Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Quintana resigns at Roncalli

2 hours ago, Just a dad said:

Is “philosophical differences” code for “wouldn’t play the rich donor’s kid”?

Always entertaining when the Catholics turn on one another. 😂

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Just a dad said:

Nobody “turning” just think a good coach got run out and am curious as to why. Admin speak is always double talk. 

Interesting that you chose that example as a possibility. 

11 hours ago, Bobref said:

Interesting that you chose that example as a possibility. 

Is it? My mind would go there with any school that is on their 4th HC in 7 years. Especially with the one they just ran off having won Marion County Coach of the Year the year before. I would hope the Administration realizes that they will be losing talent to the new top program in the south (Center Grove) now so this may not be the prime opportunity they think it is. Unless LH is returning from college to carry the ball 40+ times a game I don’t think the Admin will be happy with anyone. Do you have any thoughts that would be constructive to this topic?

• Like 1

Is it? My mind would go there with any school that is on their 4th HC in 7 years. Especially with the one they just ran off having won Marion County Coach of the Year the year before. I would hope the Administration realizes that they will be losing talent to the new top program in the south (Center Grove) now so this may not be the prime opportunity they think it is. Unless LH is returning from college to carry the ball 40+ times a game I don’t think the Admin will be happy with anyone. Do you have any thoughts that would be constructive to this topic?

You have to admit, suggesting - even tongue in cheek - that a rich donor ran the coach off isn’t exactly flattering the program.

Yeah, seems administration is the common denominator here.

11 hours ago, Bobref said:

You have to admit, suggesting - even tongue in cheek - that a rich donor ran the coach off isn’t exactly flattering the program.

Money talks.  It always has and always will.  And we always being told how most parochial schools are running on a shoestring budget, almost always on the cusp of having to close their doors due to lack of funds.  Is Roncalli any different?

30 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Money talks.  It always has and always will.  And we always being told how most parochial schools are running on a shoestring budget, almost always on the cusp of having to close their doors due to lack of funds.  Is Roncalli any different?

I weep for these poverty programs.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, HHPatriots said:

You have beautiful facilities up there in the cornfields. Between the stadium, gym and school grounds it must have cost you tax payers millions. I am sure Chatard will miss using them during their warm up for their playoff run this year. 

1 hour ago, Just a dad said:

You have beautiful facilities up there in the cornfields. Between the stadium, gym and school grounds it must have cost you tax payers millions. I am sure Chatard will miss using them during their warm up for their playoff run this year. 

Heritage Hills is north of Bishop Chatard/Indianpolis?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Heritage Hills is north of Bishop Chatard/Indianpolis?

We are closer to Nashville, Tennessee than Chatard.

4 hours ago, Just a dad said:

You will have even better warm up facilities on your playoff run in 4A this year.....those schools are waaaaay nicer.

On 4/24/2024 at 8:15 AM, HHPatriots said:

I wasn't sure if it was a Frankfort, Gibson Southern, or Heritage Hills fan. 

11 hours ago, Firsttimeformerdad said:

Forgive him, he moved in from out of state to get his boy a ring.

He actually has 3 rings. 2 sport star. They are shiny. Daughter will probably end up with 3 as well. Both will get to play college sports on someone else's dime. $500k worth of free college education for my kids for just a few years of high value, low cost HS education.  I’m like the Warren Buffet of choosing High Schools. 

I’m done with this subject. You clowns bore me. 

• Haha 1
  • Disdain 1

10 hours ago, Just a dad said:

He actually has 3 rings. 2 sport star. They are shiny. Daughter will probably end up with 3 as well. Both will get to play college sports on someone else's dime. $500k worth of free college education for my kids for just a few years of high value, low cost HS education.  I’m like the Warren Buffet of choosing High Schools. 

Can you please provide details about this low cost HS education?  Also besides tuition have you also payed for travel teams,  workshops, camps, personal coaches/training, etc. for your two children in your quest for an athletic scholarship?

And what colleges/universities that cost $250k for A 4-year degree are offering your children athletic scholarships?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Just a dad said:

I agree. Catholic school tuition is high value compared to the cost. What other sports do your kids play? I wasn't aware BC had won state recently in anything but football. 

Edited by tango

On 4/26/2024 at 8:33 AM, Muda69 said:

Can you please provide details about this low cost HS education?  Also besides tuition have you also payed for travel teams,  workshops, camps, personal coaches/training, etc. for your two children in your quest for an athletic scholarship?

And what colleges/universities that cost $250k for A 4-year degree are offering your children athletic scholarships?

1. Didn’t say it was all athletic scholarship money. Academic scholarship money and forgivable grants are nice, too.

2. Indoor track is a thing in Indiana

3. Do some research into the cost of private HS tuition after the $7k state credit and other incentives. You will find that it is less than $6k/yr. If you choose the right school

4. Played a few years of 7v7 but that cost is nothing. No private trainers or coaches, no workshops, no paid recruiting consultants, 2 single day college camps (about $150 total).

5. Club VB is a killer (mostly due to hotels) but Title IX should make that a low risk investment in the future. (I offset 2/3 of that cost by coaching for the club)

6. Don’t make this an us vs them competition, dude. It’s possible to want every kid to succeed. 

• Like 2

1. Didn’t say it was all athletic scholarship money. Academic scholarship money and forgivable grants are nice, too.

2. Indoor track is a thing in Indiana

3. Do some research into the cost of private HS tuition after the $7k state credit and other incentives. You will find that it is less than $6k/yr. If you choose the right school

4. Played a few years of 7v7 but that cost is nothing. No private trainers or coaches, no workshops, no paid recruiting consultants, 2 single day college camps (about $150 total).

5. Club VB is a killer (mostly due to hotels) but Title IX should make that a low risk investment in the future. (I offset 2/3 of that cost by coaching for the club)

6. Don’t make this an us vs them competition, dude. It’s possible to want every kid to succeed. 

Thank you.  Only to the upper middle class to upper class can 6k a year be considered 'low cost'. Of course that cost is after basically a taxpayer funded subsidy.