Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
GoodKn19ht

Artificial turf surfaces?

Recommended Posts

Does anyone know if there is a list of large schools (4A,5A,6A schools) that have turf or are installing it in the next few years? Trying to gather some information for discussion point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plainfield, Avon, Brownsburg, Noblesville, Carmel, Westfield, HSE, Fishers, BD, WC, Col North, Col East, East Central, Eville Reitz, Eville Central, Eville North, Eville Harrison, Eville Bosse, Seymour, Center Grove, Franklin Central, Franklin, Merriville, Penn, Martinvsillve, Bloom North, Bloom South, Jeff, NA, Laf Jeff, FC, Castle, North Central, Lawrence Central, Lawrence North, Pike.

 

Idk I think I did a pretty good job to start things. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, btownqbcoach said:

Plainfield, Avon, Brownsburg, Noblesville, Carmel, Westfield, HSE, Fishers, BD, WC, Col North, Col East, East Central, Eville Reitz, Eville Central, Eville North, Eville Harrison, Eville Bosse, Seymour, Center Grove, Franklin Central, Franklin, Merriville, Penn, Martinvsillve, Bloom North, Bloom South, Jeff, NA, Laf Jeff, FC, Castle, North Central, Lawrence Central, Lawrence North, Pike.

 

Idk I think I did a pretty good job to start things. 

Castle is grass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, btownqbcoach said:

Plainfield, Avon, Brownsburg, Noblesville, Carmel, Westfield, HSE, Fishers, BD, WC, Col North, Col East, East Central, Eville Reitz, Eville Central, Eville North, Eville Harrison, Eville Bosse, Seymour, Center Grove, Franklin Central, Franklin, Merriville, Penn, Martinvsillve, Bloom North, Bloom South, Jeff, NA, Laf Jeff, FC, Castle, North Central, Lawrence Central, Lawrence North, Pike.

 

Idk I think I did a pretty good job to start things. 

Jeffersonville (Jeff) does not.

To add to the list for 4A, 5A, and 6A schools, the following have it: 

Lake Central, Avon, Crown Point, Portage, Perry Meridian, Homestead, Southport, Warsaw, F.W. Northrop (I believe is getting it?), Valpo, Chesterton, LaPorte, Indy Arsenal Tech, Anderson, Zionsville, Goshen, FW Snider (I believe is getting it?), Whiteland, SB Adams, Kokomo, McCutcheon, Decatur Central, Michigan City, Elkhart Central, Greenfield-Central, Munster, Mooresville, Hammond Morton, Jennings County, Richmond, East Central, Hobart, East Noble, SB Riley, East Chicago, Logansport, Mt. Vernon (Fortville), Greenwood, Roncalli, Plymouth, New Pal, Jasper, FW Bishop Dwenger ?, Marion, Northview, New Castle, New Haven, SB Washington

If any of those schools are incorrect, please comment.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Castle is grass.

Thought they installed turf. my bad.

23 minutes ago, Paradise1960 said:

Jeffersonville (Jeff) does not.

To add to the list for 4A, 5A, and 6A schools, the following have it: 

Lake Central, Avon, Crown Point, Portage, Perry Meridian, Homestead, Southport, Warsaw, F.W. Northrop (I believe is getting it?), Valpo, Chesterton, LaPorte, Indy Arsenal Tech, Anderson, Zionsville, Goshen, FW Snider (I believe is getting it?), Whiteland, SB Adams, Kokomo, McCutcheon, Decatur Central, Michigan City, Elkhart Central, Greenfield-Central, Munster, Mooresville, Hammond Morton, Jennings County, Richmond, East Central, Hobart, East Noble, SB Riley, East Chicago, Logansport, Mt. Vernon (Fortville), Greenwood, Roncalli, Plymouth, New Pal, Jasper, FW Bishop Dwenger ?, Marion, Northview, New Castle, New Haven, SB Washington

If any of those schools are incorrect, please comment.

Yeah... put Jeff and Laf Jeff.... lol meant to only write Laf Jeff down and I had East Central and Avon on my list. 

Edited by btownqbcoach
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4A KV just installed a rug and the stadium should be ready for this fall.

MAAAAAAAAAAYBE Highland?  They are getting a new surface, just don't know if it is rug  or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are at about 80 schools with field turf for those classes. There are 64 in 6A and 5A total... and 62 in 4A. 127 total schools. I took Bosse off the list since they dropped to 3A. 

Plus Cathedral and Eville Memoerial don't count because they don't have their own home field... who else shares a field?

Those that have grass: Castle (astonishing), Jeffersonville, Madison, Silver Creek, South Dearborn... who else? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Wawasee (4A), Culver Military Academy (4A) and South Bend St. Joseph (4A) have turf installed.

 

Northridge (4A) will have it installed for the 2020 season.

Edited by NLCTigerFan07

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Wawasee (4A), Culver Military Academy (4A) and South Bend St. Joseph (4A) have turf installed.

 

Northridge (4A) will have it installed for the 2020 season.

Those that do not:

6A = Carroll (F.W.)?

5A = Terre Haute North, Terre Haute South, , Concord, FW North, Elkhart Memorial, Huntington North, Munice Central, Bedford-North Lawrence,

4A = Mishawaka, Pendleton Heights, FW South, FW Wayne, Lowell, DeKalb, Shelbyville ?, SB Clay ?, Highland, Connersville, Kankakee, Jay County, Columbia, Gary West Side, New Prairie, Lebanon, Beech Grove, Hammond Gavit, Boonville, NorthWood, Angola, Frankfort,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, btownqbcoach said:

We are at about 80 schools with field turf for those classes. There are 64 in 6A and 5A total... and 62 in 4A. 127 total schools. I took Bosse off the list since they dropped to 3A. 

Plus Cathedral and Eville Memoerial don't count because they don't have their own home field... who else shares a field?

Those that have grass: Castle (astonishing), Jeffersonville, Madison, Silver Creek, South Dearborn... who else? 

 

Evansville Memorial and Evansville Mater Dei (2A) both have field turf on their practice fields at both schools, but they play their home games at different locations that have field turf as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Paradise1960 said:

Evansville Memorial and Evansville Mater Dei (2A) both have field turf on their practice fields at both schools, but they play their home games at different locations that have field turf as well.

I know. I'm trying to come up with how many 4-6A teams have turf though. Memorial doesn't apply here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Paradise1960 said:

Those that do not:

6A = Carroll (F.W.)?

5A = Terre Haute North, Terre Haute South, , Concord, FW North, Elkhart Memorial, Huntington North, Munice Central, Bedford-North Lawrence,

4A = Mishawaka, Pendleton Heights, FW South, FW Wayne, Lowell, DeKalb, Shelbyville ?, SB Clay ?, Highland, Connersville, Kankakee, Jay County, Columbia, Gary West Side, New Prairie, Lebanon, Beech Grove, Hammond Gavit, Boonville, NorthWood, Angola, Frankfort,

The off season can bring us to do some astonishingly boring things, huh? Lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, CoachDurham said:

Harrison High School in West Lafayette

There is also an Evansville Harrison High School.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Paradise1960 said:

Those that do not:

6A = Carroll (F.W.)?

5A = Terre Haute North, Terre Haute South, , Concord, FW North, Elkhart Memorial, Huntington North, Munice Central, Bedford-North Lawrence,

4A = Mishawaka, Pendleton Heights, FW South, FW Wayne, Lowell, DeKalb, Shelbyville ?, SB Clay ?, Highland, Connersville, Kankakee, Jay County, Columbia, Gary West Side, New Prairie, Lebanon, Beech Grove, Hammond Gavit, Boonville, NorthWood, Angola, Frankfort,

Some of my favorites. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since Lake Central reconstructed their facility 5 years ago all 8 member schools of the Duneland Conference has made the tradition from natural grass to artificial surface.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Knoxcounty83 said:

Jasper and Boonville

Not Boonville

12 hours ago, btownqbcoach said:

I know. I'm trying to come up with how many 4-6A teams have turf though. Memorial doesn't apply here. 

Why would Memorial not apply here?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, sr1 said:

Not Boonville

Why would Memorial not apply here?

 

Because it's not their field? I mean I'm not knocking them for it. I loved the atmosphere at Bosse when we played them last year. 

I would just take them and Cathedral out of the mix all together. So instead 127 teams in those classes there would be 125 teams(assuming those are the only two) when we are talking about teams with fields that have turf. 

Edited by btownqbcoach
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Memorial has their own practice field that is an artificial turf surface.

  • Kill me now 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last fall a Luers fan sounded confident that Luers would get field turf this year.  No other Luers people I've talked to have heard anything about it.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, sr1 said:

Memorial has their own practice field that is an artificial turf surface.

Yeah that's already been mentioned and has nothing to do with what we're talking about. 

42 minutes ago, itiswhatitis said:

So are there any smaller schools (1A - 3A) with turf?

Brownstown, Lawrenceburg, Southridge, Triton Central, Danville, Heritage Christian all have turf. 

Edited by btownqbcoach
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...