Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

How's 1A going to shake out with no AC and Lutheran in the mix?

20 minutes ago, Gap Down Backer said:

Interested to hear thoughts on this.  AC and Lutheran have dominated so I'm looking at schools like North Judson, Carroll, Laville, Pioneer, Sheridan, S Putnam, Providence.  Thoughts?

I actually heard that, upon the announcement that Faith Christian was going to go to 11-man this season, some 20-25 players from the LCC football team became Baptists and will be attending Faith in the fall.  :classic_laugh:

Lord, I apologize for that there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

North Judson returns basically everyone from last years team.

LaVille should be pretty good. Won't be as big as last years team but should be solid.

I look for Pioneer to have a good year and get back to their winning ways.

Which teams lost the most this year?  I've heard Carroll had a good group of Seniors leave and I believe that Park Tutors is 2A next year. Sheridan loses a lot of skill players, but keeps their OL.  

Perry Central comes back down to 1A in the south.  Any potential there?

LaVille will be a fun addition back to 1A.

Sectional alignments will go a long was in determining the north in my opinion. There's a possibility of Judson, Laville and Pioneer all being in the same sectional or in 3 different sectionals depending on where the committees put them. I think Judson is the favorite in the north this year. They return nearly everyone from a semi state team that is well coached and physical.

• Like 1

None of this can really be determined until sectional alignments, like Farmer said.  With Park Tudor, Covenant Christian, LCC, Adams Central, and Lutheran all gone from 1A, it'll be fun to see the refreshing amount of publics leading the fray.

South Putnam is going to be very hard to beat in the south this year.  Of the two south teams that came within one score of Lutheran, the Eagles have the most coming back.  Starting QB returns, along with one of the best deep threats in 1A as a sophomore.  Look for South Putnam to put up a lot of points.

Providence was better last year, but graduated quite a few key contributors.

4 hours ago, Daniel_Bragg said:

None of this can really be determined until sectional alignments, like Farmer said.  With Park Tudor, Covenant Christian, LCC, Adams Central, and Lutheran all gone from 1A, it'll be fun to see the refreshing amount of publics leading the fray.

Going to miss 1A! Wish we could have got 1 out of the 3 before leaving, but being there 3x in  row was awesome. See if SA can get back soon to represent Adams County. Be nice to get Bellmont in 3A, AC in 2A, and SA in 1A to Indy the same year. I can dream!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Basementbias said:

Going to miss 1A! Wish we could have got 1 out of the 3 before leaving, but being there 3x in  row was awesome. See if SA can get back soon to represent Adams County. Be nice to get Bellmont in 3A, AC in 2A, and SA in 1A to Indy the same year. I can dream!

I'm of the opinion that AC can really threaten 2A.  Would be wild to see AC and Lutheran 4 straight years, but I honestly feel that those two could have been there in 2A in 2023.

57 minutes ago, Daniel_Bragg said:

I'm of the opinion that AC can really threaten 2A.  Would be wild to see AC and Lutheran 4 straight years, but I honestly feel that those two could have been there in 2A in 2023.

Maybe, but they have a lot to replace this season. The MS & youth last year were a bit down, but hopefully those kids mature and become good football players when they see Friday Night Lights. They will be solid, but I'd say Bluffton is a team to watch from 2A North.

15 hours ago, Basementbias said:

This sounds pretty amazing but might be quite the dream lol.   We should be better though this year I think.  I know we have a huge freshman class coming in that did very well as 8th graders in the NE8.

I do get frustrated when I drive downtown and see all the AC yard signs.  I would be curious to know how many students in Bellmont's district attend AC.

1 hour ago, NE8Fan said:

This sounds pretty amazing but might be quite the dream lol.   We should be better though this year I think.  I know we have a huge freshman class coming in that did very well as 8th graders in the NE8.

I do get frustrated when I drive downtown and see all the AC yard signs.  I would be curious to know how many students in Bellmont's district attend AC.

Seems to increase each year. I'm not a huge fan of it either, but I can't say too much. I use my parents address in AC district for my elementary kids to go instead of in Ohio. Looking for housing but everything is ran up &  I'm tied to a certain area due to stepkids in school in Ohio. I want my house to be in AC district and not SA or Bellmont & be open enrollment taking away from those 2.

On 4/18/2024 at 8:13 AM, NE8Fan said:

What do Sheridan and Monroe Central return?   That was a great sectional championship game last season. 

Sheridan returns a lot of their OL, but will be looking for a new lead RB.  Return QB.  WR is another position that they will be looking for, as all WRs and TE were all Seniors.  That being said, these positions were also question marks going into last season.  Sheridan and Coach Wright are pretty good at finding talent for one season in the skill positions.  Also, worth mentioning that Sheridan has open enrollment.  Both WRs from last year were from outside of Sheridan.  One from Carmel, one from Westfield.  As Sheridan has a rather large student body of transfers, it'll be interesting to see who/if any choose to come play/learn at Sheridan next season.

2 hours ago, Daniel_Bragg said:

Sheridan returns a lot of their OL, but will be looking for a new lead RB.  Return QB.  WR is another position that they will be looking for, as all WRs and TE were all Seniors.  That being said, these positions were also question marks going into last season.  Sheridan and Coach Wright are pretty good at finding talent for one season in the skill positions.  Also, worth mentioning that Sheridan has open enrollment.  Both WRs from last year were from outside of Sheridan.  One from Carmel, one from Westfield.  As Sheridan has a rather large student body of transfers, it'll be interesting to see who/if any choose to come play/learn at Sheridan next season.

Carmel and a Westfield kid?  I had no idea Sheridan got those kind of transfers.

1 hour ago, NE8Fan said:

Carmel and a Westfield kid?  I had no idea Sheridan got those kind of transfers.

I'm sure they were purely for academic reasons, or some family situation.

2 hours ago, NE8Fan said:

Two great kids.  In fact, one of the families brought multiple kids.  One plays basketball.  Set a new school record for threes in a game, as a Freshman.

The one from Westfield was at Sheridan for his Jr and Sr year.  Again, phenomenal kid.  According to him and his parents, he was struggling in such a large environment, and the "small school" feel helped tremendously in academics and his state of mind.

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

I'm sure they were purely for academic reasons, or some family situation.

Are you suggesting otherwise, or is my sarcasm meter off?

9 minutes ago, Daniel_Bragg said:

The one from Westfield was at Sheridan for his Jr and Sr year.  Again, phenomenal kid.  According to him and his parents, he was struggling in such a large environment, and the "small school" feel helped tremendously in academics and his state of mind.

Glad this family was able to make this personal decision to benefit their son.  That's the way it should be.

Now I'm going to shuffle off to a 2A thread to avoid that whiny Sheridan announcer complain that benefits like this should keep parochial schools out of 1A.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

54 minutes ago, kdets89 said:

Glad this family was able to make this personal decision to benefit their son.  That's the way it should be.

Now I'm going to shuffle off to a 2A thread to avoid that whiny Sheridan announcer complain that benefits like this should keep parochial schools out of 1A.

Between you guys, AC, LCC, and Linton the 1A guys is about 3 of us now

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WWFan said:

Between you guys, AC, LCC, and Linton the 1A guys is about 3 of us now

Don't forget Scecina.