Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC 2023

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

Just throwing this out there for any family of this young man who might be reading here.  There is a very nice three bedroom ranch waiting for you in Fort Branch. 

Poseyville might be closer to home... 😃

1 minute ago, Sidelined56 said:

Rumor out of the south is that this said player will not be able to be around any team activities until week 3! ... Once again rumors are always false until proven true!

Yes, also heard he won't be around or able to play until week 3 and that's if he honors certain requirements which are unknown but probably easily guessed. Sounds like not a guarantee.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Football Fanatic said:

Yes, also heard he won't be around or able to play until week 3 and that's if he honors certain requirements which are unknown but probably easily guessed. Sounds like not a guarantee.

(vacuuming 3 bedroom ranch now)

• Haha 5

24 minutes ago, tango said:

Pleasantly surprised with the Tigers tonight. Looking forward to being in the friendly confines of Enlow Field next Friday.

I agree, OL/DL is pretty fresh, but I’m ready for some Enlow Magic, if I am correct, 6 games in the regular season.

Lincoln did not blow me away this evening...for what its worth in a scrimmage.

Hunt looked incredible but the offense as a whole was a little underwhelming in the early going. The defense, however, was solid all the way through. Not much else to take away with so many basic plays and schemes. 

10 hours ago, SEAL_63 said:

Lincoln did not blow me away this evening...for what its worth in a scrimmage.

Hunt looked incredible but the offense as a whole was a little underwhelming in the early going. The defense, however, was solid all the way through. Not much else to take away with so many basic plays and schemes. 

Key is to stay healthy and get a few reps. Castle and Memorials1st units had good moments and not so good moments.  Looking forward to seeing if VL can carry some momentum from last year and take it to even another level. 
They have a good core to build around. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

Central looked very organized last night.  Kid's hustling on and off the field, helping our kids off the ground etc.  It looked WAY different from that perspective compared to years past.

Hope they give this young HC time. It starts with organization and effort.  

21 hours ago, TransplantedPanther said:

Boeke commits to SIU. That is two from Reitz in the MVFC. Not sure how many in the conference. 

Awesome! I think that's a big time pick up for SIU. It seems like Boeke keeps getting bigger and with his grades he probably could of went to a lot of really good D1s.

Edited by Football Fanatic

48 minutes ago, Football Fanatic said:

Awesome! I think that's a big time pick up for SIU. It seems like Boeke keeps getting bigger and with his grades he probably could have went to a lot of really good D1s.

Good get for SIU. I think it’s a good fit for Boeke. High level FCS D1 football played in the Missouri Valley.  

I will continue my weekly team stats this season, since MaxPreps removed the overall conference team statistics last year. Expect (Offense and Defense):

Passing yards

Rushing yards

Total yards 

Team PPG

New:

Yards per play (Offense only, probably will add on Defense too)

Edited by TigerFan20

What we learned from Week 1:

Not surprised by many, but the Panthers had an offensive showing all in the first half scoring 45 points. While the defense was stout again allowing no points in the game and holding Harrison to only 20 total yards on offense. Hearing Harrison is pretty low on numbers and very young. Huge matchup in Week 2 as an intriguing VL team travels down to the Reitz Bowl in a heavyweight matchup. Harrison will try and bounce back against Jasper at home, who they beat last year. 

All the way up in Inman Field, the Alices put up 42 points against Bosse. With QB Hunt having himself at night in the passing game throwing for 3 TDs. And the defense only allowing 8 points in the 1H. Although the game was in running clock, Bosse did break the 30 point threshold in the 2H, scoring 22 points. But the Alices sounded like they controlled this one from start to finish. Going to be a fun matchup in the Reitz Bowl next week! Bosse will travel to Central in hopes to bounce back and get their first win of the season. 

New look, new names, same Mater Dei, as they beat Central 35-12 in their season opener as the defending 2A State Champions. I did not follow this game too closely, but it did look Central made it look interesting in the 2H. I hope the Central player that got injured is doing ok, since they apparently delayed the game after it. Mater Dei will head to a huge matchup against Castle in Paradise. The Bears will stay at home and try to get a win over Bosse.

Memorial finally gets its first one over Jasper in the regular season since 2019. As the Tigers beat the Cats, 30-13 in a very interesting game. Tigers played well enough to keep on their double digit lead and did a lot better than expected due to some concerns. Jasper also played good enough to try and keep it close, but 10 false start penalties and costly errors do not help. We all know these 2 teams will be different in Week 9. Memorial will stay in Enlow Field (5 out of 6 weeks), in a massive showdown against North. While Jasper aims for a bounce back against Harrison.

Heard this one was a very electric game as North went to a 13-0 lead in the 1H. However, Castle scored late in the 2Q to make it 13-7 at half. Then took the lead sometime in the 3rd quarter by 1 point. But a 7 minute drive in the 4th Quarter sealed the deal for the Huskies as they marched down the field on a 80 yard drive to win it 21-14. Hopefully one of the local channels was streaming this games, since it was back and forth. While North had a statistical advantage over Castle, the Knights were never out of it. North will travel to Memorial in hopes to make it 2nd straight against the Tigers. Castle stays at home against Mater Dei in a classic.

2 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

What we learned from Week 1:

Not surprised by many, but the Panthers had an offensive showing all in the first half scoring 45 points. While the defense was stout again allowing no points in the game and holding Harrison to only 20 total yards on offense. Hearing Harrison is pretty low on numbers and very young. Huge matchup in Week 2 as an intriguing VL team travels down to the Reitz Bowl in a heavyweight matchup. Harrison will try and bounce back against Jasper at home, who they beat last year. 

All the way up in Inman Field, the Alices put up 42 points against Bosse. With QB Hunt having himself at night in the passing game throwing for 3 TDs. And the defense only allowing 8 points in the 1H. Although the game was in running clock, Bosse did break the 30 point threshold in the 2H, scoring 22 points. But the Alices sounded like they controlled this one from start to finish. Going to be a fun matchup in the Reitz Bowl next week! Bosse will travel to Central in hopes to bounce back and get their first win of the season. 

New look, new names, same Mater Dei, as they beat Central 35-12 in their season opener as the defending 2A State Champions. I did not follow this game too closely, but it did look Central made it look interesting in the 2H. I hope the Central player that got injured is doing ok, since they apparently delayed the game after it. Mater Dei will head to a huge matchup against Castle in Paradise. The Bears will stay at home and try to get a win over Bosse.

Memorial finally gets its first one over Jasper in the regular season since 2019. As the Tigers beat the Cats, 30-13 in a very interesting game. Tigers played well enough to keep on their double digit lead and did a lot better than expected due to some concerns. Jasper also played good enough to try and keep it close, but 10 false start penalties and costly errors do not help. We all know these 2 teams will be different in Week 9. Memorial will stay in Enlow Field (5 out of 6 weeks), in a massive showdown against North. While Jasper aims for a bounce back against Harrison.

Heard this one was a very electric game as North went to a 13-0 lead in the 1H. However, Castle scored late in the 2Q to make it 13-7 at half. Then took the lead sometime in the 3rd quarter by 1 point. But a 7 minute drive in the 4th Quarter sealed the deal for the Huskies as they marched down the field on a 80 yard drive to win it 21-14. Hopefully one of the local channels was streaming this games, since it was back and forth. While North had a statistical advantage over Castle, the Knights were never out of it. North will travel to Memorial in hopes to make it 2nd straight against the Tigers. Castle stays at home against Mater Dei in a classic.

From my understanding, and rewatching some of the stream today, it looked like VL pulled most, if not all, of their starters after the first series or two of the second half. Bosse scored all 22 points in the second half against those reserves. Bosse looks to be more dangerous than last year. Might be a fight between Bosse and Central to stay out of that second to last spot in the conference with Harrison taking the last spot. Reitz rolled easily also pulling their guys. Castle should bounce back against MD while North has a chance to show it’s turned a corner against a tough Memorial squad. 

On 8/10/2023 at 11:06 AM, Titan32 said:

LOL...in the event of more harsh punishment I should have said.

Hearing there was another incident and this is now permanent.

Also that Andy Owen had been pushing to keep the kid from being dismissed - which is unsurprising to me.

I’m glad Archie isn’t around to see that sort of thing happening with his last name.

• Thanks 1