Jump to content

6A: Carroll vs Center Grove


Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, temptation said:

Take a victory lap, you deserve it.

I had HSE by 11. The only thing I was right about was that I didn't think Carroll would get wasted by 3+ touchdowns like MANY were predicting. 

Signature win for Fort Wayne.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Rodney said:

I want to go for Carrol again, but CG looked unstoppable

 

but I'm a believer so were going with Carrol

Carroll is on a mission. Center Grove is a beast. I wanna say Center Grove, but Carroll keeps proving itself time and time again. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just 3 weeks ago in the Sectional opener, Franklin Central scored early 4th to take a 10-7 lead on Center Grove. The 2-time champs had to dig deep to win 14-10. Since then, CG has put up 49, 42, 33. 

FC finished just 3-7 but they had an excellent top 10 defense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, slice60 said:

Just 3 weeks ago in the Sectional opener, Franklin Central scored early 4th to take a 10-7 lead on Center Grove. The 2-time champs had to dig deep to win 14-10. Since then, CG has put up 49, 42, 33. 

FC finished just 3-7 but they had an excellent top 10 defense.

Strange timing on this one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, BTF said:

I had HSE by 11. The only thing I was right about was that I didn't think Carroll would get wasted by 3+ touchdowns like MANY were predicting. 

Signature win for Fort Wayne.

Huge Congrats to FW Carroll. I knew they were special when I seen them in person. They are solid on both sides of the ball. If they can play mistake free at LOS, they have a punchers chance at beating CG. Also think Carroll is just starting to be a major player in 6A. Their facilities alone might be enough to draw in talent from surrounding districts. Build it and they will come. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

Huge Congrats to FW Carroll. I knew they were special when I seen them in person. They are solid on both sides of the ball. If they can play mistake free at LOS, they have a punchers chance at beating CG. Also think Carroll is just starting to be a major player in 6A. Their facilities alone might be enough to draw in talent from surrounding districts. Build it and they will come. 

That's already happening. Dinan has had some up and down years during his first 8 seasons, but his teams have been pretty solid the last four. You get the feel though, that Carroll is up here for good now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BTF said:

Lol, didn't learn anything last night?

You better hope Carroll wins next week because they might be the only team north of Indy that does win.  The game last night reminds me of 2015 when Penn beat Carmel 16-10 and then lost to Center Grove 28-16.  Carroll has never been to state and Center Grove is there every year, that might make a difference.  Carroll could be like a deer in the headlights.  It's hard to beat Center Grove because of the way they play.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Tippy said:

You better hope Carroll wins next week because they might be the only team north of Indy that does win.  The game last night reminds me of 2015 when Penn beat Carmel 16-10 and then lost to Center Grove 28-16.  Carroll has never been to state and Center Grove is there every year, that might make a difference.  Carroll could be like a deer in the headlights.  It's hard to beat Center Grove because of the way they play.

Just stop.  No moral victories at this stage but Carroll has noting to lose or prove to anyone at this point.

They beat the undefeated HCC (best conference in the state) champions last night and have done something no other Fort Wayne area school has done in the 6A era.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Tippy said:

You better hope Carroll wins next week because they might be the only team north of Indy that does win. 

Is Andrean not the favorite?

What about the most Northern team in the state, Chatard

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Is Andrean not the favorite?

What about the most Northern team in the state, Chatard

 

Andrean is the favorite, but its hard to beat the same team 2 years in a row at state.  Chatard is in the north, but they are in Indy.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, temptation said:

Just stop.  No moral victories at this stage but Carroll has noting to lose or prove to anyone at this point.

They beat the undefeated HCC (best conference in the state) champions last night and have done something no other Fort Wayne area school has done in the 6A era.

BTF knows I don't mean anything by that.  I think I gave him a hard time about this before.  I know he wants someone from Fort Wayne to win really bad, and there is nothing wrong with that. 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some doubt for Center Grove in this one? I don't think there is any doubt. FW Carroll has had a great season and should garner respect. Even with their win against HSE, it won't be as good of a game as many would hope. I say that because I look at their 21-20 win over Lafayette Jefferson. That really to me garners attention. The same Lafayette Jefferson team that lost to Cathedral 43-12. Center Grove will not be Lafayette Jefferson or HSE. They will present some problems for Carroll no matter how good many feel their defense is. I think CG has seen plenty of good defense's and offense's and won't be in awe with being at Lucas Oil Stadium. Center Grove is very disciplined in what they do. I will take CG 35-10 or 35-17.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

Some doubt for Center Grove in this one? I don't think there is any doubt. FW Carroll has had a great season and should garner respect. Even with their win against HSE, it won't be as good of a game as many would hope. I say that because I look at their 21-20 win over Lafayette Jefferson. That really to me garners attention. The same Lafayette Jefferson team that lost to Cathedral 43-12. Center Grove will not be Lafayette Jefferson or HSE. They will present some problems for Carroll no matter how good many feel their defense is. I think CG has seen plenty of good defense's and offense's and won't be in awe with being at Lucas Oil Stadium. Center Grove is very disciplined in what they do. I will take CG 35-10 or 35-17.

Like I continued to fall for Monrovia in not picking them and Valpo last week, I am a bit afraid to doubt an undefeated Carroll team.

That being said, I do expect the "been there done that" expectation that has now been established at CG gives them a decisive advantage here.  The expectation at CG is for the position, not the player.  In other words, they do not drop off or "rebuild" after graduation losses.  Very few, if any current Indiana high school programs can say that.

Taking nothing away from Carroll, but HSE was also in unchartered waters last week but CG will not be.

I am hoping for a good game despite what some on here think of my "central Indiana" bias but I think CG rolls here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, temptation said:

Like I continued to fall for Monrovia in not picking them and Valpo last week, I am a bit afraid to doubt an undefeated Carroll team.

That being said, I do expect the "been there done that" expectation that has now been established at CG gives them a decisive advantage here.  The expectation at CG is for the position, not the player.  In other words, they do not drop off or "rebuild" after graduation losses.  Very few, if any current Indiana high school programs can say that.

Taking nothing away from Carroll, but HSE was also in unchartered waters last week but CG will not be.

I am hoping for a good game despite what some on here think of my "central Indiana" bias but I think CG rolls here.

I like the FW Carroll team and how hard they play. I personally think HSE is not undefeated if Brownsburg's QB is healthy and plays the second half as I feel Brownsburg would have beat them by at least 2 TD's (that is just a personal opinion). The one glaring thing that makes it tough for me to not say CG dominates this game is Lafayette Jefferson. Carroll won 21-20 (were on the brink of losing that). Lafayette Jefferson was pretty much dismantled and blown out by Cathedral. With a terrific Cathedral offense and at the time (week 1) a weak but learning Cathedral defense (they were 100% better by the time they played Semi-State, but were shaky in the first 3 weeks with 9 new starters).

If Carroll only threw up 21 points against Lafayette Jeff (understanding teams improve so did CG) and allowed 20 points against Lafayette Jeff. It doesn't look good when you have to play a team like Center Grove who will be solid Offensively and defensively. I could be totally wrong and Carroll could come out and lay the smack down, if that happens I will eat every bit of that crow. I thing CG wins very easily, if any team was going to knock CG off it was going to be Cathedral.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...