Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Shelbyville on the brink of Contraction?

Guest DT

2 hours ago, Gipper said:

Muda, stop replying as you have been ignored.  I can’t read your drivel and am sure no one else wants to see it.  But, I will submit the thumbs down are a nice touch, then again my 13-year-old daughter has more maturity than that.

Thank you for your support.  

• Haha 1
  • Disdain 1

1 hour ago, Temptation said:

Still waiting on permission to make official score predictions on this one...

How does Ralph get his kids up for this game?

12 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

I would play this clip:

If that doesn't get a high school football team fired up regardless of the competition, nothing will.

Outstanding!

On 9/24/2019 at 6:10 PM, DT said:

What has happened to the once proud Shelbyville football program?

Numbers down significantly.  

Uncompetitive on the field.

Apathetic fan base.

Broken feeder system

Poor administrative support?

All signs of pending contraction.

This is a big one.  

+

Student body makeup is 12.5% hispanic according to the DOE website.  I see the boys and girls basketball teams are not exactly lighting the world on fire either.  Seems that the community has no interest in high school athletics and their seems to be a total lack of school spirit at Shelbyville.

• Disdain 2

58 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Student body makeup is 12.5% hispanic according to the DOE website.  I see the boys and girls basketball teams are not exactly lighting the world on fire either.  Seems that the community has no interest in high school athletics and their seems to be a total lack of school spirit at Shelbyville.

Southridge is 23% hispanic according to the DOE website. They have been to Semistate last year and won state the year before in football in 2A.  Won a boys basketball sectional two years ago in 3A. Won a wrestling sectional last year. Went to state in baseball last year in 2A. Girls won a sectional in 2A softball last year. Not sure that having a hispanic student body makes any difference.

• Like 6