Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Don’t Let The Wording Fool You…

4 minutes ago, Slobberknocker said:

He was the second freshman to lose his stripe

He appears to be doing well.  Hope it continues.

27 minutes ago, temptation said:

Choose a lane.

Im happy for the kid.  But I can also be against the deceptive misinformation that is allowed to circulate This is one of the more egregious variance to reality that I can recall seeing for an ultra high level recruit.  

1 minute ago, HHF said:

Im happy for the kid.  But I can also be against the deceptive misinformation that is allowed to circulate This is one of the more egregious variance to reality that I can recall seeing for an ultra high level recruit.  

You:  “I have this feeling he's gotten way in over his head.”

Me:  “But he’s already been applauded as one of the two best incoming freshmen on the roster.”

You:  “He appears to be doing well.”

4 minutes ago, HHF said:

Disinformation from who? Do you really think Ohio State thought they were getting a 6’5 kid and we’re taken aback when a 6’3 Curry showed up on campus as if they’ve never seen or talked to him in person before???

1 hour ago, temptation said:

I’m calling BS on him being one of the fastest kids on the team…unless you are considering being in the 90th percentile “one of the fastest.”

CG has more speed than folks want to admit (at all three levels) and this track season is proving it.

I really don't care whether you agree or not.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Grover said:

I really don't care whether you agree or not.

Not about me agreeing.  It’s common sense that CG has loads of guys quicker than Curry.  The stop watch doesn’t lie.

Carry on.  We are on the same team here.

2 hours ago, HHF said:

Francis GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

14 hours ago, HHF said:

Was your roster h/w right when you played 

Ok not sure if info I had this heard is right,  but my source is right more time then not. Cg and Carmel went to the Mic first and asked them if they would want enter into talks with HHC about merging into one supper conference.  My understanding is the rest of the MIC said no so after that is when CG and Carmel went to the rest of the mic about change conference.  

14 hours ago, temptation said:

You:  “I have this feeling he's gotten way in over his head.”

Me:  “But he’s already been applauded as one of the two best incoming freshmen on the roster.”

You:  “He appears to be doing well.”

Temptation and HHF/DT get into a spat. 

fad630cfcb68682fbb7e6fc5ab226e71.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Trojanmp52 said:

Was your roster h/w right when you played 

Yes it was,  And for the most part, the vast majority of rosters are accurate.

Thgis is a special case.  We have a near 5 star recruit whose height is reported on one recruiting service at 6-5 and on another at 6 - 2 .5  Thats a huge difference.  And is misleading.  Intentional or not

1 hour ago, BDGiant93 said:

Temptation and HHF/DT get into a spat. 

fad630cfcb68682fbb7e6fc5ab226e71.gif

You crack me up Jon.

12 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

Hard for a Highland guy to put up Giants Stadium. Much appreciated.

That was a huge game for both programs.  Class 5A 1987 State Championship  BD14  Highland 7

It was the penultimate moment for Highland Trojan Football.  First, and probably last ever appearance in a state championship football game.  The program built up to that moment from its inception in 1958 and has been on a steady downward cycle since.  

The win for BD was its first state championship victory, with many more to follow.

3 hours ago, HHF said:

Yes it was,  And for the most part, the vast majority of rosters are accurate.

Thgis is a special case.  We have a near 5 star recruit whose height is reported on one recruiting service at 6-5 and on another at 6 - 2 .5  Thats a huge difference.  And is misleading.  Intentional or not

You crack me up Jon.

When My son had his  physical was done they did his h/w with his shoes and cloths on,  and I know that is what was on the official school roster. The school did not  do their own h/w they just copy what was on his physical. Also as some one who that done a lot of h/w over the years I can tell you it easy for a persons h/w to be different based on scale or you is doing the height measurement and how they are doing it

also I know mine was not I was 2in taller and 10 pounds more

Edited by Trojanmp52

On 5/2/2022 at 9:06 AM, HHF said:

I believe Yeast was a one year transfer into CG.  Not really a product of the system.

People move into areas all the time.  Not sure why that is seen as a negative.  Russ' Dad Craig, former NFL player himself, moved into the area when he took over as offensive coordinator at Franklin College.  I am sure he received some direction as to the best place for Russ and his sister, who is currently a standout in track at the University of Louisville for education and athletics.

Whether Russ grew up in CG or not, he sure understood the offense, (and D when he played that side of the ball)  Not living in an area one's entire life doesn't diminish anything and Russ will hardly be the last to move into a given area later in his high school career.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

People move into areas all the time.  Not sure why that is seen as a negative.  Russ' Dad Craig, former NFL player himself, moved into the area when he took over as offensive coordinator at Franklin College.  I am sure he received some direction as to the best place for Russ and his sister, who is currently a standout in track at the University of Louisville for education and athletics.

Whether Russ grew up in CG or not, he sure understood the offense, (and D when he played that side of the ball)  Not living in an area one's entire life doesn't diminish anything and Russ will hardly be the last to move into a given area later in his high school career.

I dont see this as a negative.  Its just a fact.  He did not come up thru the bantam-peewee-junior high system like 99% of the CG kids do.  No harm no foul.  Just a fact.

On 5/2/2022 at 2:27 PM, HHF said:

Id be more concerned about his actual height, which is absolutely critical at his position.  There is a BIG difference between 6-2.5 and 6-5., especially when you are pass rushing against 6-7 offensive guards and tackles. 

If he is closer to 6.2.5, dont be surprised to see him moved to LB.

Ohio State is listing him at 6'3" on their official roster.

https://ohiostatebuckeyes.com/roster/caden-curry/

21 minutes ago, HHF said:

I dont see this as a negative.  Its just a fact.  He did not come up thru the bantam-peewee-junior high system like 99% of the CG kids do.  No harm no foul.  Just a fact.

ok...just wasn't sure where you were going.  Kids move into areas all the time.  Russ wasn't the first, won't be the last to move into CG.  CG has also lost a number of pretty good young football players that also move out of the area.  Remember former NFL center Nick Hardwick that graduated from Lawrence North? Guessing pretty much most areas experience the same.  

20 hours ago, HHF said:

Every school a kid visits measures them....no school was deceived.  OSU and every other school offering understand what they would be getting.  

1 hour ago, Trojanmp52 said:

When My son had his  physical was done they did his h/w with his shoes and cloths on,  and I know that is what was on the official school roster. The school did not  do their own h/w they just copy what was on his physical. Also as some one who that done a lot of h/w over the years I can tell you it easy for a persons h/w to be different based on scale or you is doing the height measurement and how they are doing it

also I know mine was not I was 2in taller and 10 pounds more

Was he wearing his Timberlands when he went to get his physical?  Might explain Curry's issue.

• Like 1