Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Northeast Indiana Postseason

I have limited knowledge of any of the 4a-6a NE IN team's chances of winning sectional, but I can provide some smaller class coverage and we'll see if we get the larger class perspectives...

3A: Heritage should definitely cruise to the sectional championship game, although Garrett won't be a pushover physically. How are we feeling about their chances against Yorktown or Delta? It looks like Heritage would host Delta, but would be on the road for Yorktown since their first 2 tournament games are on the road. For what it's worth, JH has Heritage as the favorites for sectional 27.

2A: We should have a fun NE IN matchup for a regional championship in a couple weeks, as I expect Bluffton and Bishop Luers to win their respective sectionals. Busco put a scare into Luers. Eastside is likely much better than Busco, so Luers will need to come ready to play and I expect they will. Bluffton has strung together two nice wins after dropping two straight ACAC games. I think Bluffton is really good and will pick them over Luers in regional. JH has Bluffton as the most likely team from the north to make it to LOS. No matter who makes it to semistate, there are a few teams on the other half of the north that look to be tough. LCC and Rochester play this week in one of the better matchups across the state and Laville finally got over the Andrean hump.

1A: If the Jets don't return to LOS, it'll be a surprise. It looks like they'll be on the road for awhile and there will be some good teams along the way between Madison Grant, Carroll Flora and whoever comes out of other half of the north (Triton, North Judson or Park Tudor). AC has beaten the current 3A sectional 27 favorites (according to JH) and the current favorites to make it to state from the 2A north by a combined score of 62-0. Despite some weaker teams on the schedule, they have taken care of business against good teams even if it did take a while to score against Bluffton. The defense has played lights out. Adams Central has a tougher SOS than North Judson and Triton surprisingly and a much tougher SOS than Carroll Flora. I trust that the Jets will show up in the big games from here on and will have a chance to take down Lutheran in their 3rd attempt in as many years. 

Only 4 NE8 teams left.....

Bishop Dwenger @ Dekalb.....the Barons will keep this close for a bit, maybe even till halftime, but the Saints will pull away in the second half in a big way.....Dwenger 35-14

Mississinewa @ Columbia City.....the Eagles had a ROUGH 4 weeks to end the regular season but got back on the right foot last week...upset coming....Columbia City 28-17

GOTW- East Noble @ Leo......East Noble has been on a TEAR since the Leo loss earlier (14-7).  Leo has also been on a tear handling the lower echelon NE8 teams to end the year..in the first game the Knights held Hurst in check, if they do it again they will win.......East Noble gets revenge.....Knights 24-22

Area Sectional Champions:

6A:

Carroll

5A:

Snider

4A

East Noble

3A

Heritage

2A

Bluffton

Luers

1A

Adams Central

SAC- 3 Teams, ACAC- 3 Teams, NE8- 1 Team, NECC- 0 Teams

Area Regional Champions:

5A:

Snider

4A:

East Noble

2A: 

Bluffton

1A:

Adams Central 

ACAC- 2 Teams, SAC- 1 Team, NE8- 1 Team

Area Semi State Champions:

5A:

Snider

2A:

Bluffton

1A:

Adams Central

ACAC- 2 Teams, SAC- 1 Team

Area State Champions:

1A Adams Central

6 minutes ago, NE8Fan said:

Shaking it up.  

I think both AC and Lutheran could win 2A.

Like the support but I'm never that confident. Hope we see those 2 in the 1A finals again. AC needs to get healthy & stay healthy.

14 minutes ago, Basementbias said:

Like the support but I'm never that confident. Hope we see those 2 in the 1A finals again. AC needs to get healthy & stay healthy.

Your lack of confidence is well-documented.... AC is as healthy as they've been all season with likely only one starter out. Things look a lot better with 78 back. There is a silver lining to the injuries this year...if someone goes down in the postseason, there are guys who have legit varsity experience. I would be surprised if anyone in the north legitimately has a chance to take down the Jets going into the 4th quarter of any of their upcoming games.

On 10/25/2023 at 6:53 AM, NE8_Fan said:

Only 4 NE8 teams left.....

Bishop Dwenger @ Dekalb.....the Barons will keep this close for a bit, maybe even till halftime, but the Saints will pull away in the second half in a big way.....Dwenger 35-14

Mississinewa @ Columbia City.....the Eagles had a ROUGH 4 weeks to end the regular season but got back on the right foot last week...upset coming....Columbia City 28-17

GOTW- East Noble @ Leo......East Noble has been on a TEAR since the Leo loss earlier (14-7).  Leo has also been on a tear handling the lower echelon NE8 teams to end the year..in the first game the Knights held Hurst in check, if they do it again they will win.......East Noble gets revenge.....Knights 24-22

Should be a really good one, and I'm like you, not expecting a blowout.  All the cliche's about who has the ball more, who scores last, who makes the least mistakes should come into play here.

10 minutes ago, FlyingHigh said:

Your lack of confidence is well-documented.... AC is as healthy as they've been all season with likely only one starter out. Things look a lot better with 78 back. There is a silver lining to the injuries this year...if someone goes down in the postseason, there are guys who have legit varsity experience. I would be surprised if anyone in the north legitimately has a chance to take down the Jets going into the 4th quarter of any of their upcoming games.

That's very true.  Some legit experience for the younger guys could go a long way this time of year.

"The backup is only one play away from being a starter..."

Edited by Bonecrusher

54 minutes ago, FlyingHigh said:

Hoping you are right, but I don't like being down a WB/LB that plays with a lot of heart. Especially offensively due to our formation & tendencies.

On 10/26/2023 at 1:51 PM, Frozen Tundra said:

I definitely hope Adams Central wins it all because I don’t want to see Lutheran beat them three years in a row. However, I’m not feeling very confident it’ll happen. I hope I’m wrong but Lutheran just looks too good.

Should be a little more confident after Lutherans game Friday !

Sectional Championship week! NE IN is guaranteed to have 3 sectional champions due to local match-ups, but I'm predicting 5 sectional champions from the area.

Fort Wayne North @ Snider (JH 38-17): I could see this one being a larger margin of victory for Snider than JH. North has had a difficult season and has gone a couple of weeks without playing a game. Snider rolls.

Dwenger @ Leo (JH 35-24): There's a separate thread for this one, so I'll just say that I see Leo winning this one by 2+ scores.

Delta @ Garrett (JH 28-17): Garrett will play hard and could give Delta a challenge, much like they did last year at Yorktown. Ultimately, I think that Delta's schedule prepared them better than Garrett's. Delta by 10+.

Luers @ Manchester (JH 35-14): Luers should be able to pick the score of this one, but the Knights have underperformed the last two weeks. I don't expect a close game here at all, but can they take a step forward to prep for regional?

Eastern @ Bluffton (JH 31-24): Bluffton should win by no less than 14 points in this one, setting up a regional rematch from last year with Luers. I think that Bluffton has a legit shot to beat Luers and make it to LOS.

Adams Central @ Madison-Grant (JH 35-21): I would be surprised if MG can score 21 points against AC's defense considering they haven't given up more than 10 points to a team all year. A vast majority of the points that have been scored against AC have been on the JV.  A 76-point total prediction by JH is surprising considering there may be no more than 5 pass attempts total in the game. The clock will be moving quickly.

Adams Central over Carroll: I think it'll be a similar game to last year assuming the Jets are ready to strap it up and play physical football. I have no reason to think that they won't be ready. I imagine Carroll is better than last year, but I think the Jets are as well.

Bluffton over Luers: Some people may think this is an upset, but I think that Bluffton will surprise some people. Bluffton would beat Busco and Eastside by several scores and Luers struggled with both. I imagine Luers just wasn't mentally ready and the scores don't reflect their actual superiority over those teams in terms of talent on paper. This game will be won up front. Bluffton is the only team that AC has played all year that has matched their physicality on both lines. Call me an ACAC homer, but I don't care.

Leo over Mississinewa: I don't know much about Ole Miss, but I know that Leo has some special players and their 2nd year coach looks like his kids have bought into his system.

Snider over Mishawaka: Rematch of last year's regional where Snider won by 14.

3 hours ago, FlyingHigh said:

Adams Central over Carroll: I think it'll be a similar game to last year assuming the Jets are ready to strap it up and play physical football. I have no reason to think that they won't be ready. I imagine Carroll is better than last year, but I think the Jets are as well.

Bluffton over Luers: Some people may think this is an upset, but I think that Bluffton will surprise some people. Bluffton would beat Busco and Eastside by several scores and Luers struggled with both. I imagine Luers just wasn't mentally ready and the scores don't reflect their actual superiority over those teams in terms of talent on paper. This game will be won up front. Bluffton is the only team that AC has played all year that has matched their physicality on both lines. Call me an ACAC homer, but I don't care.

Leo over Mississinewa: I don't know much about Ole Miss, but I know that Leo has some special players and their 2nd year coach looks like his kids have bought into his system.

Snider over Mishawaka: Rematch of last year's regional where Snider won by 14.

Adams Central 49 - Carroll 14 - Jets way too much for Carroll in this one

Luers 42 - Bluffton 21 - Compare scores all you want, Luers will win this game

Leo 35 - Mississinewa 28 Leo will have their hands full in this one

Snider 35 - Mishawaka 14 - Panthers pull away in this one

Adams Central 48,  Carroll (Flora) 14-  Flying Jets continue to roll towards Lucas Oil

Blufton 24, Luers 21-  just have a funny feeling about this one....

Leo 35, Mississinewa 14-  I don't see ANYWHERE that the Indians have an advantage here.  They have no one that can cover Hurst and Schott and no one able to block Schott or Sheron....when I see Mississinewa I think that record is a lot of smoke and mirrors.....this outcome will never be in doubt.....

Snider 38, Mishawaka 21-  the Caveman offense will take about a quarter and a half for the Panther D to get acclimated to then it should be lights out.  Snider just has too many athletes on offense....

4 Semi-state games, 4 home match-ups for NE Indiana teams! John Harrell predicts 4 teams repping the 260 in Lucas Oil next weekend. How do we feel about the games? 

AC finally gets to host North Judson after traveling up there the last 2 years. North Judson is a really good program and they appear to have grown throughout the season after some losses in the HNAC. I expect it to be a hard-hitting ballgame, but I think the Jets are able to do too much for the Bluejays to be able to stop it. This Jets defense is big, tough and fast. Assuming they play disciplined against the North Judson offense, the Jets should be making another trip to Lucas Oil next week.