Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

The SIAC Thread

SIAC First Round picks

Perry Central at Mater Dei

I do not know much about Perry Central, looks like they had some very close games against Forest Park and Tell City this year. It does look like they have a strong running game and won the PLAC. Mater Dei raised some eyebrows keeping it close with Reitz the entire game last week. Give me Mater Dei by 17 late in the 2H. 

Central at Reitz

Not a good matchup for Central to keep away from a winless season for the first time in 37 years. Reitz is a different breed and keeps on rolling. Give me the Panthers in a running clock

Memorial at Bosse

After losing to a close one to Reitz, Memorial has bounced back by earning back to back wins over Vincennes and Castle to tie for 2nd place in the SIAC. On the other hand, Bosse has had a tough season, but does have a solid duo in Wagner/Hope. But with some guys being out tonight, there will be a lot of running in this one by the Tigers. However, give me the Tigers by 3-4 scores, as a potential Memorial/Jasper rematch is looming for next week.

Boonville at Harrison

Harrison has seen some improvements on both Offense and Defense over the season and has a ranked win over Jasper (#5 that week in 4A). Harrison has consistently been in the Top 4 in passing defense this season, but struggles a lot on the rushing attack. Boonville has had a pleasant season going 6-3, losing to a tough one against Gibson Southern in the PAC-Big School Championship Game. Led by a deadly RB/QB Duo, I can see them doing some damage to Harrison’s run defense, while keeping the passing game low. I’ll take the Pioneers in this one by 16

Vincennes at Gibson Southern

Vincennes was a very big surprise as at one point they were in 2nd place for the SIAC, and a few plays away from being 6-3, however, a 3 game skid has not helped their case towards the end of the regular season. But, they have a young squad ready to improve too, with a solid dual threat QB in Hunt and a ball hawk defense. As the Alices always seem to have a defender on a receiver or quick enough to stop a big gain. And getting 10 sacks on the season. While the season has been up and down, Vincennes has shown lots of light too. Like beating Mater Dei 31-28 in a nice bounce back game after their last second loss against Reitz in the previous week. But it has been a rough couple of Weeks for the Alices and it gets even harder tonight.

Gibson Southern ran through the PAC again going 9-0 for the 5th time under HC Hart, while getting some nice wins over Terre Haute South Vigo and Kentucky 5A South Warren (Avenged last year’s loss). Jr QB Boyd has taken the reigns under center after Brady Allen graduated and has done an excellent job all year around. While RB Roberts has paved his way on the run game behind a Solid OL. Not to mention on a solid defense giving up 14.1 PPG, while living in a QB’s backfield totaling 24 sacks and 80.0 TFLs. With strong performances by the underclassmen on the team. Gibson Southern has poised itself an 3A favorite all season long, as Titans hope they go back to back. I think this this will be a fun matchup, and Vincennes will be playing for their lives too, however, I’m going to take the Titans by 3 scores.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

SIAC First Round picks

Perry Central at Mater Dei

I do not know much about Perry Central, looks like they had some very close games against Forest Park and Tell City this year. It does look like they have a strong running game and won the PLAC. Mater Dei raised some eyebrows keeping it close with Reitz the entire game last week. Give me Mater Dei by 17 late in the 2H. 

Central at Reitz

Not a good matchup for Central to keep away from a winless season for the first time in 37 years. Reitz is a different breed and keeps on rolling. Give me the Panthers in a running clock

Memorial at Bosse

After losing to a close one to Reitz, Memorial has bounced back by earning back to back wins over Vincennes and Castle to tie for 2nd place in the SIAC. On the other hand, Bosse has had a tough season, but does have a solid duo in Wagner/Hope. But with some guys being out tonight, there will be a lot of running in this one by the Tigers. However, give me the Tigers by 3-4 scores, as a potential Memorial/Jasper rematch is looming for next week.

Boonville at Harrison

Harrison has seen some improvements on both Offense and Defense over the season and has a ranked win over Jasper (#5 that week in 4A). Harrison has consistently been in the Top 4 in passing defense this season, but struggles a lot on the rushing attack. Boonville has had a pleasant season going 6-3, losing to a tough one against Gibson Southern in the PAC-Big School Championship Game. Led by a deadly RB/QB Duo, I can see them doing some damage to Harrison’s run defense, while keeping the passing game low. I’ll take the Pioneers in this one by 16

Vincennes at Gibson Southern

Vincennes was a very big surprise as at one point they were in 2nd place for the SIAC, and a few plays away from being 6-3, however, a 3 game skid has not helped their case towards the end of the regular season. But, they have a young squad ready to improve too, with a solid dual threat QB in Hunt and a ball hawk defense. As the Alices always seem to have a defender on a receiver or quick enough to stop a big gain. And getting 10 sacks on the season. While the season has been up and down, Vincennes has shown lots of light too. Like beating Mater Dei 31-28 in a nice bounce back game after their last second loss against Reitz in the previous week. But it has been a rough couple of Weeks for the Alices and it gets even harder tonight.

Gibson Southern ran through the PAC again going 9-0 for the 5th time under HC Hart, while getting some nice wins over Terre Haute South Vigo and Kentucky 5A South Warren (Avenged last year’s loss). Jr QB Boyd has taken the reigns under center after Brady Allen graduated and has done an excellent job all year around. While RB Roberts has paved his way on the run game behind a Solid OL. Not to mention on a solid defense giving up 14.1 PPG, while living in a QB’s backfield totaling 24 sacks and 80.0 TFLs. With strong performances by the underclassmen on the team. Gibson Southern has poised itself an 3A favorite all season long, as Titans hope they go back to back. I think this this will be a fun matchup, and Vincennes will be playing for their lives too, however, I’m going to take the Titans by 3 scores.

I think you will see a running clock in every one of these games

• Like 3

On 10/19/2022 at 8:47 PM, TigerFan20 said:

First Round SIAC Spreads (Calpreps)

Memorial (-35) at Bosse

Central at Reitz (-56)

Boonville at Harrison (+11)

Vincennes (+14) at Gibson Southern

Perry Central at Mater Dei (-21)

Memorial -35

Central +56

Boonville -11