Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Temp’s Top 25 (Week 2)

11 hours ago, Warren Central Warrior said:

I agree. Warren Central isn't what it used to be. The Warriors had a good couple of decades of solid winning. This reminds me of the 1990s when they weren't as good 

Wondering why they were ranked, I believe in top 5-6 in 6A preseason poll?

9 hours ago, psaboy said:

Wondering why they were ranked, I believe in top 5-6 in 6A preseason poll?

They have a coach who has a good winning track record and is in his third season. They have a massive offensive and defensive line. Reloading at the skill positions is pretty much an expectation at Warren. Even people from Indy were expecting a big year out of this team. It's too early to hit the panic button. They are 0-2 against two teams that might be Top 10 statewide. 

4 hours ago, BTF said:

They have a coach who has a good winning track record and is in his third season. They have a massive offensive and defensive line. Reloading at the skill positions is pretty much an expectation at Warren. Even people from Indy were expecting a big year out of this team. It's too early to hit the panic button. They are 0-2 against two teams that might be Top 10 statewide. 

Please don’t give any credit to Fort Wayne area teams. It is blasphemy!!!

• Kill me now 1

1 hour ago, Komets2727 said:

Please don’t give any credit to Fort Wayne area teams. It is blasphemy!!!

Just stop with the disrespect nonsense.

We all acknowledge Snider and Carroll are legitimate squads worthy of praise.

Edited by temptation
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, FBfanatic40 said:

After watching Roncalli in week 1 and 2. I wouldn't have them in the top 50 for the state. I'd be surprised if they make it out of sectionals unless something drastically changes 

They are missing a lot of guys due to  injury and they are young with not a lot of experience

Edited by Stinginghornet

On 8/26/2023 at 12:25 PM, Grover said:

Their problems last night went way beyond having an immature QB.

I never said that they didn't have other problems.

18 hours ago, temptation said:

Just stop with the disrespect nonsense.

We all acknowledge Snider and Carroll are legitimate squads worthy of praise.

They certainly have proven it.

No drastic disagreements from me. Just a little nit picking. 

• I would swap Center Grove and Ben Davis. No disrespect to the Giants, but I’m giving CG the edge due to the arm of Cherry, how impressive they looked against a big and fast Oakland team, and Eric Moore.
  • I would put Carroll and Penn above Crown Point. Crown Point is really good, but they also played about as weak of an OOC schedule they could put together. I’d give Carroll and Penn the bump for who they've played so far. Big one this Friday though as neighboring rivals Crown Point and Merrillville play.
  • I like the Noblesville love at 14. Great opportunity on Friday to climb a step higher in the HCC pecking order.
  • Franklin Central may be too low at 20.
  • Where do you have the following teams:

• Evansville Memorial

• Decatur Central

• Plainfield

Edited by Boilernation

44 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

No drastic disagreements from me. Just a little nit picking. 

• I would swap Center Grove and Ben Davis. No disrespect to the Giants, but I’m giving CG the edge due to the arm of Cherry, how impressive they looked against a big and fast Oakland team, and Eric Moore.
  • I would put Carroll and Penn above Crown Point. Crown Point is really good, but they also played about as weak of an OOC schedule they could put together. I’d give Carroll and Penn the bump for who they've played so far. Big one this Friday though as neighboring rivals Crown Point and Merrillville play.
  • I like the Noblesville love at 14. Great opportunity on Friday to climb a step higher in the HCC pecking order.
  • Franklin Central may be too low at 20.
  • Where do you have the following teams:

• Evansville Memorial

• Decatur Central

• Plainfield

Thanks for the feedback.

I have Decatur Central at HM (#27), Plainfield at HM (#31) and Evansville Memorial at HM (#38).

On 8/27/2023 at 8:06 AM, BTF said:

They have a coach who has a good winning track record and is in his third season. They have a massive offensive and defensive line. Reloading at the skill positions is pretty much an expectation at Warren. Even people from Indy were expecting a big year out of this team. It's too early to hit the panic button. They are 0-2 against two teams that might be Top 10 statewide

Carroll and Snider might be top 10 by seasons end. Warren will be 1-2 after this week as they will beat North Central.

Judging from their play I see WC being at best 4-5 but will likely be 2-7 or 3-6. They will struggle with Lawrence Central and Lawrence North. They will get beat by Ben Davis, Carmel, and Christian Brothers (MO). The 2 wins I do see are Pike and North Central. That in no way is talking bad about Snider or Carroll. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

Carroll and Snider might be top 10 by seasons end. Warren will be 1-2 after this week as they will beat North Central.

Judging from their play I see WC being at best 4-5 but will likely be 2-7 or 3-6. They will struggle with Lawrence Central and Lawrence North. They will get beat by Ben Davis, Carmel, and Christian Brothers (MO). The 2 wins I do see are Pike and North Central. That in no way is talking bad about Snider or Carroll. 

It's all good. It's still hard to rank teams after just two weeks of play. Snider and Carroll, currently, could be 4/5, 9/10, 12/13, or 15/16. Time will tell. 

37 minutes ago, temptation said:

Zionsville.

I have Warsaw HM (#35).

Makes sense. I wasn't even thinking about Zionsville. 26 Sounds about right for the Eagles. They need to find a way to get Hilton involved at all times in the offense. He's ridiculously good. Had one play against Lebanon that made me chuckle. He was at leat 10 yards behind the secondary and had to slow down for what turned out to be a jump ball with a DB because the QB didn't have the arm to hit him in stride. Give him a QB like Cherry who has a Power 5 arm and that would be a scary combo.

1 hour ago, BTF said:

It's all good. It's still hard to rank teams after just two weeks of play. Snider and Carroll, currently, could be 4/5, 9/10, 12/13, or 15/16. Time will tell. 

Yes, but as I mentioned in another thread its HOW discombobulated/chaotic Warren looks at times.  I understand early season struggles but their offense looks like an elementary fire drill (I have experience with these) the majority of the time.

The opposition can only do so much but it is the simplicities of the game that seem to be causing Warren issues right now.

They need North Central on the schedule this week for sure.

30 minutes ago, temptation said:

Yes, but as I mentioned in another thread its HOW discombobulated/chaotic Warren looks at times.  I understand early season struggles but their offense looks like an elementary fire drill (I have experience with these) the majority of the time.

The opposition can only do so much but it is the simplicities of the game that seem to be causing Warren issues right now.

They need North Central on the schedule this week for sure.

Agree. I think one can compile a pretty decent ranking after Week 2, but certainly more clarity after Week 5 or 6. That's all I'm saying. Take Snider for example. They could be as high as 5 or as low as 19. We won't know until late in the season. Warren is struggling, for sure. But they almost beat Carroll in an ugly game on both sides. One could conclude after that game that both of those teams are struggling (I know the Carroll faithful weren't happy with the Chargers performance). But then again, Carroll fought pretty hard against HSE (who could be the 5th best team in the state). What do we conclude in all this? Warren struggled mightily in two games and have their work cut out for them when the big Indy teams coming.

Ranking 5-20 is kind of a crapshoot. Right now I'm not betting against Brownsburg, Ben Davis, or Center Grove. Cathedral is always a safe bet, so I like them in that 4 spot. Ranking teams after that is kind of a mess. Snider, Penn, Valpo, Crown Point, and Merrillville are looking good out of the North. I wouldn't be surprised if those schools gave Indy's next best five a run for their money. I know, I know, Merrillville got clocked against Chatard and Westfield. But something feels a little different out of the north this year. 

On 8/26/2023 at 5:09 AM, temptation said:
  1. Ben Davis
  2. Center Grove
  3. Brownsburg
  4. Hamilton Southeastern
  5. Cathedral
  6. Westfield
  7. Lawrence Central
  8. Fishers
  9. East Central
  10. Fort Wayne Snider
  11. Crown Point