Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2A regional Triton Central vs North Posey

10 hours ago, tango said:

You give NP 12 players on D and they can beat anybody.. 

Haha...this was a pretty good one. 

Kinda stinks for North Posey in that regard - biggest win in program history, and it's a little tarnished by too many men on the last play. 

I gotta ask though...didn't MD have North Posey in a 4th and long situation with like a minute to go and gave up a TD??? What the heck happened? 

I know North Posey has had a great year and is coming off of a huge win.  I just don't know that Paoli can be counted out.  Out of all of the offenses/schemes NP has seen, they will not have seen a full 4 qtrs of the flexbone that I know of. That's hard to replicate all week and prepare for.  Paoli's offensive and defensive lines have played well all year and only gotten better.  I dont think Paoli can be counted out of this discussion. Should be a great game. 

11 hours ago, littleviking75 said:

Lets go ahead and kick these discussions off. Probably the 2 best teams in 2A 

🤦‍♂️

19 minutes ago, jets said:

Haha...this was a pretty good one. 

Kinda stinks for North Posey in that regard - biggest win in program history, and it's a little tarnished by too many men on the last play. 

I gotta ask though...didn't MD have North Posey in a 4th and long situation with like a minute to go and gave up a TD??? What the heck happened? 

No tarnish! They got some calls, we got some calls its how the game goes. Heck we had 13 on the field but decided to run one off

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, PLACfan said:

I know North Posey has had a great year and is coming off of a huge win.  I just don't know that Paoli can be counted out.  Out of all of the offenses/schemes NP has seen, they will not have seen a full 4 qtrs of the flexbone that I know of. That's hard to replicate all week and prepare for.  Paoli's offensive and defensive lines have played well all year and only gotten better.  I dont think Paoli can be counted out of this discussion. Should be a great game. 

Paoli is a great team and believe me the coaches know its going to take everything we have to win.

27 minutes ago, PLACfan said:

This game has huge potential for a trap game for Vikings....BIG win over MD, fans storming the field, fans completely dismissing next opponent...  It is usually a good approach to play them one game at a time come playoffs.   Tempting the football gods here?

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, PLACfan said:

Tell City runs the Flexbone - and run it pretty well. 

28 minutes ago, MDAlum82 said:

This game has huge potential for a trap game for Vikings....BIG win over MD, fans storming the field, fans completely dismissing next opponent...  It is usually a good approach to play them one game at a time come playoffs.   Tempting the football gods here?

I think its probably just one young, mouthy fan/player that recently discovered the GID who is dismissing Paoli. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PLACfan said:

NP 35...Paoli 14  my prediction...as long as NP can tackle...they will be ok! 

5 hours ago, PLACfan said:

Prior to this season Heritage Hills ran the flexbone (5yrs or so) as did Tell City

so Posey has experience against a flexbone offense. Posey s defense is stout! 

I expect it to be a slobber knocker with NP edging Paoli out by 10

8 minutes ago, NorthKnox94 said:

i would say mater dei  is better then you think against 2a because of their schedule...and they are very well coached...

I don't disagree and made that argument last week when we were hearing how NP was going to blow MD out because MD beat Tell City by 1 score and NP blew Tell City out. 

15 minutes ago, tango said:

I don't disagree and made that argument last week when we were hearing how NP was going to blow MD out because MD beat Tell City by 1 score and NP blew Tell City out. 

I think a high school kid said blow out…

That Viking offense must be pretty good, Memorial only scores 9 and 4A #2 Reitz only scored 14 on that 3 win MD D

6 hours ago, MDAlum82 said:

I would be worried about an emotional let down if I were the Vikings.  They acted like they won the superbowl against MD.  Not sure how they will respond and get for Paoli.  

And I think Triton Central wins fairly easily should they face NP

51 minutes ago, Cappy said:

I think a high school kid said blow out…

That Viking offense must be pretty good, Memorial only scores 9 and 4A #2 Reitz only scored 14 on that 3 win MD D

I assume a HS kid.. LOL

No question NP is a solid team. When it was 28-14 I thought NP was done for, but they showed some grit coming back and tying it up. As for the SIAC games, the Reitz / MD game definitely surprised me as I expected Reitz would beat MD by 35. Our game against MD was ugly, which isn't altogether unexpected in that rivalry. I was happy we held them to 6 points.