Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2024 Turf and Beyond

15 minutes ago, Paradise1960 said:

In Warrick County, Castle High School and Boonville High School will have field turf in 2024.

Yes yes. thought I had heard that, needed to confirm. 

9 minutes ago, coachkj said:

Didn't think so.

welp.. .more adjusting. That is all from 4 years ago when I was on here trying to get posters to tell me what fields had which playing surface. I always questioned that one. 

Edited by btownqbcoach1

2 hours ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

Yes yes. thought I had heard that, needed to confirm. 

welp.. .more adjusting. That is all from 4 years ago when I was on here trying to get posters to tell me what fields had which playing surface. I always questioned that one. 

Not being critical.  Just trying to be helpful.

More wasted taxpayer dollars.  And increased serious injury opportunities for the children playing on such a surface (this is well documented, I will not get into another discussion concerning this proven point again.) 

All so somebody doesn't have to mow the grass, paint some lines, and sometimes wash muddy uniforms.

• Haha 6

4 hours ago, Muda69 said:

More wasted taxpayer dollars.  And increased serious injury opportunities for the children playing on such a surface (this is well documented, I will not get into another discussion concerning this proven point again.) 

All so somebody doesn't have to mow the grass, paint some lines, and sometimes wash muddy uniforms.

I believe every public school board in the state must face voters every four years, so……I’m guessing they don’t really give a shit what you think Muda. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

I believe every public school board in the state must face voters every four years, so……I’m guessing they don’t really give a shit what you think Muda. 

I'll never vote for a government school board candidate who champions artificial surfaces for football fields, or for most any outdoor extracurricular activity.

20 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

I'll never vote for a government school board candidate who champions artificial surfaces for football fields, or for most any outdoor extracurricular activity.

I understand your position and I am not looking for a gotcha moment here, but Do you think there are any advantages to having artificial surfaces?

19 hours ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

Mute button works well for trolls 

Sorry that you think individual who disagree with you are trolls.   Navel gazing must be one of your primary activities.

2 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Everyone knows your position, you don’t need to remind us every time someone makes a post in this thread, that’s kinda trolling. 

This particular thread had only existed since 1/23/24 at 10:58am.  And I posted my position exactly once in it so far. 

Not trolling.

On 1/24/2024 at 9:10 AM, btownqbcoach1 said:

Oh no. More number crunching. There's another one I was surprised didn't have it. 

I think it was bundled into the Baseball/Softball/Soccer facilities purchase, they just wanted to wait until those were finished to work on the football field.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, WawaseeFan22 said:

I think it was bundled into the Baseball/Softball/Soccer facilities purchase, they just wanted to wait until those were finished to work on the football field.

And while we're on the topic... I know soccer people don't like the turf for soccer, I don't have a lot of opinion there....

For baseball/softball it's tremendous. Keeping the batters boxes level probably being the biggest. 

3 hours ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

And while we're on the topic... I know soccer people don't like the turf for soccer, I don't have a lot of opinion there....

For baseball/softball it's tremendous. Keeping the batters boxes level probably being the biggest. 

Very few rainouts, and "true" hops to fielders as well.  

5 hours ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

Soccer tends to have the same issues as bat and ball sports, how the ball “scoots” off the turf. I think the infill is slightly different than football to slow it down. 

40 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Soccer tends to have the same issues as bat and ball sports, how the ball “scoots” off the turf. I think the infill is slightly different than football to slow it down. 

Yeah yeah, I knew they didn't like how fast the ball traveled, but... idk. Seymour soccer stadium is very impressive. Looks great.