Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Super Bowl LVI

Bobref

9 hours ago, Bobref said:

Not yet.

If a guy with a career winning percentage of 47 percent as a starter is a hall of fame player I guess the criteria is too complicated for me to understand.

Great stats, played on some poor teams, but playing the most important position in sports, eventually wins and losses HAVE to matter.

FWIW, I don’t think Eli Manning is a hall of famer either.

6 hours ago, temptation said:

If a guy with a career winning percentage of 47 percent as a starter is a hall of fame player I guess the criteria is too complicated for me to understand.

Great stats, played on some poor teams, but playing the most important position in sports, eventually wins and losses HAVE to matter.

FWIW, I don’t think Eli Manning is a hall of famer either.

I am not disagreeing.....

How would have Tom Brady have faired if drafted by the Detroit Lions?   Expansion Houston Texans?  aka David Carr

56 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

I am not disagreeing.....

How would have Tom Brady have faired if drafted by the Detroit Lions?   Expansion Houston Texans?  aka David Carr

Good 30 for 30 on Tuck Rule. One of the things discussed was if that had been ruled a fumble the Patriots lose and Drew Bledsoe returns as the starter the following year. Does Brady gets his chance with the Patriots or go somewhere else? Is he as successful early in his career in a different system?

• Like 2

19 hours ago, temptation said:

Posted solely with the intent of getting @Bobreffired up…

3E4CA5F6-20DA-4350-83D1-679F91D37031.jpeg

If Bob has taught us anything it's that you should never use still photos to justify or dispute calls in football. And you lose all credibility on the lower right photo when the foul that was called was defensive holding. That means it happened before the ball was thrown so it was well before the action in this photo.

11 hours ago, temptation said:

Man, in an era where trash talk is such a big part of the game it is damn refreshing to see the mutual respect amongst these guys.

No one will ever convince me that trash talk should be allowed.  HATE it and not needed at all.  Nothing good comes of it.

8 minutes ago, temptation said:

My favorite quote to tell my students and athletes:

"When you're good, you tell others.  When you're great, others tell you."

Mine was very similar, with a very small exception...

"When you're good, others tell you.  When you're great, everyone tells you."

But you better not think you are bigger than the team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DE said:

Mine was very similar, with a very small exception...

"When you're good, others tell you.  When you're great, everyone tells you."

But you better not think you are bigger than the team.

The problem is there are so few professional athletes to serve as role models for today's youth as it relates to how to conduct yourself.  Social media is the worst and the young generation views Twitter and Instagram as the end all be all.

Another quote that I like that I feel applies to many of today's youth.  It was said by Bryce Young's father the night he won the Heisman Trophy.

"If you are the best at your gym, find a new gym."

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, temptation said:

Do us all a favor and put me back on ignore.  Afterwards take a lap with @Footballking16.  He's still finishing his.

You're still on ignore. It just seems like every time I decide to actually read one of your comments, it's just as out of touch as the last one I read. Sure, I can take a Victory Lap. Let's go temp!

28 minutes ago, temptation said:

Do us all a favor and put me back on ignore.  Afterwards take a lap with @Footballking16.  He's still finishing his.

That guy again.  SMH.  He reminds me of the Winamac fanatic....just older....which is creepier.

29 minutes ago, temptation said:

He needs to charge is electric scooter first.

9 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

I like that comment...A LOT! 

I loved it.  As someone who has coached at both the 1A and 6A level, I can tell you that when I started young at the small school level, changing the "I'm the best in my class" or "I'm the best in my county/neighborhood" mentality was a tall order.  It was not until I exposed my athletes to the big boys outside of our area multiple times that they began to buy in to hard work and setting higher goals.  It took time.  When they started hanging with and beating the big boys, the corner had been turned.

33 minutes ago, temptation said:

I loved it.  As someone who has coached at both the 1A and 6A level, I can tell you that when I started young at the small school level, changing the "I'm the best in my class" or "I'm the best in my county/neighborhood" mentality was a tall order.  It was not until I exposed my athletes to the big boys outside of our area multiple times that they began to buy in to hard work and setting higher goals.  It took time.  When they started hanging with and beating the big boys, the corner had been turned.

Wish this mentality would spread to ALL areas. 

Heard this one around these parts…..

”Middle school “stud”. High school “dud”.”