Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Don't know about y'all, but this season is going by way too quickly!
Here we are getting ready to start WEEK #5 of HNAC Football

Thanks to everyone that has made our little part of the state and big success..... We have been high on the 'views' counter much of the season.

Here are the HNAC games for this week ..... What Say You?

Friday, Sep. 20
Crispus Attucks at Pioneer, 7:30 pm
Glenn at Knox, 7:30 pm
LaVille at Caston ©, 7 pm
Triton at Culver ©, 7 pm
Winamac at North Judson ©, 7:30 pm

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

58 minutes ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Thanks to everyone that has made our little part of the state and big success..... We have been high on the 'views' counter much of the season.

Friday, Sep. 20
Triton at Culver ©, 7 pm

from_the_sidelines007

Panthers

Knox

Laville

Culver

Judson

1 hour ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Friday, Sep. 20
Triton at Culver ©, 7 pm

from_the_sidelines007

Pioneer takes care of business at home. 42-7

Caston needs to join the Midwest conference!!!  Laville by a lot!

Knox beats Glenn at home 35-21

Culver runs all over Triton but the Trojans throw all over Cavs.  Culver 35-28

Winamac starts to turn things around, beats NJ in a close one. 21-14

Edited by SteelCurtain88

3 hours ago, SteelCurtain88 said:

Caston needs to join the Midwest conference!!!  Laville by a lot

Agreed.

Might have been a fun conference when Caston had a bigger roster. When you're excited to get a guy back from injury to get you to 16 guys... Ouch.

I knew the day they joined the HNAC that it would be pretty rough on Caston Football program.

The old MWC was tough for a school like Caston to compete, but the HNAC is much tougher.

1 hour ago, Hoosier Hawk said:

Agreed.

Might have been a fun conference when Caston had a bigger roster. When you're excited to get a guy back from injury to get you to 16 guys... Ouch.

I knew the day they joined the HNAC that it would be pretty rough on Caston Football program.

The old MWC was tough for a school like Caston to compete, but the HNAC is much tougher.

At first i think the OG plan was the conference to be Winamac, West Central, Caston, Pioneer, North White, Knox, North Judson and Culver.

West Central drug their feet and North White initially thought the HNAC wasn't gonna happen. West Central thought about it. NW said no.. Then once everything was taking shape..  West Central finally jumped in, NW asked to be put in but was told no after LaVille and Triton swooped in without hesitation basically. 

Caston could compete in that original HNAC but once Triton and LaVille joined... Itd be a struggle. 

Frontier, TC and SN threw a major hissy fit when we all separated. Not sure if they'd let Caston back in and Caston would have to eat a lot of crow.

6 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Winamac at Judson looks on paper as the game of the week 

it appears so! 

I remember being a kid and always looked towards to this game and WC. I think this game nowadays lost a lot of its luster...it seems the kids on both sides don't get jacked up for this game..as they used to. I guess im apart of that old guard now. 

Should be a fun one!

6 hours ago, MarshallCounty said:

The run defense for Triton needs to tighten it up this week against Culver. I would pack the box and dare Culver to pass.

I don't see Triton stopping Culver's run game but im not so sure Culver can stop Triton's pass game. 

North Judson scored twice on Culver via Air and capitalized on some turnovers...Triton does that. They got a shot. I dont think theres much of a diff 4-7 in the HNAC.

Edited by Ultimate Warrior

7 hours ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Friday, Sep. 20
Triton at Culver ©, 7 pm

from_the_sidelines007

Pioneer by 48

Knox by 28

LaVille...by as many as Coach H wants. 

Ill go Culver 42. Triton 20. I think itll be close for 3 Q but Culver wears down the trojans. 

As for Winamac/North Judson. I don't really have a clue. As of this past Sat.. Winamac played the 2nd toughest 1a schedule according to sagarin SOS...which will go down as they get farther into the season.

North Judson lost to NN and Knox two tough teams...and beat Culver after Culver had 4+ turnovers. 

NJ is young on the OL/DL. North Judson has some senior skilled guys but most are new to the offensive side this year. Lambert will have his boys ready to go. 

Winamac's played decent for 3 Q against LaVille. I liked some of the things the Warriors did against the Lancers and what they did early against Pioneer. 

I think the Warriors will put 4 Q together and escape liberty field with a win. 22-20. 

5 hours ago, Ultimate Warrior said:

I don't see Triton stopping Culver's run game but im not so sure Culver can stop Triton's pass game. 

North Judson scored twice on Culver via Air and capitalized on some turnovers...Triton does that. They got a shot. I dont think theres much of a diff 4-7 in the HNAC.

If Culver has Lautt back, I see their line and big backs controlling the game. Culver has moved the ball consistently against everyone, but self destructed at times with turnovers. Their pass defense is improving with Sullivan’s return, but still vulnerable. In the end, I see them pulling this one out on Homecoming night 

I strongly agree Caston should have stayed in the Midwest conference.  There was a day and time when they were very competitive in that conference.  It is time for the school administration to start a move to get back in the Midwest Conference.  Do what is best for your student athletes!!!  Put yourself where you are competitive and save your program.  This has to come from the top.  Does the administration have the ___________ to do this?  Will the Midwest Conference take them back?  I would hope so.  The Midwest was always a great small school conference.   To me it is a Win Win situation for both parties.   Enough said.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CoachSnyder said:

I strongly agree Caston should have stayed in the Midwest conference.  There was a day and time when they were very competitive in that conference.  It is time for the school administration to start a move to get back in the Midwest Conference.  Do what is best for your student athletes!!!  Put yourself where you are competitive and save your program.  This has to come from the top.  Does the administration have the ___________ to do this?  Will the Midwest Conference take them back?  I would hope so.  The Midwest was always a great small school conference.   To me it is a Win Win situation for both parties.   Enough said.

I always thought a Northfield, Southwood, Eastern, Taylor, Wabash, North Miami and Caston would make better fits as a conf. 

For the life of me I don't see this conference lasting more than 10 years. 

4 hours ago, AubbeenaubeeCav said:

If Culver has Lautt back, I see their line and big backs controlling the game. Culver has moved the ball consistently against everyone, but self destructed at times with turnovers. Their pass defense is improving with Sullivan’s return, but still vulnerable. In the end, I see them pulling this one out on Homecoming night 

Ill be looking forward to our culver game too. Last year was really exciting, we couldn't stop you on O. You couldn't stop us on O. We had 6 starters out (which might have made it more exciting since i thought we were gonna get mauled) and 2 more left the game that night. I cant wait to see my little cousin play for the cavs. Hes got the rest of this year and next year then hell be in HS. 

Edited by Ultimate Warrior

11 hours ago, CoachSnyder said:

I’ve heard from multiple AD’s of the MWC and they all said that they would let Caston back into the conference basically without hesitation. I knew this conference would be tough and by far Caston is the smallest school in this conference by far right? I mean who is the closest pioneer how many kids do they usually graduate a class? Caston is normally graduating 50ish kids. I think part of the reason participation is down is because of the conference and the team getting beat on so much the MWC would be perfect for the program to go back up. Is there any sport Caston really competes well in? Basketball isn’t very competitive,Cross Country if that counts, wrestling I don’t know a lot about other teams but I know that Caston participation is down and is a small team, track and field no idea, baseball I mean it’s competitive imo I watched Caston play LaVille and I know LaVille was the best team in the conference in baseball and Caston seemed to play well against them i don’t know about other teams though. I think it’s the administration that won’t move them even though it would be better for the student athletes it must be money maybe I really don’t know.

I do know the original excuse to leave the MWC was travel distance mainly SN I assume but looking at it all I think they travel the same distance everywhere else as they did before it doesn’t really make a whole lot of sense to me but at least I have an excuse to go through this forum it’s definitely better than the MWC forum.

43 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Travel distance is a cop out.   

Schedule Volleyball games on a Saturday if that is an issue 

Concur Caston to MWC would be very beneficial to all 

My only qualm about the MWC currently is that the majority of the schools in that conference have major issues with very low numbers. Some of those programs are only a few unfortunate injuries from canceling their seasons or canceling a game or two, plus the 1A schools in the MWC have got to be consolidation risks. 

I guess it's a risk worth taking though from a competitive standpoint.

It just amazes me how fortunate Pioneer has been lately with the talent of some of their programs, despite having an enrollment of 270ish. Pioneer had state finals appearances in three sports last year alone. It's crazy because a lot of the surrounding 1A schools struggle to even compete in many sports.

Edited by AG
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Rambo69 said:

I’ve heard from multiple AD’s of the MWC and they all said that they would let Caston back into the conference basically without hesitation. I knew this conference would be tough and by far Caston is the smallest school in this conference by far right? I mean who is the closest pioneer how many kids do they usually graduate a class? Caston is normally graduating 50ish kids. I think part of the reason participation is down is because of the conference and the team getting beat on so much the MWC would be perfect for the program to go back up. Is there any sport Caston really competes well in? Basketball isn’t very competitive,Cross Country if that counts, wrestling I don’t know a lot about other teams but I know that Caston participation is down and is a small team, track and field no idea, baseball I mean it’s competitive imo I watched Caston play LaVille and I know LaVille was the best team in the conference in baseball and Caston seemed to play well against them i don’t know about other teams though. I think it’s the administration that won’t move them even though it would be better for the student athletes it must be money maybe I really don’t know.

According to the 19-20 classifications, enrollments are:

Caston - 211, Culver - 239, Triton - 270, Pioneer - 288, NJSP - 331, Winamac - 376, LaVille - 386, Knox - 571

It seems Caston is experiencing exactly what Culver and Triton were feeling in the old NSC (related to football).  It was difficult to compete year in and year out.  Pretty hard to build excitement for the program when you get trounced 5-6 times a year!

Personally I would love to see Bremen (509) replace Caston in the conference.  The Lions would bring excellent competition in almost every boys and girls sport!  

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, FinePrint said:

According to the 19-20 classifications, enrollments are:

Caston - 211, Culver - 239, Triton - 270, Pioneer - 288, NJSP - 331, Winamac - 376, LaVille - 386, Knox - 571

It seems Caston is experiencing exactly what Culver and Triton were feeling in the old NSC (related to football).  It was difficult to compete year in and year out.  Pretty hard to build excitement for the program when you get trounced 5-6 times a year!

Personally I would love to see Bremen (509) replace Caston in the conference.  The Lions would bring excellent competition in almost every boys and girls sport!  

Out of pure selfishness, I would love to see a team South of Pioneer join, due to the fact that I live an hour South of Pioneer and as of now I make it to 1-2 games a year. Luckily I have RTCTV4 to watch. 

1 hour ago, AG said:

Out of pure selfishness, I would love to see a team South of Pioneer join, due to the fact that I live an hour South of Pioneer and as of now I make it to 1-2 games a year. Luckily I have RTCTV4 to watch. 

Northwestern. Western. Hamilton Heights. Cass. Tipton. Twin Lakes. Pioneer. 

Why not? 

3 hours ago, Ultimate Warrior said:

Northwestern. Western. Hamilton Heights. Cass. Tipton. Twin Lakes. Pioneer. 

Why not? 

That would work and would be in my backyard, although 4A Western might crush Pioneer in a few sports or when they're down. Maybe take away HH and add Peru and Maconaquah for 8.

Edited by AG

And here I thought this was suppose to be bout week 5 in HNAC 😁                                                  I expect pioneer to take care of business 31-10.   I think Glenn could give Knox trouble in 1st half but I'll take Knox 28-10.                                       Laville will run up score 55-0.                               Like Culver when they dont fumble Culver 38-14 over Triton                                                         Winamac will win by 3 scores.  Have hung with 2 good teams this year in 1st half.   Finishes this week.    Warriors 31 - blue Jay's 13