Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Mr. Football Positional Winners

7 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

What a shame Zionsville's Tanona did not win OLine. I have never seen a kid dominate a game like him. 

I watched some highlight of him and oh lord is he a big man who moves.

OL a tough one this year

2 Notre dame guys and then Goodwin who might just be the biggest high schooler I have ever seen

10 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I watched some highlight of him and oh lord is he a big man who moves.

OL a tough one this year

2 Notre dame guys and then Goodwin who might just be the biggest high schooler I have ever seen

How about the guy who got offers from Ohio State and Texas A&M............Demon Moore. 

12 hours ago, BTF said:

How about the guy who got offers from Ohio State and Texas A&M............Demon Moore. 

I’ve watched his stuff…he’s impressive….but I can’t get over the feeling he should play nose tackle.  The amount of push he gets with just 1 step is incredible.  

I didn’t find any defensive stats indicating he played on the DL though.  Maybe he doesnt have an interest playing there or there were just other kids available to play DL at snider and coaches didn’t want to run him both ways.  All acceptable…..but man…he could be like a Vita Vea at NT and just plug the entire IOL

idk I’m no coach.  Maybe they tried it and it wasn’t as good a fit as I’m thinking…just have to imagine the short burst bulldozer style push he gets playing RG would translate really well to DT/NT….and I think he could be elite playing there 

22 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I’ve watched his stuff…he’s impressive….but I can’t get over the feeling he should play nose tackle.  The amount of push he gets with just 1 step is incredible.  

I didn’t find any defensive stats indicating he played on the DL though.  Maybe he doesnt have an interest playing there or there were just other kids available to play DL at snider and coaches didn’t want to run him both ways.  All acceptable…..but man…he could be like a Vita Vea at NT and just plug the entire IOL

idk I’m no coach.  Maybe they tried it and it wasn’t as good a fit as I’m thinking…just have to imagine the short burst bulldozer style push he gets playing RG would translate really well to DT/NT….and I think he could be elite playing there 

Not very often does the Snider staff play a player on both sides. It works for New Pal, but it's not Snider's model. I don't remember him playing defense, I could be wrong though. 

1 minute ago, BTF said:

Not very often does the Snider staff play a player on both sides. It works for New Pal, but it's not Snider's model. I don't remember him playing defense, I could be wrong though. 

Well at the next level, I hope a coach gives him a shot on the DL…I definitely think he would be a monster on that side of the ball…maybe more impactful than what he does at guard 

Just now, DumfriesYMCA said:

Well at the next level, I hope a coach gives him a shot on the DL…I definitely think he would be a monster on that side of the ball…maybe more impactful than what he does at guard 

Anything is possible at Indiana 🙂

On 12/6/2021 at 8:19 AM, DumfriesYMCA said:

Didn’t even realize they did positional awards for this but congrats to all awarded. 

I would like to add that Ashton Craig has also been nominated for the “man of the year” award by the All American Bowl.  

ADB8F04A-6D96-4845-AEFD-050A4F37DA72.jpeg.3e1767a6fad67c89aaf86e58c865848b.jpeg

I believe Mr. Football is voted on by the coaches from the position winners only, no?

On 12/6/2021 at 4:46 PM, Indiana Fan said:

What a shame Zionsville's Tanona did not win OLine. I have never seen a kid dominate a game like him. 

I think it's a bit unfair to only have one OL and one DL. It is five positions... I'm not a fan of giving everyone a medal, but I think we all know the qualities to for interior OL (C/Gs) are different than OTs, as are interior DL (NG/DT) vs. DE.

Now, I can see the same argument for DBs, but in HS the best DB in the state can probably play both CBs and FS (perhaps not SS or "Rover" -- SS/OLB hybrid -- whatever your system calls it.

More love for the hogs!

ETA: I am a little surprised to see the DB, Pasch, is from a 1A school. I have never seen him play and with open enrollment kids in cities can choose to be the big fish in a small pond! How good was he? Would he have been able to cover 5A/6A receivers. (It seems he is reportedly going to Wabash?)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

ETA: I am a little surprised to see the DB, Pasch, is from a 1A school. I have never seen him play and with open enrollment kids in cities can choose to be the big fish in a small pond! How good was he? Would he have been able to cover 5A/6A receivers. (It seems he is reportedly going to Wabash?)

Jake Pasch is a very good football player (Offensively and Defensively). I don't feel he would have a problem covering 5A/6A receivers (a lot of these teams compete in 7 on 7 match-ups through the summer). He wasn't one of those that chose to be a big fish in a small pond. He was going to play for Lutheran regardless because his father is the Head Football Coach at Lutheran.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

Jake Pasch is a very good football player (Offensively and Defensively). I don't feel he would have a problem covering 5A/6A receivers (a lot of these teams compete in 7 on 7 match-ups through the summer). He wasn't one of those that chose to be a big fish in a small pond. He was going to play for Lutheran regardless because his father is the Head Football Coach at Lutheran.

I watched Lutheran's 1A state title game this year and was very impressed with Jake Pasch.  VERY good football player.