Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Temptation

Highest Scoring Game in State History?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Anybody have research on this?

West Lafayette and Lafayette played a basketball game on grass tonight...

74-66 Jeff.  That’s 140 points...28 more than they combined against one another last winter in basketball!

The New Pal/Snider state game comes to mind but even it falls short.

Some Stats:

WL's Kyle Adams 45-61, 554 yards, 7 TD; LJ's Grimes 19-29, 404 yards, 2 TD; LJ's Marquis Munoz 197 rush yds, 6 total TD

Embarrassing or amazing?  You decide...

 

Edited by Temptation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Columbus East vs Evansville Reitz was like 62-61 for a Regional Title back in like 2008... was a crazy scene 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

Columbus East vs Evansville Reitz was like 62-61 for a Regional Title back in like 2008... was a crazy scene 

Especially considering Reitz won on the final play with a 2-point conversion. By the way, it was actually 61-60. Then Reitz won state two weeks later. One of the four or five times since 2004 I thought a state title slipped through our grasp.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw that score on John Harrell’s site and did a triple take! Assuming no need to wash the uniforms for next weeks games haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Temptation said:

Anybody have research on this?

West Lafayette and Lafayette played a basketball game on grass tonight...

74-66 Jeff.  That’s 140 points...28 more than they combined against one another last winter in basketball!

The New Pal/Snider state game comes to mind but even it falls short.

Some Stats:

WL's Kyle Adams 45-61, 554 yards, 7 TD; LJ's Grimes 19-29, 404 yards, 2 TD; LJ's Marquis Munoz 197 rush yds, 6 total TD

Embarrassing or amazing?  You decide...

 

Most Points Scored 2 Teams
161 - Perry Meridian 83 and Decatur Central 78

just recently posted on GID by Coach Nowlin. 

2013 was the year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last year, Bluffton beat Jay County 63-62 after stopping a two-point conversion with no time on the clock.

 

I remember hearing about a regional game years ago where the final score was something like 67-66 in four or five overtimes. Can't remember the teams involved in it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Athletes all over the field on those two teams, both run a rabbit pace up tempo style on both sides of spread zone/midlines/air raid   

Both extremely well coached, but man the pace of those two teams play at consistently is more the issue of the shootout score.   Fun to be a part of course I am an offensive guy!!!

Coach Cronk and Roseman will have fun telling that games story 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Warren Central Warrior said:

Back in 2005, Warren Central hosted East Saint Louis in their Gridiron Classic. The Warriors and Flyers played an insane game, with WC winning 70-50 in a shootout.

Two years ago, Ben Davis and Warren Central had a shootout at Warrior Stadium. The Warriors won by one point, 35-34.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Warren Central Warrior said:

Two years ago, Ben Davis and Warren Central had a shootout at Warrior Stadium. The Warriors won by one point, 35-34.

Wow!!!!  69 TOTAL points???  Nuts!!!

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Warren Central Warrior said:

Two years ago, Ben Davis and Warren Central had a shootout at Warrior Stadium. The Warriors won by one point, 35-34.

Has this thread confused you? We are talking high scoring games. Not scores in the 30’s. 

7 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Wow!!!!  69 TOTAL points???  Nuts!!!

Haha you beat me to it, best part about this is the 69!!! 😂😂😂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

Has this thread confused you? We are talking high scoring games. Not scores in the 30’s. 

Haha you beat me to it, best part about this is the 69!!! 😂😂😂

Maybe. 🤷🤷🤷🤷

Edited by Warren Central Warrior
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Were any of the previously mentioned games OT games? Just curious because before college changed to having to go for 2 points after 2 OT periods, there were some insane scores.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

Were any of the previously mentioned games OT games? Just curious because before college changed to having to go for 2 points after 2 OT periods, there were some insane scores.

Nope. Just some good old fashioned Warren Central football games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Warren Central Warrior said:

Nope. Just some good old fashioned Warren Central football games.

OOOOOK..... You did know Warren Twp. Is not the center of the universe, right? (insert east side joke here). I was referencing ALL the scores in this thread!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

OOOOOK..... You did know Warren Twp. Is not the center of the universe, right? (insert east side joke here). I was referencing ALL the scores in this thread!

Oops. My bad. I forgot this is thread on high scoring football games from around the State. I am obsessed with Warren Central. But on occasions, I will talk about other topics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 10:03 PM, Temptation said:

Anybody have research on this?

West Lafayette and Lafayette played a basketball game on grass tonight...

74-66 Jeff.  That’s 140 points...28 more than they combined against one another last winter in basketball!

The New Pal/Snider state game comes to mind but even it falls short.

Some Stats:

WL's Kyle Adams 45-61, 554 yards, 7 TD; LJ's Grimes 19-29, 404 yards, 2 TD; LJ's Marquis Munoz 197 rush yds, 6 total TD

Embarrassing or amazing?  You decide...

 

More basketball on grass in Tippecanoe County--love it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brownsburg beat Zionsville last year 70-52... The boys basketball game was 54-39 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, QB said:

Brownsburg beat Zionsville last year 70-52... The boys basketball game was 54-39 

I mentioned earlier in the thread that Bluffton beat Jay County 63-62 last year...in football. Jay County won the basketball game 33-30. No joke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/24/2019 at 6:04 AM, Olympian06 said:

Columbus East vs Evansville Reitz was like 62-61 for a Regional Title back in like 2008... was a crazy scene 

TGD was there live posting updates on the forum pre-Twitter. I roamed the Reitz and CE sidelines. Lots of good folks in orange. I missed out on my pizza though. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...