Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

DAC previews & predictions

28 minutes ago, psaboy said:

I saw that the other week that Charles Salary was head coaching. Great for him, hope he does well. Still pissed on how he sliced up the Mighty Panther D in 2014. 

Man, he was a very special running back that Senior Year. Carried LaPorte to the State Champtionship game. I'm not discounting the success he had at LaPorte; however, he would have looked incredible running behind a dominant Indy OL. He had a very successful career at Marian. NAIA All American. I have a feeling Calumet is the start of many great achievements for the young man.

Edited by Boilernation
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Boilernation said:

You say you're not Parkhurst but this was something he mentioned a lot. Can any City fans on here validate this comment? It seems outrageous anyone in City would have complained about Mason. Who else has taken them to a Semi-State? Nobody!

Hoosier football mentioned it. And it was actually a current coach on the staff this year that told me this information. His son is a senior on the team and a stud at that. May even be top 3 in state at his position 

8 hours ago, Boilernation said:

You say you're not Parkhurst but this was something he mentioned a lot. Can any City fans on here validate this comment? It seems outrageous anyone in City would have complained about Mason. Who else has taken them to a Semi-State? Nobody!

And I agree but just because a coach has sucess doesn’t mean they get along. 

look at Valpo a few years back. I believe they were undefeated going into sectionals and there coach was forced out by the players during the state tourney  and that’s how Marshall became the coach.. so I’m understanding. 

1 hour ago, DACNUT88 said:

look at Valpo a few years back. I believe they were undefeated going into sectionals and there coach was forced out by the players during the state tourney  and that’s how Marshall became the coach.. so I’m understanding. 

It’s funny, I know you’re Parkurst just by the way you’re making stuff up. That coach was forced out by other teachers at Valpo after he posted motivational fliers across the school some felt “uncomfortable” with. The players were not happy about this at all and literally voiced their frustrations in the paper. This is well documented. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, temptation said:

DAC Sidenote:  Merrillville alum Kenneth Grant is turning heads and is being raved about by the Michigan coaching staff.

Future pro.

Nice. Wasn't he just a 3 star recruit that was kind of a late bloomer? Credit to the Michigan staff for developing him. 

I was at Valpo’s scrimmage last night. Man, they are loaded! When you consider the circumstances under which he got the job, and what he’s done since then, Bill Marshall has got to be considered among the very upper echelon of coaches in the state.

10 hours ago, Boilernation said:

Nice. Wasn't he just a 3 star recruit that was kind of a late bloomer? Credit to the Michigan staff for developing him. 

“And then to go on to the next guy that you're gonna probably bring up, Kenneth Grant. Just a freak in terms of high-ceiling, long, athletic for 350 pounds. He can run, and he never gets tired. Like, you watch the spring game from this year, he was out there every single play and the first play looked like the last play, the mound of effort and versatility. I'm super excited for both those young guys.“

- Michigan DL coach Mike Elston

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Gipper said:

I'm really hoping for a great season in the DAC.  Hopefully, Buzea's coaching at Crown Point gets everybody else going and they make some noise in the tournament.

Valpo and merrillville and Michigan city have all been making runs recently. Crown point has to get up to their level of consistency. Would love to see portage and lake central finally show up but that’s a ways off 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DACNUT88 said:

Valpo and merrillville and Michigan city have all been making runs recently. Crown point has to get up to their level of consistency. Would love to see portage and lake central finally show up but that’s a ways off 

Then there's that buzzsaw of Warsaw, Ft. Wayne, and Lafayette before almost certain annihilation to an Indianapolis-area school...

12 hours ago, scarab527 said:

It’s funny, I know you’re Parkurst just by the way you’re making stuff up. That coach was forced out by other teachers at Valpo after he posted motivational fliers across the school some felt “uncomfortable” with. The players were not happy about this at all and literally voiced their frustrations in the paper. This is well documented. 

“There coach “

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, psaboy said:

Jimmy is a groomer

🙄

Yes, the guy who is constantly publicly ridiculed for walking away from post game interviews in order to give his players the spotlight exploits young people…

Edited by temptation

1 hour ago, temptation said:

🙄

Yes, the guy who is constantly publicly ridiculed for walking away from post game interviews in order to give his players the spotlight exploits young people…

He is a groomer in a good way, not the left way 😀

4 hours ago, Gipper said:

Then there's that buzzsaw of Warsaw, Ft. Wayne, and Lafayette before almost certain annihilation to an Indianapolis-area school...

Warsaw has been no match for the DAC. And recently FW hasn’t been either. Now the Indy schools in 6A maybe. 

5 hours ago, DACNUT88 said:

Warsaw has been no match for the DAC. And recently FW hasn’t been either. Now the Indy schools in 6A maybe. 

Fort Wayne has been "no match" for the DAC? Care to elaborate further on that comment?

23 hours ago, Bobref said:

I was at Valpo’s scrimmage last night. Man, they are loaded! When you consider the circumstances under which he got the job, and what he’s done since then, Bill Marshall has got to be considered among the very upper echelon of coaches in the state.

They played two teams that will he lucky to win a game this upcoming year… so yeah they should look amazing. If they didn’t that’s a problem. Their first test isn’t till penn. They don’t scrimmage anyone worthwhile. 

Michigan city I think scrimmaged Penn tonight? ANYOne know how that went? 

24 minutes ago, DACNUT88 said:

They played two teams that will he lucky to win a game this upcoming year… so yeah they should look amazing. If they didn’t that’s a problem. Their first test isn’t till penn. They don’t scrimmage anyone worthwhile. 

Michigan city I think scrimmaged Penn tonight? ANYOne know how that went? 

My comment was without regard to the opposition. I know a good football team when I see one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

My comment was without regard to the opposition. I know a good football team when I see one.

lol...I was thinking the same. Plus, we're talking about the Station Champion who return 19 starters. Yeah, I think they've kind of proven if they look great it's not just because the comp sucked. 

Dear Lord Cody please just stop. Crown Point and then what ever . But what does that mean in Indy  Skill ?   The DAC is so sub par. Nothing will change.

Cody aka dac88 hows your portal seams as if Hobart and CP have taken over. Your such a slap nut,  Valpo cream of the crop 5A unless God says No REPEAT.

City what a shame oh well.  Maybe Portage No one ever talks about LC unbelievable  Hey what the hell Go Pirates ! Cody have fun at Pet smart.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, MC Dad said:

Dear Lord Cody please just stop. Crown Point and then what ever . But what does that mean in Indy  Skill ?   The DAC is so sub par. Nothing will change.

Cody aka dac88 hows your portal seams as if Hobart and CP have taken over. Your such a slap nut,  Valpo cream of the crop 5A unless God says No REPEAT.

City what a shame oh well.  Maybe Portage No one ever talks about LC unbelievable  Hey what the hell Go Pirates ! Cody have fun at Pet smart.

The Gary and Hammond pipeline into Merrillville appears to have have been closed. It'll be interesting to see what Seiss can do without a well defined athletic advantage. 

• Haha 1