Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

New MIC Opponents 2023

2 hours ago, Indiana Fan said:

Not saying it isn't fun to see these matchups every once in a while. I just personally would like to see them play Cathedral, Fort Wayne teams, or Penn or Valpo

Snider, Homestead, Carroll, and Dwenger seem to be booked through 2024. Maybe Ben Davis can ink some deals after that?

If the Giants want a taste of the SAC, I'd rather see them go after Northrop versus Concordia. I say this every year and maybe I'm just too much of a glass half full kind of a guy, but I'm still waiting for the Bruins to have a breakout year. The Cadets are just too much of a question mark at this point to want to take on Ben Davis. Concordia has some talent for sure, but no stability at the coaching position. 

5 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

Speaking of out of state opponents, just saw where Center Grove will play Louisville Trinity in 2022 week 3. Carmel vs CG will move up to week 2. This is on John Harrell's website.

So schedules can be rearranged?  Weird.  I was told Merrillville couldn't do that to play us.

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1

1 minute ago, Grover said:

So schedules can be rearranged?  Weird.  I was told Merrillville couldn't do that to play us.

Was Merrillville a potential opponent for CG? Would have loved to see the Pirates play the Trojans. Especially to beef up Merrillville's schedule and prepare for tournament.

1 hour ago, Indiana Fan said:

Was Merrillville a potential opponent for CG? Would have loved to see the Pirates play the Trojans. Especially to beef up Merrillville's schedule and prepare for tournament.

Lots of talk on Facebook about how Merrillville wasn't afraid to play Indy area teams.  CG invited them to play in week 3 and they refused claiming their schedule was set.

14 minutes ago, Grover said:

Lots of talk on Facebook about how Merrillville wasn't afraid to play Indy area teams.  CG invited them to play in week 3 and they refused claiming their schedule was set.

Why Indy schools always want merrillville down there? You guys scared of are high crime rate, polllution, or bad weather up in the region?

16 minutes ago, Grover said:

Merrillville's schedule probably was already locked for Week 3.  Like many schools in conferences, especially larger conferences, typically Weeks 1 and 2 are the weeks for non-conference games ... and sometimes Week 9 if there isn't a crossover championship in split conferences.  Merrillville's schedule is filled in Weeks 3-9 with other Duneland teams.  Week 1 and Week 2 are taken up with non-con Andrean and Hobart.  They've played Andrean consistently for over a decade and, looking at the schedule, it looks like they had a home-and-home with Hobart that will hit the second cycle of that finishing out at Hobart this year.  Don't know if Andrean's more of a year-to-year, but I suspect that the Hobart games are part of a contract agreement.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Indiana Fan said:

Speaking of out of state opponents, just saw where Center Grove will play Louisville Trinity in 2022 week 3. Carmel vs CG will move up to week 2. This is on John Harrell's website.

2 hours ago, Grover said:

Well considering Carmel and Center Grove are now both Independent... they have the freedom to rearrange their schedules however they see fit. Merrillville (and most other schools in the state) are likely very stuck when it comes to their non-conference availability.  As was stated previously, the DAC has their conference games all lined up weeks 3-9, so if Center Grove was trying to play Merrillville during those weeks, yeah, no duh they couldn't rearrange their schedule.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Whiting89 said:

Why Indy schools always want merrillville down there? You guys scared of are high crime rate, polllution, or bad weather up in the region?

The proposal wasn't just to play at CG.  Besides, NWI schools need the Indy schools more than vice versa.

5 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Well considering Carmel and Center Grove are now both Independent... they have the freedom to rearrange their schedules however they see fit. Merrillville (and most other schools in the state) are likely very stuck when it comes to their non-conference availability.  As was stated previously, the DAC has their conference games all lined up weeks 3-9, so if Center Grove was trying to play Merrillville during those weeks, yeah, no duh they couldn't rearrange their schedule.

No duh?

Edited by Grover

38 minutes ago, BTF said:

I'm curious as to why you think this?

It’s like schools who played Butler and Gonzaga in basketball in the early 2000s…you win and it’s a footnote because it was expected…you lose and it’s front page news.

Every 4A-6A school in the Indy metro area can battle test themselves by traveling no farther than 45 minutes from their locker room.  There’s no need to get on a bus for 2.5-3 hours to play a region team.

Edited by temptation

1 minute ago, temptation said:

It’s like schools who played Butler and Gonzaga in basketball in the early 2000s…you win and it’s a footnote because it was expected…you lose and it’s front page news.

Every 4A-6A school in the Indy metro area can battle test themselves by traveling no farther than 45 minutes from their locker room.  There’s no need to get on a bus for 2.5-3 hours to play a region team.

I can roll with most of that. But I think it's only front page news for half the teams in the MIC and HCC. For the other half, a win shouldn't be "expected."

I agree that Indy teams can find all they competition they want within a stones throw and have no need to travel 2.5-3 hours (damn, is it really that long?). But there must be something to be said about playing some quality competition outside of your own area. We all know why Fort Wayne teams are going after Indy, but we are seeing that there must be some value for Indy teams to go after Fort Wayne. It didn't take long for the SAC's Big Four to land some Indy behemoths. 

15 minutes ago, temptation said:

What happens when those schools in the Indy area won’t play Carmel, CG, BD, Warren? I believe that’s probably why they are forced to go play Cincinnati and Louisville schools

15 minutes ago, BTF said:

I can roll with most of that. But I think it's only front page news for half the teams in the MIC and HCC. For the other half, a win shouldn't be "expected."

I agree that Indy teams can find all they competition they want within a stones throw and have no need to travel 2.5-3 hours (damn, is it really that long?). But there must be something to be said about playing some quality competition outside of your own area. We all know why Fort Wayne teams are going after Indy, but we are seeing that there must be some value for Indy teams to go after Fort Wayne. It didn't take long for the SAC's Big Four to land some Indy behemoths. 

A one win Noblesville outfit took Homestead to OT just two years ago in the sectional.  That’s the only data point I need to prove your first point wrong.

The Indy teams going after Fort Wayne (I assume you are talking about Warren, no one else I know of unless I’m missing something) are doing so out of necessity as they’ve painted themselves into a corner after all of this butt hurt nonsense in the MIC.

Who else is playing the “SAC behemoths” you speak of?

8 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

What happens when those schools in the Indy area won’t play Carmel, CG, BD, Warren? I believe that’s probably why they are forced to go play Cincinnati and Louisville schools

Huh?

Edited by temptation

6 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

I think that may be a two way street. The public school teams in Louisville and Cincy don't like playing the X's and Trinity or the other GCL teams 

1 minute ago, temptation said:

A one win Noblesville outfit took Homestead to OT just two years ago in the sectional.  That’s the only data point I need to prove your first point wrong.

The Indy teams going after Fort Wayne (I assume you are talking about Warren, no one else I know of unless I’m missing something) are doing so out of necessity as they’ve painted themselves into a corner after all of this butt hurt nonsense in the MIC.

Who else is playing the “SAC behemoths” you speak of?

I think it's time to let the Homestead/Noblesville game go. We've already been down that road. Homestead played them half asleep. Then they turned around and outplayed the best team from Indy the following week for the first half without their top offensive player. I still remember the days when Fort Wayne radio guys were pissed they had to waste 3 hours of there evening calling games against the HCC (yeah yeah, that was 20 years ago, no need for you to elaborate on that).

And yes, you're missing a whole bunch apparently. These deals have been inked for 2023.

Snider vs Warren Central

Dwenger vs Brownsburg 

Homestead vs Carmel

Homestead vs Noblesville

Carroll vs Hamilton Southeastern

Carroll vs Warren Central

33 minutes ago, Irishman said:

I think that may be a two way street. The public school teams in Louisville and Cincy don't like playing the X's and Trinity or the other GCL teams 

I don't think Indy goes after Louisville and Cincinnati out of necessity, I think they are going after the competition...........the border war. Dwenger did the same thing in inking a deal with Cincinnati Moeller in 2023. I'm sure there were a slew of options in Indiana, Dwenger WANTED that game. I still think more Fort Wayne teams should explore options in Toledo. Border wars are exciting. 

57 minutes ago, BTF said:

I think it's time to let the Homestead/Noblesville game go. We've already been down that road. Homestead played them half asleep. Then they turned around and outplayed the best team from Indy the following week for the first half without their top offensive player. I still remember the days when Fort Wayne radio guys were pissed they had to waste 3 hours of there evening calling games against the HCC (yeah yeah, that was 20 years ago, no need for you to elaborate on that).

And yes, you're missing a whole bunch apparently. These deals have been inked for 2023.

Snider vs Warren Central

Dwenger vs Brownsburg 

Homestead vs Carmel

Homestead vs Noblesville

Even if we let that data point go, the SAC’s best have fallen flat on their face against the MIC/HCC at the 6A level…Snider’s close calls in 2016 and 2017 have expired.

You could insert any name for Homestead and any other name for Noblesville and the statement would still hold true.

Was unaware of those matchups listed.  Admirable.

I’m calling a 6-0/5-1 record for Indy by the way…

Edited by temptation

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Even if we let that data point go, the SAC’s best have fallen flat on their face against the MIC/HCC at the 6A level…Snider’s close calls in 2016 and 2017 have expired.

You could insert any name for Homestead and any other name for Noblesville and the statement would still hold true.

Was unaware of those matchups listed.  Admirable.

I’m calling a 6-0/5-1 record for Indy by the way…

Indianapolis schools are huge. It's an uphill battle. Nonetheless, it'll be an exiting weekend for football. 

14 hours ago, Irishman said:

Good point. In Kentucky there are only a handful of public schools that can compete with X or Trinity and they are typically forced to play them in District Play. In Cincinnati, only a select few teams from the Greater Miami Conference (Colerain being the main) can compete with the GCL South teams. I can't remember the last time a Lakota school, Mason, Sycamore, or Princeton beat a GCL South team.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, temptation said:

Which statement to be exact? 

You seem to somehow think that the Homestead/Noblesville game is the end all be all. By using your logic Snider (arguably their most underperforming team in four decades) and Dwenger would have beaten Chatard, arguably Indy's third best team, in 2020. And Chatard may have finished 6th in the SAC. 

16 hours ago, temptation said:

(I assume you are talking about Warren, no one else I know of unless I’m missing something)

16 hours ago, BTF said:

Snider vs Warren Central

Dwenger vs Brownsburg 

Homestead vs Carmel

Homestead vs Noblesville

Along with Carroll vs. Center Grove

51 minutes ago, BTF said:

Which statement to be exact? 

You seem to somehow think that the Homestead/Noblesville game is the end all be all. By using your logic Snider (arguably their most underperforming team in four decades) and Dwenger would have beaten Chatard, arguably Indy's third best team, in 2020. And Chatard may have finished 6th in the SAC. 

No but Carroll/Homestead’s post season face plants against Westfield and Carmel also prove my point.  I could also throw in Zionsville and Dwenger for fun.  So maybe saying Noblesville was my only data point was shortsighted.

Not sure how you draw Chatard into this argument but am anxious to read you explain it.

25 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Along with Carroll vs. Center Grove

So 6-1/7-0?

Edited by temptation

1 hour ago, temptation said:

No but Carroll/Homestead’s post season face plants against Westfield and Carmel also prove my point.  I could also throw in Zionsville and Dwenger for fun.  So maybe saying Noblesville was my only data point was shortsighted.

Not sure how you draw Chatard into this argument but am anxious to read you explain it.

So 6-1/7-0?

You're telling all the posters on this forum that Fort Wayne can't compete with Indy. I'm simply telling you that the SAC's 6th best team in 2020 took one of Indy's best to the 5 minute mark of the 4th quarter. Thought I already explained that. 

I get that the SAC's top have fallen big to the MIC and HCC. My argument is that the top half of the HCC and MIC seem to be on another level. You're argument is that the entirety of the HCC and MIC is on another level.

I'll say 6-1. Like I said, an uphill battle. Every SAC school is playing a larger Indy school by enrollment. It'll be fun though for all involved. Kudos to Indy and Fort Wayne for making it happen.  

Edited by BTF