Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2024 Turf and Beyond

3 minutes ago, 00NWP said:

NorthWood started demoing their field this week and will have turf starting next year as well.  That leaves Concord as the only school in the NLC with natural grass.

Fighting the good fight I see.  Good for the Minutemen.

11 hours ago, Lions 55 said:

Work has begun on the Salem field. My understanding is it will be completed in the middle of July. The press box will be done after the season.

IMG_3902.jpeg

IMG_3903.jpeg

That's awesome. I do remember playing in some muddy/rainy games at Salem--- 2006+2008. 

Then, I think, in 2002--- that game was a torrential downpour. 

----------------------------------------------

The field and pressbox definitely needed these facelifts, same ours when we replaced it. 

10 minutes ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

That's awesome. I do remember playing in some muddy/rainy games at Salem--- 2006+2008. 

Then, I think, in 2002--- that game was a torrential downpour. 

----------------------------------------------

The field and pressbox definitely needed these facelifts, same ours when we replaced it. 

2008 only --- 2006 wasn't a rain game. I did get stiff-armed into oblivion in the 2006 game. 

2 hours ago, Daniel_Bragg said:

Sheridan's turf work has begun. These pictures are from last Wednesday I believe. On Friday, I saw about 70% of grass completely gone. Also, the design for the completed turf. 

20240424_185823.jpg

20240424_185828.jpg

20240423_194213.jpg

Again, looks expensive.  Also IMHO that logo is dumb.  There are better ways to represent a Blackhawk.  

Just now, Muda69 said:

Must be a new one because it doesn't look like the school logo on the Sheridan water tower.  That is a Blackhawk.

There are actively like, 3 or 4 different logos that they use.  The S with the claw is the logo that is on the official seal of the school.  During my broadcasts, I don't use the logo with the claw either.  I'll admit, it isn't my favorite.