• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SAC week 5

22 minutes ago, jakone said:

Carroll at Snider

Concordia at Luers

Northrop at Nth Side

Wayne at South Side

Homestead at Dwenger

I haven't seen Carroll play yet this season, so I'll have to defer to Sagarin who has Carroll as a 9 point favorite. Chargers by 3

Concordia showed signs of life last week, but Luers is better. Third win in a row for the Knights. Luers by 14

Nothing indicates that Northrop will keep this one close. North Side by 28

Wayne isn't as good as I thought they'd be and South Side has shown on occasion that they're capable of hitting back. Wayne by 21

Not sure what happened against Noblesville, but Homestead isn't looking too bad. Spartans by 14

Luers 48 - Concordia 21 - Luers showed a little life last week, it will continue against a Cadet team that gave up 70 points last week to North Side

North Side 63 - Northrop 28 - North Side has another big week against a lower tier team, not impressed in the least

Wayne 49 - South Side 7 - General bounce back this week with an easy win over the hapless Archers

Homestead 35 - Dwenger 21 - Sparty trying to get on a roll before they play Snider next week

Snider 42 - Carroll 14 - Yep, I am calling for a big Panther win this week. Don’t care what Sagarin predicts, which is Carroll by 9 points, the eye test tells me the Panthers roll the Chargers. Carroll has won 19 straight SAC games and if Snider doesn’t beat them, that streak could reach 30 next year. All phases of the game, offense, defense, and special teams favor Snider in this one

Concordia-Luers...Concordia has shown ability to put up points, can the Luers D hold up and not force the offense into a shootout? Luers by 7

Northrop-North Side...who would have thought putting the ball in your D1 Talents hands every play would work out? If they would have ran that offense against Dwenger they would have won by 3 scores...Giving up almost 40 on defense is still troublesome but shouldn't be a concern against a bad Bruins team...Legends by 25

Wayne-South Side...both teams have lost their Week 1 luster. One of them gets it back this week. Generals by 20

Homestead-Dwenger...last weeks first half may have been the best the Saints have looked all year...too bad football is 4 quarters. Homestead by 12

Carroll-Snider...essentially the SAC Title game right here has seemed to lose some of its luster as Snider has looked much better so far this year than Carroll. Think this game will show that...Panthers by 17

2 hours ago, Komets2727 said:

Luers 48 - Concordia 21 - Luers showed a little life last week, it will continue against a Cadet team that gave up 70 points last week to North Side

North Side 63 - Northrop 28 - North Side has another big week against a lower tier team, not impressed in the least

Wayne 49 - South Side 7 - General bounce back this week with an easy win over the hapless Archers

Homestead 35 - Dwenger 21 - Sparty trying to get on a roll before they play Snider next week

Snider 42 - Carroll 14 - Yep, I am calling for a big Panther win this week. Don’t care what Sagarin predicts, which is Carroll by 9 points, the eye test tells me the Panthers roll the Chargers. Carroll has won 19 straight SAC games and if Snider doesn’t beat them, that streak could reach 30 next year. All phases of the game, offense, defense, and special teams favor Snider in this one

Wow on that Carroll/Snider score!!!!

4 minutes ago, temptation said:

I think Carroll is being underestimated, but Snider does have motivation. A Carroll win means the conference bell will be painted blue and white for the third year in a row. It also means Carroll is the official kingpin of the SAC. 

8 minutes ago, BTF said:

I think Carroll is being underestimated, but Snider does have motivation. A Carroll win means the conference bell will be painted blue and white for the third year in a row. It also means Carroll is the official kingpin of the SAC. 

Honestly (with a straight face) when, in your opinion is the last time you could make the argument that the best matchup in the state was between two Fort Wayne teams?

Because I think that’s the case this week with two HCC tilts getting honorable mention.

57 minutes ago, temptation said:

I think Snider is better than Carroll by quite a bit this year, Snider beating Warren @ Warren by 22 points when it really could have been 30+points and then Warren goes to Carroll the following week and only loses by 4 points is pretty clear. Watching both of these teams, the only slight advantage Carroll has is at QB and it is not as big an advantage as I thought it would be before the year started.

I think there is some big motivation for the Panthers this week as they feel disrespected by Carroll. Let’s see how this plays out

12 minutes ago, temptation said:

Honestly (with a straight face) when, in your opinion is the last time you could make the argument that the best matchup in the state was between two Fort Wayne teams?

Because I think that’s the case this week with two HCC tilts getting honorable mention.

I guess it depends on what the criteria is for best game in the state. I'm not sure what was going on last year the week Snider played North Side in sectionals, but that game drew about 6000 fans. Homestead vs Dwenger in 2020, again, not sure what else was going on that week. You make a good point though, you'd have to go back a few more years to find a game that was this big.

Snider/Dwenger in 2015 was pretty big. Dwenger won 2017 enroute to a state title. Snider got one too. 

8 minutes ago, BTF said:

I guess it depends on what the criteria is for best game in the state. I'm not sure what was going on last year the week Snider played North Side in sectionals, but that game drew about 6000 fans. Homestead vs Dwenger in 2020, again, not sure what else was going on that week. You make a good point though, you'd have to go back a few more years to find a game that was this big.

Snider/Dwenger in 2015 was pretty big. Dwenger won 2017 enroute to a state title. Snider got one too. 

Referring solely to statewide rankings, particularly at the 5A/6A level.

Both of these teams could find themselves at LOS on Thanksgiving weekend in the state’s two largest classes.

Edited by temptation

3 hours ago, temptation said:

Referring solely to statewide rankings, particularly at the 5A/6A level.

Both of these teams could find themselves at LOS on Thanksgiving weekend in the state’s two largest classes.

I was thinking you'd have to go back a very long time to find two Fort Wayne teams that were widely accepted as Top 10 regardless of class squaring off with one another. One might argue that Snider and Dwenger 2015 may have both been Top Ten. If I remember correctly, that wasn't one of 6A's stronger years. Outside of that you may have to back to the early 2000's with Snider and Homestead. Late 90's with Snider and Homestead. Late 80's with Snider and North Side. Both Snider and Dwenger have had several Top 10 seasons, but not very often in the same year. 

Friday night will be a hell of an atmosphere. I'd estimate 6000 fans and two of the best student sections in the state. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Komets2727 said:

Why is that??

13 hours ago, BTF said:

I was thinking you'd have to go back a very long time to find two Fort Wayne teams that were widely accepted as Top 10 regardless of class squaring off with one another. One might argue that Snider and Dwenger 2015 may have both been Top Ten. If I remember correctly, that wasn't one of 6A's stronger years. Outside of that you may have to back to the early 2000's with Snider and Homestead. Late 90's with Snider and Homestead. Late 80's with Snider and North Side. Both Snider and Dwenger have had several Top 10 seasons, but not very often in the same year. 

Friday night will be a hell of an atmosphere. I'd estimate 6000 fans and two of the best student sections in the state. 

Sorry if this is dumb question, I am not that familiar with Fort Wayne Football I follow 6A Indianapolis Donut hole teams. Where does Snider play their home games?  I did google map satellite image and I can't image 6000 fans in that stadium.

image.png.84d9013b07aee152bcde805038fd4ef1.png

21 minutes ago, Slobberknocker said:

Sorry if this is dumb question, I am not that familiar with Fort Wayne Football I follow 6A Indianapolis Donut hole teams. Where does Snider play their home games?  I did google map satellite image and I can't image 6000 fans in that stadium.

Snider shares Spuller Stadium with Northrop.  The stadium is on Northrop's campus.  It's a good sized place, very similar to FW Wayne's stadium.  The field in your post at Snider's campus is, IIRC, used for practice/track meets/sub-varsity games.  Snider is pretty land-locked.  There's a thread somewhere on here, from the last 1-2 years, about Snider getting there own stadium and why it hasn't worked out so far.  The two schools are only maybe 10-15 minutes apart.

image.thumb.jpeg.6f08e005735c7c22b0c4c5584a0367bd.jpeg

Edited by Bonecrusher

13 hours ago, psaboy said:

Why is that??

Who is going to beat them the rest of this year in the SAC? Nobody, which would put the streak at 24 heading into next year. Most likely, they will be favored in every game in the SAC next year as well and to be sure they will be even better next year than they are this year as they will have a senior QB who is a 3 year starter who is also being recruited at a D1 level, hence my statement 

11 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

Who is going to beat them the rest of this year in the SAC? Nobody, which would put the streak at 24 heading into next year. Most likely, they will be favored in every game in the SAC next year as well and to be sure they will be even better next year than they are this year as they will have a senior QB who is a 3 year starter who is also being recruited at a D1 level, hence my statement 

I vaguely remember in the early 70's Luers won around 30 in a row. Does anyone know what the longest streak is? By the way Luers is the last team to beat Carroll.😉

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Komets2727 said:

OK, just found it odd that you are giving them a W against Snider next year, which I'm assuming you are???

9 hours ago, Slobberknocker said:

Bonecrusher gave a pretty good explanation. It's used for the Freshman and JV home games. It's also the current home to Blackhawk Christian's new football program. Blackhawk sits inside the Snider school district about 6 or 7 minutes away. When FWCS's built Northrop and Wayne High School's back in the late 60's, they built two very nice duplicate stadiums on the campuses. Both stadiums were meant to be shared. Northrop and Snider. Wayne and South Side. South Side had a nice stadium built for them, I want to say 25 years ago, when they underwent a multi million dollar upgrade. So that leaves Snider, the highest income generating athletic producer in Fort Wayne, as the only school in the city without their own stadium. There's actually a very large piece of property across the street from Snider that is owned by FWCS. I don't see any reason why they couldn't build a stadium there. I'm not sure it really matters. Snider has gotten on a bus for their home football games for over five decades, so it's really just another day at the office for them. Plus they draw a good crowd at those games, so I don't know what incentive FWCS has to give Snider their own stadium. But they did give one to South Side, a school that draws about 1/20th the crowd that Snider draws, so I guess we'll just see what the future holds. 

2 hours ago, BTF said:

Bonecrusher gave a pretty good explanation. It's used for the Freshman and JV home games. It's also the current home to Blackhawk Christian's new football program. Blackhawk sits inside the Snider school district about 6 or 7 minutes away. When FWCS's built Northrop and Wayne High School's back in the late 60's, they built two very nice duplicate stadiums on the campuses. Both stadiums were meant to be shared. Northrop and Snider. Wayne and South Side. South Side had a nice stadium built for them, I want to say 25 years ago, when they underwent a multi million dollar upgrade. So that leaves Snider, the highest income generating athletic producer in Fort Wayne, as the only school in the city without their own stadium. There's actually a very large piece of property across the street from Snider that is owned by FWCS. I don't see any reason why they couldn't build a stadium there. I'm not sure it really matters. Snider has gotten on a bus for their home football games for over five decades, so it's really just another day at the office for them. Plus they draw a good crowd at those games, so I don't know what incentive FWCS has to give Snider their own stadium. But they did give one to South Side, a school that draws about 1/20th the crowd that Snider draws, so I guess we'll just see what the future holds. 

Let's see what happens to the land that sits next to Lane Middle School (and the soon to be empty Fire Station) across the street.

**Just a thought as it relates to R. Nelson Snider HS and having a unique FB Stadium.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yuccaguy said:

Let's see what happens to the land that sits next to Lane Middle School (and the soon to be empty Fire Station) across the street.

**Just a thought as it relates to R. Nelson Snider HS and having a unique FB Stadium.  

Call Woodson and Bates to get the $$ to get this done. 

37 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

Neighborhood association won’t let that happen and neither will FWCS

Yeah can't see the Neighborhood Association letting that go through on the land on Lanes side, would back up to a lot of houses. If they could move the practice field and tennis courts over there though and build a stadium on the footprint where the field/practice area are now that could work. But also as someone who lives in the area, couldn't imagine how awful parking/traffic/logistics would be on game nights.

17 hours ago, BTF said:

That's pretty cool!  It's the right sized venue for that size of team and almost literally just down the road - with a right turn at Reed.

Agree it's pretty ironic that the top football income generating school in the FWCS doesn't have it's own house.

Edited by Bonecrusher