Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

The Coronavirus - a virus from eating bats, an accident or something sinister gone wrong?

swordfish

https://nypost.com/2020/04/20/unconscionable-for-released-inmates-to-commit-crimes-de-blasio/?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=SocialFlow&utm_source=NYPTwitter&__twitter_impression=true

It is “unconscionable” that Riker’s Island inmates who were released due to coronavirus concerns are committing new crimes, Mayor Bill de Blasio said Monday.

“I think it’s unconscionable just on a human level that folks were shown mercy and this is what some of them have done,” the mayor said during his morning briefing Monday, which came on the heels of a Post report outlining the issue.

De Blasio said the number of re-offenders remains relatively small and said the city was “buckling down” on monitoring and supervising released prisoners.

“We do see some recidivism. I have not seen a huge amount but any amount is obviously troubling,” he said.

“We’re going to just keep buckling down on it, making sure there’s close monitoring and supervision to the maximum step possible. And the NYPD is going to keep doing what they’re doing.”

More than 1,400 city inmates have been granted early releases due to concerns of the spread of coronavirus inside jailhouses, Hizzoner said.

The Post reported Sunday that at least 50 of the newly released Riker’s Island prisoners were rearrested for new crimes in recent weeks — and in some cases were cut loose again.

The Legal Aid Society, Bronx Defenders and other legal defense groups have been petitioning courts since the outbreak of the deadly global pandemic, arguing that inmates, particularly those who are older or have medical conditions, are more vulnerable to the deadly bug within the confines of city jails.

The releases have helped drop the inmate population at Riker’s Island under 4,000 for the first time since the World War II era, city officials said.

City officials said last week that more than 300 inmates and 500 correction department employees have tested positive for COVID-19, with at least two inmates killed by the virus.

I can buy into a liberal policy releasing non-violent offenders in this instance ..... but "Once bitten twice shy" - you get arrested that quick , you are in for the duration dude, don't ask to get out again....

On 4/12/2020 at 2:55 PM, Howe said:

His contribution to this forum is serial abuse the "disdain"  feature to the point where one or more moderator(s) awarded Muda with 20,000 positive points. 

Apparently BARRYOSAMA and gonzoron share the same user account.

1.  thumbs-down-512.png  BARRYOSAMA reacted to a post in a topic: The Democrat's roster for a Trump - beater in 2020 22 minutes ago
  2.  thumbs-down-512.png  BARRYOSAMA reacted to a post in a topic: The Democrat's roster for a Trump - beater in 2020 22 minutes ago
  3.  thumbs-down-512.png  BARRYOSAMA reacted to a post in a topic: The Democrat's roster for a Trump - beater in 2020 19 hours ago
  4.  react_like.png  gonzoron reacted to a post in a topic: 2019 Death Watch/Pool Friday at 12:54 PM
  5.  react_like.png  gonzoron reacted to a post in a topic: New Donald Trump thread Friday at 12:54 PM
  6.  react_like.png  gonzoron reacted to a post in a topic: The Last Few Days Exemplify Why I'm Libertarian (and Why You Should Be Too) Friday at 12:53 PM
  7.  react_like.png  gonzoron reacted to a post in a topic: Memes - Abandon all hope - Ye who enter.... Friday at 12:53 PM
  8.  react_like.png  gonzoron reacted to a post in a topic: Alexandria Ocasoi-Cortez - Needs her own thread..... Friday at 12:53 PM
  9.  react_like.png  gonzoron reacted to a post in a topic: HNAC offseason Friday at 12:53 PM
  10.  react_like.png  gonzoron reacted to a post in a topic: New Donald Trump thread Friday at 12:53 PM
  11.  react_like.png  gonzoron reacted to a post in a topic: New Donald Trump thread Friday at 12:53 PM
  12.  react_like.png  gonzoron reacted to a post in a topic: A Little Interesting Friday at 12:53 PM
  13.  react_like.png  gonzoron reacted to a post in a topic: New Donald Trump thread Friday at 12:52 PM
  • Disdain 1

https://www.wdrb.com/in-depth/deaths-from-covid-19-spike-in-indiana/article_d418a624-83e7-11ea-8ca3-070ba6d2ec4e.html

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- Indiana reported a surge in COVID-19 deaths Tuesday, an increase that comes a day after a top health official said the state would start disclosing cases of Hoosiers who also presumably died from the illness.

The 61 new deaths -- ranging between April 7 and Monday -- are the most announced in a single day since the first death was confirmed in mid-March. That accounts for just under 10 percent of the state's total fatalities related to the infection.

The previous one-day high was 55 deaths on April 15. In all, 630 Hoosiers have died after contracting the respiratory disease caused by the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus. 

Indiana reported 431 new cases of COVID-19. That's lower than the 505 new infections included in Monday's statewide data, but the Indiana State Department of Health said in a news release that the new figure is likely lower than the actual number of new cases. 

"The new cases and new tests reported today are lower than expected due to a technology issue and should not be interpreted as a decline in new infections," the department said in a news release. "The additional positive cases not included in today’s report will be captured in the coming days and reflected appropriately."

Indiana's health commissioner, Dr. Kristina Box, said Monday the state would begin listing presumptive COVID-19 deaths this week to better reflect the scope of the illness. Those deaths will include people who weren't diagnosed but died after likely contracting it, according to medical experts. 

Presumptive....?  Well isn't that convenient........It's almost like States need to get the numbers higher, but why?  Maybe to get closer to the 60,000 "target" the country is having trouble reaching?  Or maybe the states get more funding with more deaths?  

"He got hit by a bus, but since he was having trouble breathing on his own when he died, it must be Coronovirus related...."

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1
  • Kill me now 1

4 hours ago, Howe said:

Apparently BARRYOSAMA and gonzoron share the same user account.

1.   thumbs-down-512.png TrojanBad reacted to a post in a topic: The Coronavirus - a virus from eating bats, an accident or something sinister gone wrong? 21 minutes ago
  2.  thumbs-down-512.png  TrojanBad reacted to a post in a topic: The Coronavirus - a virus from eating bats, an accident or something sinister gone wrong? 21 minutes ago
  3.  thumbs-down-512.png  TrojanBad reacted to a post in a topic: The Coronavirus - a virus from eating bats, an accident or something sinister gone wrong? 21 minutes ago
  4.  thumbs-down-512.png  TrojanBad reacted to a post in a topic: The Coronavirus - a virus from eating bats, an accident or something sinister gone wrong? 21 minutes ago
  5.  thumbs-down-512.png  TrojanBad reacted to a post in a topic: The Coronavirus - a virus from eating bats, an accident or something sinister gone wrong? 21 minutes ago
  6.  thumbs-down-512.png  TrojanBad reacted to a post in a topic: The Coronavirus - a virus from eating bats, an accident or something sinister gone wrong? 21 minutes ago
  7.  thumbs-down-512.png  TrojanBad reacted to a post in a topic: The Coronavirus - a virus from eating bats, an accident or something sinister gone wrong? 21 minutes ago
  8.  thumbs-down-512.png  TrojanBad reacted to a post in a topic: The Democrat's roster for a Trump - beater in 2020 22 minutes ago
  9.  thumbs-down-512.png  TrojanBad reacted to a post in a topic: The Democrat's roster for a Trump - beater in 2020 22 minutes ago
  10.  thumbs-down-512.png  TrojanBad reacted to a post in a topic: The Democrat's roster for a Trump - beater in 2020 19 hours ago
  11.  react_like.png  gonzoron reacted to a post in a topic: 2019 Death Watch/Pool Friday at 12:54 PM
  12.  react_like.png  gonzoron reacted to a post in a topic: New Donald Trump thread Friday at 12:54 PM
  13.  react_like.png  gonzoron reacted to a post in a topic: The Last Few Days Exemplify Why I'm Libertarian (and Why You Should Be Too) Friday at 12:53 PM
  14.  react_like.png  gonzoron reacted to a post in a topic: Memes - Abandon all hope - Ye who enter.... Friday at 12:53 PM
  15.  react_like.png  gonzoron reacted to a post in a topic: Alexandria Ocasoi-Cortez - Needs her own thread..... Friday at 12:53 PM
  16.  react_like.png  gonzoron reacted to a post in a topic: HNAC offseason Friday at 12:53 PM
  17.  react_like.png  gonzoron reacted to a post in a topic: New Donald Trump thread Friday at 12:53 PM
  18.  react_like.png  gonzoron reacted to a post in a topic: New Donald Trump thread Friday at 12:53 PM
  19.  react_like.png  gonzoron reacted to a post in a topic: A Little Interesting Friday at 12:53 PM
  20.  react_like.png  gonzoron reacted to a post in a topic: New Donald Trump thread Friday at 12:52 PM

What brilliant type of logic brings you to that conclusion? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TrojanDad said:

Not a Bill Maher fan, but he makes great points with this talk......

The content of this video is common sense for normal people. This video is intended to bring common sense to libtards.

• Disdain 1

Bill Maher has a considerable challenge attempting to bring common sense to libtards. These brain dead mindless zombies have been brainwashed by their liberal mainstream media fake news.

• Disdain 1

47 minutes ago, Howe said:

Bill Maher has a considerable challenge attempting to bring common sense to libtards. These brain dead mindless zombies have been brainwashed by their liberal mainstream media fake news.

Here’s some well-intentioned free advice. Like most free advice, it may be worth no more than what you paid for it.😜

You have a legitimate point of view on these and other issues, and it adds to the open discussion that makes the GID worthwhile. But when your posts are continually laced with Limbaugh/Hannity/FoxNews conservative-speak, e.g., “libtards,” “liberal mainstream media,” “fake news,” it makes it way too easy for those of an opposing viewpoint to dismiss your points as being made by a “right-wing nut.” If you actually want people to take your views seriously, consider making the points without the meaningless rhetoric as a side-dressing.

Of course, if being taken seriously is not one of your objectives, as opposed to just venting after a few beers without actually saying anything of substance, have at it.

As I said, just some well-intentioned advice.

Edited by Bobref
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Here’s some well-intentioned free advice. Like most free advice, it may be worth no more than what you paid for it.😜

You have a legitimate point of view on these and other issues, and it adds to the open discussion that makes the GID worthwhile. But when your posts are continually laced with Limbaugh/Hannity/FoxNews conservative-speak, e.g., “libtards,” “liberal mainstream media,” “fake news,” it makes it way too easy for those of an opposing viewpoint to dismiss your points as being made by a “right-wing nut.” If you actually want people to take your views seriously, consider making the points without the meaningless rhetoric as a side-dressing.

Of course, if being taken seriously is not one of your objectives, as opposed to just venting after a few beers without actually saying anything of substance, have at it.

As I said, just some well-intentioned advice.

The liberal mainstream media is indeed fake news. Their approval rating is terrible. Of course, Fox is also fake news too. I haven't posted any Limbaugh articles or videos. He is too much like Glen Beck.  I am unable to watch more than a few minutes of Hannity without turning the channel. I rarely post his videos. I do watch Tucker Carlson of Fox News and frequently post his videos. I do post a lot of videos and opinions from far left podcasts. I spend a lot more time gathering information and opinions from the far left than Limbaugh or Hannity.

I have previously stated my definition of a libtard as typically a perfectly intelligent individual who suffers from Trump Derangement Syndrome and fails to apply common sense. My sister is a microbiologist. Her husband is a pathologist. Both are perfectly intelligent and highly educated yet are libtards who still drink the Russia hoax and Mueller Dossier kool aid. I have 13 other siblings and we all think she has lost her mind. I have little tolerance for this type of mentality.

Thank you for the advise.

• Disdain 1