Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC Week 5

Castle (3-1) at Evansville Central (3-1)
GAME TIME: 7 pm CT, Bear Den.
COACHES: Doug Hurt, 101-54 in 14th year at Castle. Sean Coultis, 3-1 in 1st year at Central.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Central, 70.38, 56th overall, 11th in 4A. Castle, 58.59, 99th overall, 21st in 5A.
LAST OUTING: Castle defeated Evansville Bosse, 37-0. Central defeated Evansville Reitz, 42-0.
VS. COMMON FOES: Castle 2-0; Central 2-0.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Castle 5-11. Central 6-6.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: Castle, 27-13
LAST MEETING: Central, 41-34, Sep. 14, 2018.
jh PREDICTION: Central, 24-17.
Evansville Bosse (1-3) at Evansville Memorial (4-0)
GAME TIME: 7 pm CT, Enlow Field.
COACHES: Eric Schnur, 8-38 in 5th year at Bosse. John Hurley, 91-54 in 12th year at Memorial.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Memorial, 80.08, 28th overall, 4th in 4A. Bosse, 27.67, 230th overall, 46th in 3A.
LAST OUTING: Bosse lost to Castle, 37-0. Memorial defeated Evansville Mater Dei, 10-3.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Bosse 7-9. Memorial 8-8.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: Memorial, 32-8
LAST MEETING: Memorial, 63-14, Sep. 14, 2018.
jh PREDICTION: Memorial, 42-7.
Evansville North (2-2) at Evansville Mater Dei (3-1)
GAME TIME: 7 pm CT, Reitz Bowl.
COACHES: Joey Paridaen, 3-11 in 2nd year at North, 39-44 in 8th year overall. Mike Goebel, 220-69 in 23rd year at Mater Dei.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Mater Dei, 69.31, 58th overall, 3rd in 2A. North, 64.35, 75th overall, 19th in 5A.
LAST OUTING: North defeated Evansville Harrison, 49-6. Mater Dei lost to Evansville Memorial, 10-3.
VS. COMMON FOES: North 1-1; Mater Dei 1-1.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: North 5-7. Mater Dei 8-8.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: Mater Dei, 24-11
LAST MEETING: Mater Dei, 50-14, Sep. 14, 2018.
jh PREDICTION: Mater Dei, 31-30.
Evansville Reitz (1-3) at Evansville Harrison (0-4)
GAME TIME: 7 pm CT, Romain Stadium.
COACHES: Andy Hape, 54-19 in 7th year at Reitz. Lane Oxley, 4-20 in 3rd year at Harrison.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Reitz, 44.4, 152nd overall, 38th in 4A. Harrison, 28.91, 220th overall, 48th in 4A.
LAST OUTING: Reitz lost to Evansville Central, 42-0. Harrison lost to Evansville North, 49-6.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Reitz 6-2. Harrison 10-6.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: Reitz, 34-11
LAST MEETING: Reitz, 40-13, Sep. 14, 2018.
jh PREDICTION: Harrison, 24-23.

The Tigers remain undefeated after an defensive battles against Mater Dei. Central came up big and blanked Reitz, making a statement. 

52 minutes ago, sr1 said:

His post starts off with "I heard today" and your question is when did you hear this? Do you want to know the exact time of day or can he just round to the nearest hour.

Typical referee's sense of humor.  I believe the original poster was simply implying that he doubted the authenticity of the rumor.

• Thanks 1

I think this is just an unfounded  rumor because if we have, our coach wasn't aware of it when I talked to him after seeing these posts on my way back from the Colts game in Nashville yesterday afternoon.  We do have a random screening policy that all students are subject to as a condition of enrollment and the first random tests of the 2019-2020 school year were Friday.  As background, my sophomore son was selected last year in the spring and the email we received notifying us that our son was randomly selected also said it would take 2 weeks before we were notified of the results.  My recollection is that it didn't take that long, but it was a week or so before we learned the results were negative.  I believe Mater Dei has the same policy.  I'm curious though, do any other SIAC schools have a similar random screening policy?  

On 9/16/2019 at 8:33 AM, tango said:

I think this is just an unfounded  rumor because if we have, our coach wasn't aware of it when I talked to him after seeing these posts on my way back from the Colts game in Nashville yesterday afternoon.  We do have a random screening policy that all students are subject to as a condition of enrollment and the first random tests of the 2019-2020 school year were Friday.  As background, my sophomore son was selected last year in the spring and the email we received notifying us that our son was randomly selected also said it would take 2 weeks before we were notified of the results.  My recollection is that it didn't take that long, but it was a week or so before we learned the results were negative.  I believe Mater Dei has the same policy.  I'm curious though, do any other SIAC schools have a similar random screening policy?  

What is the consequence of a positive test?

26 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

What is the consequence of a positive test?

I believe the 1st offense is sitting 20% of the season (which I'm not sure how they calculate when it applies to other extra-curricular activities).   I can't remember if 2nd offense is 1 year or 1 season.  3rd offense is death by honey and fire ants.  The policy is stupid because it is not applied consistently across all schools in the conference.  Plus,  kid who does nothing at at school can't be punished because there is nothing to take away.    

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, tango said:

I believe the 1st offense is sitting 20% of the season (which I'm not sure how they calculate when it applies to other extra-curricular activities).   I can't remember if 2nd offense is 1 year or 1 season.  3rd offense is death by honey and fire ants.  The policy is stupid because it is not applied consistently across all schools in the conference.  Plus,  kid who does nothing at at school can't be punished because there is nothing to take away.    

Yeah...that doesn't seem fair.

Final Scores 

24-14 Memorial over Bosse 

45-27, Mater Dei over North 

49-6, Reitz over Harrison 

38-7, Central over Castle 

Any thoughts of the games? Memorial struggled offensively the whole night against Bosse, but Bosse did fight one hell of a game. 2 tough games for Memorial coming up the next 2 weeks, at Reitz and playing Central home. 

Able to watch Memorial the last two weeks.  Well coached club, but they just don’t have the horses this year. Central will win by 14 plus. North RB might be the most explosive player in city.  Bosse should take applications for a new offensive line coach. How is Harrison so incompetent? Large student body, athletes, no excuse for what they have become. Considering what they were under Coach Marsh. Just a down year over all in the SIAC. Maybe MD, and Gipson Southern can make a run. 

3 hours ago, Evansville50 said:

Able to watch Memorial the last two weeks.  Well coached club, but they just don’t have the horses this year. Central will win by 14 plus. North RB might be the most explosive player in city.  Bosse should take applications for a new offensive line coach. How is Harrison so incompetent? Large student body, athletes, no excuse for what they have become. Considering what they were under Coach Marsh. Just a down year over all in the SIAC. Maybe MD, and Gipson Southern can make a run. 

Gibson, not Gipson.  And what does them moaking a run have to do with the SIAC?  Just wondering.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2019 at 6:36 PM, Evansville50 said:

And large student body?  At 1250 only Bosse and Central have a smaller enrollment than Harrison in the SIAC, of the public schools.  

27 minutes ago, Evansville50 said:

Central’s is relatively close Memorial and MD are around half. They compete almost every year at the top. I don’t know exact numbers, I’m sure you will let me know since you are the grammar/ typo police. No excuse for Harrison to be this bad year after year.  

MD is around 500 and Memorial is 600.