Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

DAC previews & predictions

Just now, gonzoron said:

I didn't suggest anything. Not my sandbox, there are folks here who take care of things like that. 

But it's extremely obvious you're not from Andrean. 

🤣🤣 

For a guy who thinks he’s really smart, you’re completely clueless. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Bobref said:

Is there anyone who thinks Merrillville was the better team on the field that night? I haven’t heard anyone say that. The final margin saw the team that had the multi-hour road trip win by 18 pts. I saw both teams multiple times that season. 18 pts. seems about right.

You saw the same study I did last year, driving multiple hours only gives the home team an advantage of a small fraction of a percent. 

You've seen enough football to know better, not having those points on the board was a significant momentum swing. I'm not saying Merrillville would have won, but you can't deny the impact it had. 

5 minutes ago, BTF said:

You saw the same study I did last year, driving multiple hours only gives the home team an advantage of a small fraction of a percent. 

You've seen enough football to know better, not having those points on the board was a significant momentum swing. I'm not saying Merrillville would have won, but you can't deny the impact it had. 

I seem to recall that the “study” was a very small one, certainly too small and without the scientific rigor needed to draw firm conclusions. 

You and I can speculate all we want about the impact a single play might have had in a game with well over 100 scrimmage plays. But the fact is that the decidedly better team won … decisively.

Edited by Bobref

16 hours ago, gonzoron said:

I didn't suggest anything. Not my sandbox, there are folks here who take care of things like that. 

But it's extremely obvious you're not from Andrean. 

not that he needs anyone to "vouch" for him, but @scarab527 has been around boards, for a long time always backing the 59ers, I kind of know things in the central time zone 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

Congrats to Crown Point brothers Paul and Will Clark on their verbal commitments to the university of Buffalo. Paul looks to play OL and Will at LB/DE I believe. Good gets for the Bulls. 

Crown Point with at least 4 D1 recruits this year. That’s 9 if the neighbor to the North of 93rd  is counting.

Edited by Boilernation
  • Like 1

On 8/2/2023 at 9:47 PM, Boilernation said:

Crown Point with at least 4 D1 recruits this year. That’s 9 if the neighbor to the North of 93rd  is counting.

I didn't realize Crown Point has a 6'3 Safety committed to Toledo. That's 5 legimiate D1 recurits for the Bulldogs this year, but there is speculation on Region Sports that the IHSAA is going to block Patrick Clack's transfer from Andrean. @scarab527 Has he been a no show at Crown Point practices? 

10 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

I didn't realize Crown Point has a 6'3 Safety committed to Toledo. That's 5 legimiate D1 recurits for the Bulldogs this year, but there is speculation on Region Sports that the IHSAA is going to block Patrick Clack's transfer from Andrean. @scarab527 Has he been a no show at Crown Point practices? 

Honestly no idea whether he’s been at practices and not sure what I can exactly say on here because of a lack of official announcements. 

7 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

Honestly no idea whether he’s been at practices and not sure what I can exactly say on here because of a lack of official announcements. 

Agreed regarding the offical announcements. My opinion is whether or not he's at practice isn't a rumor. It's just a fact. Mods can delete if they disagree, it's their show.

Edited by Boilernation

• 2 weeks later...

Did Patrick Clacks suit up for Crown Point in their scrimmage? So far I haven’t seen anything officially reported in the NWI media. I know rumors are a slippery slope in here, so I’ll stick to the facts at hand on whether or not he suited up for Crown Point. 

Edited by Boilernation

I haven't seen a DAC pick 'em so I figured I'd post my picks here! Last year was my first year giving attention to the conference, so I don't know enough about these teams to give the same write ups that I do for the SAC teams, but I still want to give a crack at it.

Andrean at Merrillville - Merrillville by 7

Chesterton at Hobart - Chesterton by 10

Crown Point at Lowell - Crown Point by 28

Lake Central at Munster - Lake Central by 28

New Prairie at LaPorte - New Prairie by 35

Penn at ValparaisoValpo by 3

Portage at Morton - Portage by 17

Warsaw at Michigan City - Warsaw by 10

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CLKeller16 said:

I haven't seen a DAC pick 'em so I figured I'd post my picks here! Last year was my first year giving attention to the conference, so I don't know enough about these teams to give the same write ups that I do for the SAC teams, but I still want to give a crack at it.

I think Laporte will be stingy on D, keep it within 10, and I know City will capitalize on the offensive side, Hart will do his duty and the passing game is weaponized. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CLKeller16 said:

Looks pretty good overall. Actually some pretty interesting games this week.

Andrean hasn't beat Merrillville since 2017, but I think this year is one of their best chances since then, as the Pirates don't look to be as good as they have been in recent years. Think this one will be a low-scoring defensive battle. The team that makes fewer mistakes on offense and can generate some big plays on defense will win. Think Merrillville by 7 is pretty fair. 

Chesterton and Hobart will also likely be a low-scoring defensive battle imo. Both teams return a lot on defense but limited amounts on offense. I have to give Hobart the edge as they'll have the biggest offensive threat in the game in Calumet transfer WR Terrell Caldwell. I'll go Hobart by 7. 

Valpo and Penn I think will be close too. Should be a good early barometer of where both of these teams are at. 

Portage and Morton won't be a good game but it does have the narrative of Roy Richards taking his new team, Portage, back to the place where he originally made his name. Morton hasn't been nearly the same since he left. 

The most-interesting game of the week for me is Warsaw and City. A lot of people are taking Warsaw in this game, but I'm very torn. Last year at Warsaw the Tigers ran all over the Wolves, which was the start of a hugely disappointing season for a MC team coming off a Regional Championship at the time. But they've got a new (albeit young) coach and some really good players, plus this game is at Ames Field. Prior to last year's drubbing, City had one the previous two meetings by 20 and 19 points, respectively. How City does in this game should again be pretty indicative of how their entire season will play out. If they win decisively, they should be a player in the DAC and in 5A as a whole. If they lose decisively, they'll need to figure some things out quick, because with Jeff next week and then DAC conference play beginning, their schedule doesn't really let up.  

Edited by scarab527
  • Like 1

Well, here we go again with week 2. Really showed my lack of knowledge with this conference by going 4-4 on my picks, plus my scores were all over the place. Still no Pick 'Em so here are my thoughts, hopefully I can do a little better this week:

Taft at Crown Point - Crown point by... honestly I don't know, this one is a shot in the dark.

Hobart at Merrillville - Merrillville by 20

LaPorte at Lowell - LaPorte by 7

Michigan City at Lafayette JeffJeff by 7

Northwood at Portage - Northwood by 21

Providence Catholic at Lake Central - Providence by another shot in the dark

Valparaiso at Andrean - Valpo by 3

Warsw at Chesterton - Warsaw by 2