Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

MIC Week #3

Sorry a little late.  Struggling getting a read on some teams through the first couple of weeks, lol.  Third time is a charm?  (Still including Carmel/CG.)

Lawrence North @ Lawrence Central:  Two teams obviously better than their record indicates and the case could be made that LC (along with Carmel) is the best 0-2 team in the state.  Is this a changing of the guard on the northeast side?  LN is not "rebuilding" per se but is definitely feeling the losses of a couple of blue chippers over the last couple of falls.  LC, on the other hand, might have the talent advantage here and will undoubtedly have the best player on the field in Mickens.  Both teams very well coached, but I am going with the Bears, 28-24.

Warren Central @ North Central:  The Warriors proved they are among the state's (and possibly midwest's) elite last week with a thumping of a talented King squad.  The Panthers, on the other hand, laid an egg for the second consecutive week.  These are programs heading in opposite directions at the current moment.  It gets worse for NC this week.  Mercy rule could come into play.  Warren wins 41-6.

Ben Davis @ Pike:  BD woke up in the second half and throttled west side rival Avon, while Pike had its second near miss against an HCC foe in as many weeks.  This one is for west side Marion County bragging rights and there are usually a lot of points in this one.  I say the Giants pull it out on the road, leaving Pike 0-3, all in fairly close affairs.  41-34 BD.

Center Grove @ Trinity (KY):  Can't really get a feel for this one.  Both teams own wins over Carmel and are very well coached on both sides of the ball.  The transitive property does not always work but Trinity's double digit road win at Carmel looks slightly better than CG's home win over Carmel.  Now that I have said that, I am going to throw it out the window, lol.  I just can't predict CG to lose until I see it.  31 in a row for the Trojans in another nailbiter.  CG wins 27-24.

Cass Tech (MI) @ Carmel:  Could a central Indiana squad make it 2/2 over Michigan powerhouses?  Both teams have some elite, power 5 next level talent.  Looking on the surface, that may be a push.  Cass Tech lost an in-state shoot out last week while Carmel suffered a narrow rivalry defeat in a hostile environment.  I say the Hounds get back on track this week.  34-28.

What say you?

16 minutes ago, temptation said:

Lawrence North @ Lawrence Central:  Two teams obviously better than their record indicates and the case could be made that LC (along with Carmel) is the best 0-2 team in the state.  Is this a changing of the guard on the northeast side?  LN is not "rebuilding" per se but is definitely feeling the losses of a couple of blue chippers over the last couple of falls.  LC, on the other hand, might have the talent advantage here and will undoubtedly have the best player on the field in Mickens.  Both teams very well coached, but I am going with the Bears, 28-24.

Can't get a read on either of these teams but will know more after this one. Thought LN would have competed a little better with Whiteland and put up more points in the scoring column given the heavy edge in the athletic department. Most would have guessed LC would be 0-2 heading into this game, but they've played two good teams extremely tough. LC wins this one 31-21 and proves they are heading in the right direction. 

19 minutes ago, temptation said:

Warren Central @ North Central:  The Warriors proved they are among the state's (and possibly midwest's) elite last week with a thumping of a talented King squad.  The Panthers, on the other hand, laid an egg for the second consecutive week.  These are programs heading in opposite directions at the current moment.  It gets worse for NC this week.  Mercy rule could come into play.  Warren wins 41-6.

Warren rolls 49-0 and O'Shea is starting to wonder why he took this job.

20 minutes ago, temptation said:

Ben Davis @ Pike:  BD woke up in the second half and throttled west side rival Avon, while Pike had its second near miss against an HCC foe in as many weeks.  This one is for west side Marion County bragging rights and there are usually a lot of points in this one.  I say the Giants pull it out on the road, leaving Pike 0-3, all in fairly close affairs.  41-34 BD

BD big in a statement game, 35-14. Feel like giving up 34 points even in a win would feel like a disappointment.

21 minutes ago, temptation said:

Center Grove @ Trinity (KY):  Can't really get a feel for this one.  Both teams own wins over Carmel and are very well coached on both sides of the ball.  The transitive property does not always work but Trinity's double digit road win at Carmel looks slightly better than CG's home win over Carmel.  Now that I have said that, I am going to throw it out the window, lol.  I just can't predict CG to lose until I see it.  31 in a row for the Trojans in another nailbiter.  CG wins 27-24.

I hear you on predicting CG to lose, but unfortunately I have to do it this week. Big home field advantage to the Rocks and I think CG will really miss Wheat in this one. Low scoring game, Trinity 17-13

23 minutes ago, temptation said:

Cass Tech (MI) @ Carmel:  Could a central Indiana squad make it 2/2 over Michigan powerhouses?  Both teams have some elite, power 5 next level talent.  Looking on the surface, that may be a push.  Cass Tech lost an in-state shoot out last week while Carmel suffered a narrow rivalry defeat in a hostile environment.  I say the Hounds get back on track this week.  34-28.

Feel like this a must win game for Carmel (even though it isn't in the grand scheme of things). Don't know much about Cass Tech other than they pump out regular D1 talent year after year, but so does King and they were throttled by Warren. King can't overcome the long bus ride down and Carmel gets their first win of the year 28-22

• Like 1

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Sorry a little late.  Struggling getting a read on some teams through the first couple of weeks, lol.  Third time is a charm?  (Still including Carmel/CG.)

Ben Davis @ Pike:  BD woke up in the second half and throttled west side rival Avon, while Pike had its second near miss against an HCC foe in as many weeks.  This one is for west side Marion County bragging rights and there are usually a lot of points in this one.  I say the Giants pull it out on the road, leaving Pike 0-3, all in fairly close affairs.  41-34 BD.

What say you?

LC 28-14

Warren 45-7

BD 38-28

Trinity 33-24

Carmel 28-26

3 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Can't get a read on either of these teams but will know more after this one. Thought LN would have competed a little better with Whiteland and put up more points in the scoring column given the heavy edge in the athletic department. Most would have guessed LC would be 0-2 heading into this game, but they've played two good teams extremely tough. LC wins this one 31-21 and proves they are heading in the right direction. 

Warren rolls 49-0 and O'Shea is starting to wonder why he took this job.

BD big in a statement game, 35-14. Feel like giving up 34 points even in a win would feel like a disappointment.

I hear you on predicting CG to lose, but unfortunately I have to do it this week. Big home field advantage to the Rocks and I think CG will really miss Wheat in this one. Low scoring game, Trinity 17-13

Feel like this a must win game for Carmel (even though it isn't in the grand scheme of things). Don't know much about Cass Tech other than they pump out regular D1 talent year after year, but so does King and they were throttled by Warren. King can't overcome the long bus ride down and Carmel gets their first win of the year 28-22

Yeah, I sort of feel like I am picking CG with my heart when my head says Trinity.  I am just not sure that Trinity has enough offensive firepower.  They only got a FG last week against Moeller.  20 points in two games, albeit against top notch competition.  

23 hours ago, temptation said:

What say you?

I think you're pretty spot on with the calls, but I don't think there's any way that Pike drops 34 on Ben Davis. If anything, I think it will be a lower scoring affair. Ben Davis and Pike both have really talented defenses. I think this tracks a lot like the Avon game. Extra motivation for Coach Brevard in his first game against his alma mater. Kyle Neddenriep had a sensational article about Mike and my colleague at Ben Davis, Dennis Goins. 

https://news.yahoo.com/pike-coach-mike-brevard-homeless-093633960.html

On 8/31/2022 at 11:52 AM, temptation said:

Yeah, I sort of feel like I am picking CG with my heart when my head says Trinity.  I am just not sure that Trinity has enough offensive firepower.  They only got a FG last week against Moeller.  20 points in two games, albeit against top notch competition.  

One's thing for sure...Trinity is being forced to spend time on the Wing T this week in practice.  Guessing they don't see it a ton.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

One's thing for sure...Trinity is being forced to spend time on the Wing T this week in practice.  Guessing they don't see it a ton.

Here is a question to go along with that statement is CG offensive one of the hardest to prep for?

Edited by Trojanmp52

49 minutes ago, Grover said:

Yes, because it's usually the only game a team sees it all season.

It's interesting because, about 20ish years ago, you'd see multiple teams running a version of the Wing-T. In Central Indiana, Center Grove, Eastern Hancock, Mt. Vernon, Warren Central and a few others (Lawrence Central, maybe) were running it as their base offense. CG is about the only one left who still runs it. It's rare anymore to see a QB line up under center. 

On 8/31/2022 at 8:04 AM, temptation said:

What say you?

LC by 7

Warren Central by 35

Ben Davis by 21

Louisville Trinity by 3

Carmel by 14

9 hours ago, crimsonace1 said:

It's interesting because, about 20ish years ago, you'd see multiple teams running a version of the Wing-T. In Central Indiana, Center Grove, Eastern Hancock, Mt. Vernon, Warren Central and a few others (Lawrence Central, maybe) were running it as their base offense. CG is about the only one left who still runs it. It's rare anymore to see a QB line up under center. 

CG will do both with the QB in the WingT....under center and shotgun.

16 hours ago, Trojanmp52 said:

Here is a question to go along with that statement is CG offensive one of the hardest to prep for?

I kind of think of it as when a college team has to prep for the week to play a service academy.  (triple option or the flexbone triple option)  They will only see that offense once per year, so its a week of instructions and new assignments.  

The service academies are typically smaller, so that advantage can be quickly overcome.  CG will balance up in overall size with Trinity.

11 hours ago, crimsonace1 said:

Take a trip up north and you will see it a lot more.