Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

1 minute ago, Impartial_Observer said:

No I don’t think you do. Officiating is not my field of work to begin with, it’s an avocation. Why would I be upset if someone criticizes the officials? All I’m trying to do is give some insight into the situation. I have no idea who worked your last two games, no idea whether they were good or bad. I’m certainly not going to put a lot of stock in what any fan would have to say. Nothing personal towards fans, they just don’t know/understand rules and mechanics. That’s not a slight, it’s just a fact.  
One thing you need to absolutely believe, if you think it’s bad now, just wait, because guys are retiring and they’re not being replaced. 

Fair enough point.

• Like 1

I have come to accept that likely we are just fortunate to have a crew to officiate so the game can be played. If they seem to not stand out negatively, that is a major plus. High school on down, it is passion only, just as stringers used to be. Best to just thank them for putting in the effort of showing up and trying. A lot of car miles with gas so expensive.

8 minutes ago, ragdoll said:

I have come to accept that likely we are just fortunate to have a crew to officiate so the game can be played. If they seem to not stand out negatively, that is a major plus. High school on down, it is passion only, just as stringers used to be. Best to just thank them for putting in the effort of showing up and trying. A lot of car miles with gas so expensive.

I do honestly appreciate the people that do that job so I can enjoy HS football. I.O did make some outstanding points. No argument here. Every fanbase has people who get upset with officiating. That's the first time in my life of either being a Floyd Central fan or player, which is about 30 years worth, that I've actually seen the crowd boo the officials off the field. Justified or not, they weren't happy either.

Edited by Fkfootball

3 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

I'm not even claiming its BIAS.

You certainly implied that in your previous posts. And that’s what triggered me. I know there are crews out there that leave a lot to be desired. But ineptitude and favoritism are two very different things. And it seems like you’re using them interchangeably.

• Like 1

This week’s games (week 8):

Columbus East (2-5, 2-2 HHC) at Jeffersonville (0-7, 0-4 HHC)

Jennings County (3-4, 0-4 HHC) at #8/#10 Floyd Central (6-1, 4-0 HHC)

New Albany (2-5, 2-2 HHC) at Seymour (4-3, 3-2 HHC)

Madison (1-6) at BNL (4-3)

Notes:

-Floyd Central moved up to a tie with Decatur Central for #8 in the media poll. They also finally broke into the coaches poll where they are ranked #10.

-With a win, Floyd Central will clinch at least a share of their first HHC championship since 2003.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frozen Tundra said:

This week’s games (week 8):

Columbus East (2-5, 2-2 HHC) at Jeffersonville (0-7, 0-4 HHC)

Jennings County (3-4, 0-4 HHC) at #8/#10 Floyd Central (6-1, 4-0 HHC)

New Albany (2-5, 2-2 HHC) at Seymour (4-3, 3-2 HHC)

Madison (1-6) at BNL (4-3)

Notes:

-Floyd Central moved up to a tie with Decatur Central for #8 in the media poll. They also finally broke into the coaches poll where they are ranked #10.

-With a win, Floyd Central will clinch at least a share of their first HHC championship since 2003.

Columbus East

Floyd Central

Seymour

Bedford North Lawrence

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bobref said:

You certainly implied that in your previous posts. And that’s what triggered me. I know there are crews out there that leave a lot to be desired. But ineptitude and favoritism are two very different things. And it seems like you’re using them interchangeably.

I think the crew just had a bad night. I'm moving on.

Easiest picks ever.

Columbus East

Floyd Central

Seymour

Bedford North Lawrence

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’ll be honest fellas, I took Seymour, but historically NA has been a thorn in Seymour’s side. Seymour has lost some games to them they shouldn’t have.  But this is another year, perhaps I place too much importance on historical data as it relates to today. Hopefully everyone plays their best and stays healthy, let the chips fall where they may.