wunderlich (Mater Dei)

OL

Sr. Edward Hartig (Mem.), Sr. Jack Cassidy (Mem.), Jr. Harlen Summers (Reitz), Jr. Timmy Dixon (North), Sr. Will Bracher (Castle)

RB

Sr. Jonas Burnett (Reitz), Jr. Angelo St. Louis (North)

WR/TE

Jr. Hayden Summers (Reitz), Sr. Xavier Thomas (Reitz), Sr. Weston Aigner (Castle)

K

Can't decide between So. Luke Lindsey (VL) or Jr. Keifer Sanderson (Reitz) or Jr. Aleyna Quinn (Castle)

At-Large

Can't decide between Jr. Roland Vera Jr. (Reitz) or Jr. Xander Hunt (VL) or Jr. Porter Rode (Mem.)

1st Team Defense

DL

Jr. Levi Oxley (Reitz), Jr. Calab Utley (Reitz), Sr. Cale Johnson (North), Sr. Kelton Farmer (Mem.)

LB

Sr. John Purdy (Castle), Sr. Carac Johnson (Mem.), Jr. Ayden Wells (Reitz)

DB

Sr. Elijah Ringo (Reitz), Sr. Dejuan Gillis (VL), Sr. Ayden Salpietra (Castle), Jr. Sam Nichols (Mem.)

P

Sr. Charlie Kabrick (Jasper)

At-Large

Can't decide between Sr. Brody Mueller (Central) or So. Will Hambrick (VL) or Sr. Louis Seward (Mem.)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Football Fanatic said:

My "off the top of my head" prediction (probably way off):

1st Team Offense

QB

Sr. Mason Wunderlich (Mater Dei)

OL

Sr. Edward Hartig (Mem.), Sr. Jack Cassidy (Mem.), Jr. Harlen Summers (Reitz), Jr. Timmy Dixon (North), Sr. Will Bracher (Castle)

RB

Sr. Jonas Burnett (Reitz), Jr. Angelo St. Louis (North)

WR/TE

Jr. Hayden Summers (Reitz), Sr. Xavier Thomas (Reitz), Sr. Weston Aigner (Castle)

K

Can't decide between So. Luke Lindsey (VL) or Jr. Keifer Sanderson (Reitz) or Jr. Aleyna Quinn (Castle)

At-Large

Can't decide between Jr. Roland Vera Jr. (Reitz) or Jr. Xander Hunt (VL) or Jr. Porter Rode (Mem.)

1st Team Defense

DL

Jr. Levi Oxley (Reitz), Jr. Calab Utley (Reitz), Sr. Cale Johnson (North), Sr. Kelton Farmer (Mem.)

LB

Sr. John Purdy (Castle), Sr. Carac Johnson (Mem.), Jr. Ayden Wells (Reitz)

DB

Sr. Elijah Ringo (Reitz), Sr. Dejuan Gillis (VL), Sr. Ayden Salpietra (Castle), Jr. Sam Nichols (Mem.)

P

Sr. Charlie Kabrick (Jasper)

At-Large

Can't decide between Sr. Brody Mueller (Central) or So. Will Hambrick (VL) or Sr. Louis Seward (Mem.)

Appreciate you giving it a stab. I think the biggest discussions will be between who gets first team QB and who gets second. In my eyes, its a two horse race between Hunt from Vincennes and Wunderlich from MD. Would love to see the stats to compare the two. 

1 minute ago, FootballFan2000 said:

Appreciate you giving it a stab. I think the biggest discussions will be between who gets first team QB and who gets second. In my eyes, its a two horse race between Hunt from Vincennes and Wunderlich from MD. Would love to see the stats to compare the two. 

I see Wunderlich getting 1st team QB because he's a senior with the best passing stats. I see Hunt getting either 1st team at-large or 2nd team QB. 

Based off of stats I pulled from MaxPreps, here is a comparison of season stats

Wunderlich: 1683 passing yds, 18 TD, 5 INT/146 rush yds, 1 TD (19 total TDs)

Hunt: 1464 passing yds, 10 TD, & INT/908 rush yds, 13 TD (23 total TDs)

Arguments can be made for either. Glad it isn't my call as there will be some unhappy people regardless.

• Like 1

Semi Final picks

Mater Dei at Tell City

I don’t think the Wildcats will have too much trouble in this one as they roll back into the sectional finals next week. They might have another slow start to feel out Tell City, but give the Wildcats by 4-5 scores.

Castle at New Albany

Long bus ride awaits the Knights as they face the defending Regional Champions tonight. However NA has been struggling all year right now, as they has to replace many valuable starters from last year’s team. Castle starts off slow, but finishes it off with a running clock.

Floyd Central at North

Again, North is in a spot to get a winning season for the first time since 2007 if they can get by FC. Taking a look at FC, looks like they have somewhat of a decent passing game, but struggles running the ball (3.6 YPC). Which is beneficial for North, as they hold the SIAC top spot in rushing defense. However, it could be an interesting game too, but give me North by 3 scores.

Reitz at Boonville 

A very intriguing matchup in this game as the it is a rematch of last year’s 1st round. Boonville enters the game with a dynamic QB/RB duo leading the team in total offense. Defensively, the defend well against the pass but struggles against the run. Reitz on the other hand has been solid all year around leading the conference in multiple categories. And has one of the best pass rush teams I have seen in a while. I think Boonville can keep it close, but judging by previous games they have a tendency to let off the gas too. I think Panthers will exploit their run game defense and run away with this one in the 2H by 17. 

Game of the Week

Jasper at Memorial

This game has been circled even before the season even started as Memorial and Jasper finally get a rematch in the postseason. Jasper has been an interesting to team watch, as they have overcome some mishaps in the middle season, since at one point, they were sitting at 2-3 and missing over half of their starters. However, Jasper has had faith and managed to pull through their problems and end the season 6-3 and tying for 2nd place in the SIAC. Thanks to the #1 rushing team averaging around 250 rushing yards a game and a solid defense. Memorial was in the same boat with Jasper earlier in the season, as the Tigers were missing multiple starters for 2-3 weeks. This team has changed since then after returning multiple guys and having one of the better offenses in the Conference at #3, while going in and out in the top 4 defenses. These teams are definitely different when they first met in Week 1 when Jasper won 34-10. There are some questions on both sides and I think there will be a slugfest tonight. Jasper plays pretty well away, and Memorial plays pretty well at home. Coin flip, give me the Tigers in a very close one by 3.

9 minutes ago, FootballFan2000 said:

MD by as many as they want.

Castle by at least 3 scores.

North but closer than many may think.

Reitz by 2-3 scores.

Tigers by a TD

For the North-FC game, I saw FC has only scored above 20 twice all season, so I can see them having some troubles against North’s defense, especially if the passing attack doesn’t pan out 

Edited by TigerFan20

10 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

For the North-FC game, I saw FC has only scored above 20 twice all season, so I can see them having some troubles against North’s defense, especially if the passing attack doesn’t pan out 

I think North runs away with it as long as they can finish their drives and not let penalties or turnovers derail them.

MD races to 35 and coasts to the W

Castle beats a very underwhelming New Albany by 24

North has alternated W/L every week since Sept. 2, but I think they get the W tonight

I would love to see Boonville get the W for selfish reasons, but I just don't think they can pull it off - Reitz by 28

Hoping the Tiger D can stop the JCats' powerful ground attack. I don't mind saying I'm nervous. If QB1 can pull a Willis Reed and hobble from the locker room onto the field then we have a chance. 

1 hour ago, tango said:

If QB1 can pull a Willis Reed and hobble from the locker room onto the field then we have a chance. 

Who is playing QB tonight?

2 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Again, North is in a spot to get a winning season for the first time since 2007...

This is unbelievable.  It is also true.

32 minutes ago, Alduflux said:

Who is playing QB tonight?

This is unbelievable.  It is also true.

We had a QB change in Wk. 3 from a senior to a sophomore. He was injured in/after the Castle game and did not play last week against Bosse. I have not seen an injury report this week, but I believe he was in a boot and crutches. Jasper and Memorial have to be the 2 teams with the most injuries in the SIAC this season...

2 hours ago, tango said:

We had a QB change in Wk. 3 from a senior to a sophomore. He was injured in/after the Castle game and did not play last week against Bosse. I have not seen an injury report this week, but I believe he was in a boot and crutches. Jasper and Memorial have to be the 2 teams with the most injuries in the SIAC this season...

I agree, at one point both teams were down double digit starters this season and still faces it too

35 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

I agree, at one point both teams were down double digit starters this season and still faces it too

Jasper can win if they can control the Tigers passing game, notice I didn’t say stop. But everybody knows that. Had one one significant contributor out (not coming back) for the Alice’s.  Who knows tonite, have seen players seem healthy at the end of a game, only to see them in street clothes the next few games. 

17 minutes ago, jcat69 said:

Jasper can win if they can control the Tigers passing game, notice I didn’t say stop. But everybody knows that. Had one one significant contributor out (not coming back) for the Alice’s.  Who knows tonite, have seen players seem healthy at the end of a game, only to see them in street clothes the next few games. 

Same on this side too, hope for no injuries tonight on either team. Good luck tonight!