Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PARKE HERITAGE vs NORTH VERMILLION

3 minutes ago, itiswhatitis said:

It's actually, The River Moore.  It IS located in the wheat land of Western Austrailia.  It was named in 1836 by Corporal Patrick Heffron after his expedition leader, George Fletcher Moore, Advocate-General.  The river is prone to periodic destructive flooding.  And they don't have any end zone cameras to monitor the flooding.  Hope this information helps you with your geography report.  Look it up on Wikpedia. I dare you!

Bull butter! It's named after Brian Moore. Next thing you'll try to tell me is that the city of Moore, Oklahoma isn't named after Coach Moore.

I am assuming there will be no extra bleachers brought in to the game Friday night? 

i know Rockville brought some in years ago when Linton came to town. And I’ve been to a few other games over the years when this happened. 

So let me ask this. Has anyone been to a game where the visiting teams fans took a seat or section on the home teams side? 

3 minutes ago, Oldbleacherfan said:

I am assuming there will be no extra bleachers brought in to the game Friday night? 

i know Rockville brought some in years ago when Linton came to town. And I’ve been to a few other games over the years when this happened. 

So let me ask this. Has anyone been to a game where the visiting teams fans took a seat or section on the home teams side? 

Yes.  I think North Knox would likely have this happen often considering the layout of the field and seating design. Personally I've never sat at their visitor bleachers in my lifetime. I'm sure there are other schools where it's fairly common. 

4 hours ago, Tanka Jahari said:

Bull butter! It's named after Brian Moore. Next thing you'll try to tell me is that the city of Moore, Oklahoma isn't named after Coach Moore.

I lived a couple of exits south of Moore in Norman and it's named Moore because it's "moore" likely to be hit by a tornado than Norman.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lp3coda said:

Yes.  I think North Knox would likely have this happen often considering the layout of the field and seating design. Personally I've never sat at their visitor bleachers in my lifetime. I'm sure there are other schools where it's fairly common. 

I would neverbut for some older fans that can’t stand the entire time it might be an option?  The worst thing about NV is they have an 8 lane track with the fence behind(nice facilities) so you’re a long  way away from field. Field was surrounded the first rematch. 

Does linton still tape off around field and stand at each end zone? That way you could watch from 10 yards away instead of 30. Maybe it’s not allowed in sectionals can @Miner_Pride tell us?  

Coach Crabtree aka @Woody_Hayes, I know your busy but could you let us know if there’s any additional seating. Lots of family coming to town and I need to know if I need to take a half day at work to be there at 4 pm. Lol 

Where will each team play at if they win?

4 hours ago, Oldbleacherfan said:

I would neverbut for some older fans that can’t stand the entire time it might be an option?  The worst thing about NV is they have an 8 lane track with the fence behind(nice facilities) so you’re a long  way away from field. Field was surrounded the first rematch. 

Does linton still tape off around field and stand at each end zone? That way you could watch from 10 yards away instead of 30. Maybe it’s not allowed in sectionals can @Miner_Pride tell us?  

Coach Crabtree aka @Woody_Hayes, I know your busy but could you let us know if there’s any additional seating. Lots of family coming to town and I need to know if I need to take a half day at work to be there at 4 pm. Lol 

Where will each team play at if they win?

Not all the time.. but yes indeed our AD opens up the track in 'Big Games" so that people can essentially walk alongside field separated by a yellow rope. In my playing days it  was like this every game... then they redid the whole thing and with the new track and fence separated fans from the track.  It really was a sight to see!  Before I started broadcasting..I would walk the sidelines as well... Loved hearing the action up close... 

Wanted to give a shout out to foxbat, always a pleasure to bump into ya in a thread. 🙂

Settle down Tanka, you'll take your petting and like it.  ESPECIALLY if it gets me revoked from your fart sandwiches. (not sure that first part came out right)

I think I'm going to agree with the folks who are saying the cold temps are probably going to play a factor in the passing game plan for both teams.  If PH is pass heavy and that gets clamped down by coverage and or drops because of the cold temps, then a one dimensional PH run team doesn't scare me as much as a potentially one dimensional NV run team. 

2 minutes ago, Miner_Pride said:

Not all the time.. but yes indeed our AD opens up the track in 'Big Games" so that people can essentially walk alongside field separated by a yellow rope. In my playing days it  was like this every game... then they redid the whole thing and with the new track and fence separated fans from the track.  It really was a sight to see!  Before I started broadcasting..I would walk the sidelines as well... Loved hearing the action up close... 

And have your nice white socks turn almost completely black by the end of the night from the old track. My mom LOVED me for that. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Oldbleacherfan said:

I’m sorry. I have no idea about the seating arrangement. I’m just trying to figure out how to beat the best coach in the history of the Wabash River Conference for the second time in the same season. I’d bring lawn chairs just to be safe. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So often the sequel does not live up to the first meeting between teams.  Each game is different, yielding different results.  With that being said, it's hard to envision either one of these teams blowing the other out.  One would expect it to be nip & tuck throughout.  

This game will be decided by one factor and one factor only- Can Parke Heritage manage NV's run game

So often the sequel does not live up to the first meeting between teams.  Each game is different, yielding different results.  With that being said, it's hard to envision either one of these teams blowing the other out.  Most expect it to be nip & tuck throughout.  

This game will be decided by one factor and one factor only- Can Parke Heritage manage NV's run game?  Everything else is secondary.  At some point, in order to win high school football games at this level, you have to be able to run the ball and defend the run.  If they can slow the NV run game down, they have a great chance.   How many points their offense can score is insignificant if they are unable to do that.  

As always, you hope injuries do not swing the game one way or another.  

Since I'm a contrarian by nature, I predict something will happen to make the sequel not as interesting as the first meeting.   Since everyone is expecting a ton of points and a close game, I'll go the opposite direction 

Falcons 28-14

**Sorry for partial repeat of my post.

Edited by Reb08

13 hours ago, Miner_Pride said:

I remember my first experience at Linton when I was coaching at West Vigo in 2006. We were surrounded by a sea of Red. The house across from the north end zone had some die hard Linton fans, lol. They weren't afraid to let us know how we were doing! It was a great game. Not often you get out of there with a win like we did.

22 minutes ago, Reb08 said:

This game will be decided by one factor and one factor only- Can Parke Heritage manage NV's run game?  Everything else is secondary.  At some point, in order to win high school football games at this level, you have to be able to run the ball and defend the run.  If they can slow the NV run game down, they have a great chance.   How many points their offense can score is insignificant if they are unable to do that.  

Since I'm a contrarian by nature, I predict something will happen to make the sequel not as interesting as the first meeting.   Since everyone is expecting a ton of points and a close game, I'll go the opposite direction 

Reb I hope you’re wrong about it not being as good of a game as the first! Man that was fun to witness. 

Like I said at the beginning of the thread, I agree with you that if the wolves want to win they have to stop the NV run game and NV has to slow down White passing to the receivers (especially Johnson) if they want to win.

They do say defense wins championships! 

Thanks @Woody_Hayesfor your reply. I’m gonna take a half day to insure my seat. 

@Miner_Pride

Thanks for info. Hopefully Mr. Brown does this and makes it an even more surreal atmosphere for the kids. 

57 minutes ago, Garman54 said:

I remember my first experience at Linton when I was coaching at West Vigo in 2006. We were surrounded by a sea of Red. The house across from the north end zone had some die hard Linton fans, lol. They weren't afraid to let us know how we were doing! It was a great game. Not often you get out of there with a win like we did.

I remember the first meeting with the Sullivan kid at RB.. we lost 14-0.   Then a few years later we had gotten to the WV 5 or less...poised to score and win, and QB threw a pick that looked to be a pick 6, and he ran across the field to tackle the Viking at about our 5.  

13 hours ago, Woody_Hayes said:

I’m sorry. I have no idea about the seating arrangement. I’m just trying to figure out how to beat the best coach in the history of the Wabash River Conference for the second time in the same season. I’d bring lawn chairs just to be safe. 

With 3 yards and a cloud of dust or in this case some rolling corn leaves and a little mud.  You will be ok Coach.

2 hours ago, wrcsage said:

Juggernauts win championships.  I do not think NV can hold the Wolfs under 40 this time around.  

But will PH hold North Vermillion under 40?  LOL  Park Heritage is NO "juggernaut".  If you knew what that word meant, you wouldn't call them that.  A nice team maybe, but juggernaut?  Hardly.

Edited by itiswhatitis

5 hours ago, Reb08 said:

So often the sequel does not live up to the first meeting between teams.  Each game is different, yielding different results.  With that being said, it's hard to envision either one of these teams blowing the other out.  Most expect it to be nip & tuck throughout.  

Falcons 28-14

**Sorry for partial repeat of my post.

Is reb making the trip??

NV will be healthy and prepared for this one. PH will be ready for vengeance. PH will score first again like last time, but nv will get the final laugh again.. 35-24 Falcons... 

If Ben Blank is wearing socks up to his knees, it’s over for the Wolves!