Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

3 pages this morning....there's a lot to sift through.

1.  End of game:  Agree with going for 2.

2. Penalties:  FC apparently has had a lot of penalties called on them in recent games, there's only 1 common denominator there.

3. We didn't play good the first half. Our kids played hard, but we had a lot of uncharacteristic mistakes...dropped passes, missed tackles, etc.  We made adjustments and played better in the 2nd half.

4.  I'd like to think one fan is indicative of an entire fanbase, but as the players were shaking hands and fans were leaving the stands, FC fans yelled something derogatory towards the Stars supporters that ignited the entire section....way to keep it classy FC.

2 hours ago, LawrenceGreene said:

3 pages this morning....there's a lot to sift through.

1.  End of game:  Agree with going for 2.

2. Penalties:  FC apparently has had a lot of penalties called on them in recent games, there's only 1 common denominator there.

3. We didn't play good the first half. Our kids played hard, but we had a lot of uncharacteristic mistakes...dropped passes, missed tackles, etc.  We made adjustments and played better in the 2nd half.

4.  I'd like to think one fan is indicative of an entire fanbase, but as the players were shaking hands and fans were leaving the stands, FC fans yelled something derogatory towards the Stars supporters that ignited the entire section....way to keep it classy FC.

I was more upset at the penalties that weren't called. BNLs left tackle wasn't blocking, he was wrapping his left arm around our REs neck. He did it about 4-5 times right in front of the 320 lb head Referee that could barely get up and down the field. Louden tripped and fumbled the ball and FC recovered which would've ended the game. However they threw a defensive holding flag about 40 yards away from the play while the ball was rolling on the ground.

I didn't think BNL really played bad, it was more that they were being manhandled on the line of scrimmage. FC got real conservative in the 2nd half and the amount of penalties called on them kept them from getting into any type of groove. 

FC fans were definitely vulgar to BNL fans after the game which wasn't necessary. I think it's more that our fans, myself included, were disgusted with the officiating.

2 hours ago, Bobref said:

👍

Got called for a chop block and they don't even teach cut blocking.

1 hour ago, Fkfootball said:

Got called for a chop block and they don't even teach cut blocking.

Just so we’re clear, cut blocking and a chop block are not the same thing. 

Been a long time since I was a “fan” but when I was I don’t think it ever dawned on me to heckle the opposing crowd because I was pissed off at the officials. What sense does that make? AFTER A WIN!

13 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Just so we’re clear, cut blocking and a chop block are not the same thing. 

Been a long time since I was a “fan” but when I was I don’t think it ever dawned on me to heckle the opposing crowd because I was pissed off at the officials. What sense does that make? AFTER A WIN!

We have a pretty entitled fanbase. Myself included. I know that I've brought a lot of it on myself, especially on this board. I just hope nobody holds it against coach Bragg or any his players. It's not them behaving like that.

27 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

We have a pretty entitled fanbase. Myself included. I know that I've brought a lot of it on myself, especially on this board. I just hope nobody holds it against coach Bragg or any his players. It's not them behaving like that.

Most sensible thing you’ve ever written on this forum. 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

Where would you say that entitlement comes from? Other than one fan after the East and Floyd Central game, I’ve never had an issue with Floyd Central. Then again, I’m not around you all enough to know.

18 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Where would you say that entitlement comes from? Other than one fan after the East and Floyd Central game, I’ve never had an issue with Floyd Central. Then again, I’m not around you all enough to know.

A lot of people here have money and are used to getting their way. That kind of mentality can spread like a virus.

28 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

A lot of people here have money and are used to getting their way. That kind of mentality can spread like a virus.

Gotcha. I knew there was a lot of money there but didn’t want to assume that was the reason for it. You guys are very successful in athletics overall in the HHC so I wasn’t sure if that’s where the entitlement came from or the money itself.

1 hour ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Gotcha. I knew there was a lot of money there but didn’t want to assume that was the reason for it. You guys are very successful in athletics overall in the HHC so I wasn’t sure if that’s where the entitlement came from or the money itself.

That's part of it too. It's just not the blue collar community that it was 30 years ago. It was pretty much our fans, especially the parents, that made Glesing want to leave. Our community better be careful or they're gonna run off another good coach.

Edited by Fkfootball

1 hour ago, Fkfootball said:

That's part of it too. It's just not the blue collar community that it was 30 years ago. It was pretty much our fans, especially the parents, that made Glesing want to leave. Our community better be careful or they're gonna run off another good coach.

Apparently every school is running Glesing off these days. Four schools in the six years since leaving Floyd Central.

19 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Apparently every school is running Glesing off these days. Four schools in the six years since leaving Floyd Central.

I'm not sure what the deal is with that? If he stays at Salem, they'll get a lot better.

Edited by Fkfootball

1 minute ago, HHCFinebaum said:

So the article is wrong? 
it was 15-3 in the third quarter? and not 7-7 for the game?

legit just curious  

I'd love to be able to watch the replay and actually count all the penalties. Context does matter. What type of penalties and when they're called. I've never been a "blame the officials" guy but the past 2 weeks it felt like we were on the wrong side of the whistle. Can I be wrong? Sure. Most of our fanbase agrees with me though. Like I said. I've said all I need to say about and probably more than I need to say about it. It's over. I'm more concerned now about a JC team looking to play spoiler. We got caught overlooking them last year and paid for it.

10 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

I'd love to be able to watch the replay and actually count all the penalties. Context does matter. What type of penalties and when they're called. I've never been a "blame the officials" guy but the past 2 weeks it felt like we were on the wrong side of the whistle. Can I be wrong? Sure. Most of our fanbase agrees with me though. Like I said. I've said all I need to say about and probably more than I need to say about it. It's over. I'm more concerned now about a JC team looking to play spoiler. We got caught overlooking them last year and paid for it.

Well that stinks that the refs keep trying to derail your great season it sounds like you’re having. 
Jennings County not the only ones trying to be spoilers I guess.

19 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

FWIW I’ve watched four different crews work at Seymour this year. If you listen to the fans, I don’t think they have had an issue with any of them. In fact I think for the most part they were never noticed, which is one of the goals. From an official’s standpoint I thought two of them were outstanding, one was mediocre at best, and the other one wasn’t very good at all, bordering on bad. Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder. 

There are games happening every Friday night, crews are being thrown together to cover games, guys are working V long before they are ready. This is the situation as it exists today. I’ve had two frantic calls from AD’s looking for a crew this Friday. Now more than ever the game needs your help. Sign up to officiate your local youth league, get your license and become part of the solution. It’s always easy to sit back and bitch. 

51 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

FWIW I’ve watched four different crews work at Seymour this year. If you listen to the fans, I don’t think they have had an issue with any of them. In fact I think for the most part they were never noticed, which is one of the goals. From an official’s standpoint I thought two of them were outstanding, one was mediocre at best, and the other one wasn’t very good at all, bordering on bad. Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder. 

There are games happening every Friday night, crews are being thrown together to cover games, guys are working V long before they are ready. This is the situation as it exists today. I’ve had two frantic calls from AD’s looking for a crew this Friday. Now more than ever the game needs your help. Sign up to officiate your local youth league, get your license and become part of the solution. It’s always easy to sit back and bitch. 

Trust me. I understand what you're saying. I also understand why it's frustrating for you. If someone criticized my field of work, I'd be upset too. I get it. You aren't wrong whatsoever.

1 hour ago, HHCFinebaum said:

Well that stinks that the refs keep trying to derail your great season it sounds like you’re having. 
Jennings County not the only ones trying to be spoilers I guess.

I'm not even claiming its BIAS. It just feels like it's been inconsistent. Could just be a coincidence or something?

Edited by Fkfootball

43 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

Trust me. I understand what you're saying. I also understand why it's frustrating for you. If someone criticized my field of work, I'd be upset too. I get it. You aren't wrong whatsoever.

No I don’t think you do. Officiating is not my field of work to begin with, it’s an avocation. Why would I be upset if someone criticizes the officials? All I’m trying to do is give some insight into the situation. I have no idea who worked your last two games, no idea whether they were good or bad. I’m certainly not going to put a lot of stock in what any fan would have to say. Nothing personal towards fans, they just don’t know/understand rules and mechanics. That’s not a slight, it’s just a fact.  
One thing you need to absolutely believe, if you think it’s bad now, just wait, because guys are retiring and they’re not being replaced.