Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Section 24 Thread

20 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Honestly….these Boonville lines are fair. 

I obviously am going to be rooting for Boonville…but from what has been shown this year and how they have performed against their schedules…I feel like Reitz by 2 scores is a fair line.

brain says 35-24 Reitz

heart  says 35-31 Boonville 

Chris J. likes Reitz -10.5 on his predictor. Boonville’s Conner is one elusive player on both sides of the ball. But I do like Reitz in this one

42 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Chris J. likes Reitz -10.5 on his predictor. Boonville’s Conner is one elusive player on both sides of the ball. But I do like Reitz in this one

The thing with Conner though….it’s almost like they put too much on him.  He’s like 6’5 and an absolute stud…but he plays both ways.  He is their QB and he has almost as many rush attempts as Wilder their RB.  On defense he is their SS/Hybrid LB.  I think he also does a little bit of returning. He leads the team in INTs with 5 this year (unless he got more against Harrison) 

point is…he pretty much doesn’t come off the field and he plays in 2 roles that require a lot of sprinting

kid is a stud….but imo he is forced to do too much for the team and can become tired in the 2nd half.  To beat Reitz they need their depth at like WRs 3-6 and the backup RBs to make plays.  Defense needs to be able to get off the field….at least in the 1st half of the game.  Save a bit of Conner so that he has more energy to close out the game….because Boonville isn’t going to win without him 

17 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

The thing with Conner though….it’s almost like they put too much on him.  He’s like 6’5 and an absolute stud…but he plays both ways.  He is their QB and he has almost as many rush attempts as Wilder their RB.  On defense he is their SS/Hybrid LB.  I think he also does a little bit of returning. He leads the team in INTs with 5 this year (unless he got more against Harrison) 

point is…he pretty much doesn’t come off the field and he plays in 2 roles that require a lot of sprinting

kid is a stud….but imo he is forced to do too much for the team and can become tired in the 2nd half.  To beat Reitz they need their depth at like WRs 3-6 and the backup RBs to make plays.  Defense needs to be able to get off the field….at least in the 1st half of the game.  Save a bit of Conner so that he has more energy to close out the game….because Boonville isn’t going to win without him 

Coach Ward is definitely going to make adjustments before the game, having a gassed out Connor against a very good Reitz Offense/Defense does  not set up any success. They will likely limit him on the defensive side

16 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Yikes, Memorial Girl’s Soccer plays Friday night for their State Championship, looks I will be looking and up at the State Game livestream in the 2H, multi-tasking at its finest 

You think that's a coincidence? It seems like an organization that professes to put the "student" before "athlete" might have scheduled the 3A girls game involving 2 Indy area schools on Friday night so the 2A girls game (with two teams from the furthest away) wouldn't have to leave school early and could play on Saturday, but that would obviously require common sense and at least a third grade intelligence level, which no one at the HQ on North Meridian seems to have. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, tango said:

You think that's a coincidence? It seems like an organization that professes to put the "student" before "athlete" might have scheduled the 3A girls game involving 2 Indy area schools on Friday night so the 2A girls game (with two teams from the furthest away) wouldn't have to leave school early and could play on Saturday, but that would obviously require common sense and at least a third grade intelligence level, which no one at the HQ on North Meridian seems to have. 

Saturday would be so much better as now Memorial fans have to choose between a State Title game or a very good Sectional matchup. The Leo side isn’t too happy either on Twitter too, since they are in same problem

Semi-Final lines (Massey)

Jasper at Memorial (-6), 59% chance of victory for the Tigers

Reitz (-20) at Boonville, 78% chance of victory for the Panthers

Semi-Final Lines (CJ Predictor)

Jasper at Memorial (-4.5), 58.10% chance of victory for the Tigers

Reitz (-10.5) at Boonville, 69.07% chance of victory for the Panthers 

4 hours ago, tango said:

This is the smartest post ever on this website. 

2 hours ago, jets said:

Have not seen a bit of film on the Panthers this season, so I may totally eat my words - but if Boonville has their heads on straight, I wouldn't be shocked to see the Panthers heading home Friday. Just saying...

Short answer, very good when healthy, lots of athleticism on that team

2 hours ago, jets said:

Have not seen a bit of film on the Panthers this season, so I may totally eat my words - but if Boonville has their heads on straight, I wouldn't be shocked to see the Panthers heading home Friday. Just saying...

Reitz is a very good team on both sides of the ball. Great mix of size, speed, and talent. I think a lot of things will have to go the Pioneers way for them to win.

38 minutes ago, Football Fanatic said:

Reitz is a very good team on both sides of the ball. Great mix of size, speed, and talent. I think a lot of things will have to go the Pioneers way for them to win.

I agree.  A soft field might help BV. Those darn sprinkler heads are prone to pop occasionally this time of year. 

8 hours ago, tango said:

I agree.  A soft field might help BV. Those darn sprinkler heads are prone to pop occasionally this time of year. 

Heard there might be a little rain shower over Boonville’s field Friday morning. But, Boonvegas always provides an exciting game when they play (Linton and GS)

Boonville 

Offense YPG:

Passing YPG: 96.3 YPG/ 15.5 YPC

Rushing YPG: 239.8 YPG/ 7.2 YPC 

Total YPG: 336.1 YPG 

Defense YPG:

Passing YPG(Allowed): 102.3 YPG (Harrison and Paoli games not included, no stats)

Rushing YPG(Allowed): 231.4 YPG (Harrison and Paoli games not included, no stats)

Total YPG(Allowed): 304.8 YPG (On recorded 8 games with stats)

Short Preview: 

Boonville has been a pretty fun team to watch with a fun duo in QB Conner and RB Wilder totaling nearly 1850 rushing yards and 25 TDs on the season. As Boonville mainly runs the ball and passes when it needs to (Conner 950 yards 12 TD/2 INT). WR Ballard leads the team in receiving yards (340 yards) and averaging around 18.9 YPC, with WR Aigner right behind him at 338 yards. While defending the run game might be a struggle, the Pioneers make it up with an exceptional passing defense averaging 102.3 YPG. LB Wolfe and Wilder lead the Pioneers in total tackles, with Wolfe amassing 111 tackles on the season. On the other side, Conner also lives in the Defensive Backfield grabbing 5 picks on the season. This Boonville team has definitely improved after going 3-7 last year. And has played good teams pretty closely for the part (Down 3 against GS in the early 4th Q, tough loss to 2A Linton earlier this season). Pioneers face a large task this coming Friday against a very good and motivated Reitz team wanting more than a SIAC title. Luckily for the Pioneers, they will face Reitz at home and try to avenge their loss from last season.

Reitz 

Offense YPG: 

Passing YPG: 193.1 YPG/ 15.6 YPC

Rushing YPG: 186.5 YPG/ 6.3 YPC

Total YPG: 379.6 YPG

Defensive YPG:

Passing (Allowed): 64.1 YPG

Rushing (Allowed): 115.2 YPG

Total YPG (Allowed): 179.3 YPG 

Short Preview: 

Just like Boonville, Reitz is arguably one of the fun teams to watch in Southern Indiana on all sides of the ball. The Panthers have a very dynamic offense under QB Davies (166.0 YPG) or WR/QB Vera (thrown for 8 TDs). Not to mention the plentiful of weapons Reitz can choose from, like SIAC rushing leader TB Burnett (1268 yards) and a duo of 2 of the best receivers in the SIAC with WR Summers (825 yards) and WR Thomas (525 yards). With much thanks to a massive OL averaging around 6’3 250 paving the way for passing protection and creating holes for Vera/Burnett. Defensively, Reitz is a beast in the trenches with Oxley, Brantley, and Utley collecting 34 sacks and living in a QB’s backfield. And with a great Defensive Backfield led by DBs Ringo and Summers totaling 10 picks together (team total is 19 picks). LB Wells has proved pivotal on the team leading 81 tackles on the season. These Panthers are legit, while they have had close games this season, there is one key to them from it. Reitz always finds a way to win, whether with a late score or a last-minute stand. While the Panthers want more than a SIAC title, there are many teams wanting to spoil their perfect season. But these Panthers are roaring each week, will the Pioneers be their next victim?