Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

*** WEEK # 4 in the N.I.C.

How good is Elkhart really? On the surface they played 2 qbs against Concord and Northridge. I am assuming that trend continued against Hammond Morton. Is that sustainable or is that what is best...? Hanover Central a 3A school beat Morton worse than Elkhart. Certainly they have enough athletes after combining schools. Are the kids not coachable? Do they even have a chance against Penn? 

21 hours ago, ASJCPUMA said:

Elkhart at Washington - Elkhart - Pretty much a waste of time. 
Jimtown at Glenn - Glenn - Going to go with the hot hand here. Will probably be a close game regardless of who comes out on top. I'll be real interested to see the final score of this one. 
New Prairie at Marian - NP - should be a 3+ score victory for the cougars as they end their 3 games away from Amzie Miller Field. 
Penn at Cincinnati St. Xavier - St. Xavier - Don't know anything about X, but while Penn is improved they still showed they are a tier down from "elite". 
Adams at St. Joseph  - no idea - evidence points to a low scoring affair regardless of who wins this one. A loss here would really take the sails out of any St. Joe "hype"
Clay at Riley  - Riley - Will clay show any signs of life against a SB brethren?  
Triton at Bremen - Bremen - One of the more intriguing games this week. Does Bremen handle their formal conference foe? Or does Triton have what it takes and flexes it's HNAC muscles at the streaky Lions? 

On 9/5/2022 at 7:23 PM, ASJCPUMA said:
Friday, Sep. 9
Elkhart at Washington, 7 pm
Jimtown at Glenn ©, 7 pm
New Prairie at Marian ©, 7:30 pm
Penn at Cincinnati St. Xavier (Ohio), 7 pm
Adams at St. Joseph ©, 7 pm   Finally a SJ Home game
Clay at Riley ©, 7 pm
Triton at Bremen, 7 pm

Elkhart roars past Washington 35+

Jimmies get by the falcons by 7

Cougars claw past the Knights 21+

St X over the Kingsmen 

Indians fight for the win over Adams 14

Wildcats pounce all over clay 35+

Lions can’t be tamed by the Trojans 8

Friday, Sep. 9
Elkhart at Washington, 7 pm
Jimtown at Glenn ©, 7 pm
New Prairie at Marian ©, 7:30 pm
Penn at Cincinnati St. Xavier (Ohio), 7 pm
Adams at St. Joseph ©, 7 pm   Finally a SJ Home game
Clay at Riley ©, 7 pm
Triton at Bremen, 7 pm

Elkhart BIG

Jimtown by 28+

New Prairie BIG

St.X

Adams

Riley

Triton  BIG

34 minutes ago, Say it aint so said:

This is the best team Triton has put on the field in a long time ! The running back is a stud without question ! What I have seen he is the only major weapon… If Bremen can contain him they have a chance if not could be a long game ! 

I would say the QB for Triton is a pretty good weapon as well.  He’s scored 49 points in 3 games!

On 9/6/2022 at 10:07 AM, SportsParentalFigure said:

How good is Elkhart really? On the surface they played 2 qbs against Concord and Northridge. I am assuming that trend continued against Hammond Morton. Is that sustainable or is that what is best...? Hanover Central a 3A school beat Morton worse than Elkhart. Certainly they have enough athletes after combining schools. Are the kids not coachable? Do they even have a chance against Penn? 

Yes they can compete with Penn.  Elkharts QB had a fairly significant injury in late July and is just now back to 100%.  The backup is a soph whom they need to prepare in case the starter cant go, he's also really good and brings a different element (runner).  They have been very very vanilla on offense but have still put up 32PPG.  Concord and Northridge are both very good on defense so that should tell something.  Elkhart will need to be balanced and execute better on offense against Penn, if they do they win if not, they wont.

Elkhart at Washington - Well not much to talk about as suspected
Jimtown at Glenn  - Jimtown still showing they are kings over their old NSC foes. Anyone have any details on this one?  
New Prairie at Marian  - NP continues it's pattern of playing uninspired for 50% of a game then the other 50% they look like they will be playing in Indy. NPs biggest playmaker/game changer is on the defensive side of the ball which I don't think at ever happened in New Carlisle. 
Penn at Cincinnati St. Xavier - haven't hear anything about this one. someone please give us something
Adams at St. Joseph - Adams 1 yard and 1 second away from tying it or winning this one; crazy finish. Any news on the St Joe DB that went down late? I noticed Adams picked the Indians apart down the middle with him out the last drive. 
Clay at Riley - come on clay
Triton at Bremen - Didn't see this one coming. Still don't know what to make of Bremen. How in the world did they beat Marian?

8 hours ago, npcougar15 said:
Elkhart at Washington - Well not much to talk about as suspected
Jimtown at Glenn  - Jimtown still showing they are kings over their old NSC foes. Anyone have any details on this one?  
New Prairie at Marian  - NP continues it's pattern of playing uninspired for 50% of a game then the other 50% they look like they will be playing in Indy. NPs biggest playmaker/game changer is on the defensive side of the ball which I don't think at ever happened in New Carlisle. 
Penn at Cincinnati St. Xavier - haven't hear anything about this one. someone please give us something
Adams at St. Joseph - Adams 1 yard and 1 second away from tying it or winning this one; crazy finish. Any news on the St Joe DB that went down late? I noticed Adams picked the Indians apart down the middle with him out the last drive. 
Clay at Riley - come on clay
Triton at Bremen - Didn't see this one coming. Still don't know what to make of Bremen. How in the world did they beat Marian?

Penn at St. Xavier - short spurts of good play by Penn on both sides of the ball, but they are still not nearly where they need to be to compete at the highest level.  Let's dampen the schedule a little.  I think the series with St. X has ended.  Don't know about Indy Washington. 

8 hours ago, gindie said:

Penn at St. Xavier - short spurts of good play by Penn on both sides of the ball, but they are still not nearly where they need to be to compete at the highest level.  Let's dampen the schedule a little.  I think the series with St. X has ended.  Don't know about Indy Washington. 

DO they not pick up Mishawaka week 2 next year?  Also when the Cathedral series is over did they not sign for 4 years with Carmel?

Their issue may come down to who is available and wants to play them the week Penn has an opening.

6 hours ago, ASJCPUMA said:

DO they not pick up Mishawaka week 2 next year?  Also when the Cathedral series is over did they not sign for 4 years with Carmel?

Their issue may come down to who is available and wants to play them the week Penn has an opening.

I knew about Mishawaka.  Had not heard about Carmel.  Of all the Indy area schools, they've had the most success against Carmel, but are still under .500 against them, I suspect.

Just now, gindie said:

I knew about Mishawaka.  Had not heard about Carmel.  Of all the Indy area schools, they've had the most success against Carmel, but are still under .500 against them, I suspect.

Does anybody know who replaces St. X?

1 hour ago, gindie said:

Does anybody know who replaces St. X?

this was posted when announced on here some time ago