Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Should we return to play on schedule?

On 7/11/2020 at 1:56 PM, Plymouthfan91 said:

I think that @bombkicker is the true voice of reason on this thread.  You have @oldtimeqb and @DannEllenwood who feel the virus is leftist plot to take away freedoms and you also have people who feel we shouldn't play at all.  We all need to show proper respect to the safety measures and wear a mask and social distance and demand it by our athletes when they can do it.  We will face bumps along the way but we must follow the rules to protect each other.

On 7/11/2020 at 1:05 PM, bombkicker said:

1. Lake County has 2nd most cases in the state, Not sure what else I can do about that.

2. I was teaching this year and returned to Nursing full time in March...Please see 1. 

3. I am honored to be stereotyped as a typical football coach, being a nurse and former college placekicker and all. 

4. How do you know its not like that in Fort Wayne? MY entire reason for posting is that people assume hospitals are overwhelmed and sinking. Its absolutely Not true in Lake County Indiana. Can this change, of course and if it does I wont be so high on going back to school and playing football. But if it doesn't change, then what are we doing?

Thanks for answering.  I'll ignore that man who I wonder what he teaches in his classes.  I wonder how he treats kids who are immigrants or undocumented... I wonder how he treats children with ideas which are different than his...

1.  So they are not being hospitalized...or not getting there to your hospital...or it isn't that bad.

2. Gotcha.

3.  That wasn't the stereotype I was getting at.  See our peers here. Remember, I've been teaching for 20 years.   🙂

4.  I know it isn't like that here because of my friends who work at Parkview, Lutheran, and Dupont Hospitals.  They are taking in large numbers of patients from the surrounding counties as well, so not just a localized thing here.  But they see it every day and they are continually reminding us to wear masks and take good care.  

• Like 1

On 7/11/2020 at 12:45 PM, OldschoolFB said:

Add Robert to the list of people actively cheering against playing sports.  Solutions are offered to you and you insult the person.   Having a positive attitude and trying to find a solution isn’t a negative.  

Um, not at all.  I'm not at all cheering not to have sports.  I'm cheering not to have anyone get hurt or die from this virus.  Don't be dumb@$$.  I have three kids.  I'd like to see them all graduate.  I'd like to see them all get married.  My dad died when I was in the 5th grade.  I was being sincere and was offering a sincere opinion.  I work with some people who fit some stereotypical 1950's teacher models that do not work in 2020.  I see that in some of the posters here.  I've been in workshops and have given workshops where people ask questions about things.....never mind.  Believe what you want. 

On 7/11/2020 at 1:51 PM, DannEllenwood said:

Yeah. Just you. 

Oh @Robert  😂 

No, not just him.  I told my boss I'd volunteer to teach any class I'm licensed for this year if need be.  We all should do the same.  Do whatever we can to help. 

Yes?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Robert said:

I'd be interested in knowing how you teach.

Once again, this is a HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL MESSAGE BOARD.  Despite folks’ personal beliefs, they can still maintain neutrality as PROFESSIONALS when on the clock/payroll.

Stop pretending to know someone and profile them based on what they post on the internet.  Otherwise, you are part of the problem.

1 minute ago, Temptation said:

Stop pretending to know someone and profile them based on what they post on the internet.  Otherwise, you are part of the problem.

not saying this is the case here, HOWEVER, if it just the internet, or social media, then why do folks lose their job all the time whether if it is in teaching or other professions by comments that they have made online, on video or otherwise?    

I know that I have sat in meetings where this has been discussed over my tenure in this profession.   

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

not saying this is the case here, HOWEVER, if it just the internet, or social media, then why do folks lose their job all the time whether if it is in teaching or other professions by comments that they have made online, on video or otherwise?    

I know that I have sat in meetings where this has been discussed over my tenure in this profession.   

Because some folks have no brake pedal and no zero bounds.  No one should be fired over something posted on social media unless it’s egregious.  The cancel culture searches for things to get offended by every day but an OPINION (as most have stated on here no matter how unpopular) should never require an apology not be grounds for termination.  Hell folks are getting “offended” retroactively and demand justice for things said decades ago.  It’s beyond insane.

27 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Pot Meet Kettle Gif GIFs | Tenor

You are the exception.  There’s no hope for you.

Edited by Guest

in my LONG time on here both as poster back in the infancy days of 1999 and the last 10 years as someone who has helped run the website, I know for a FACT that posters have been called into offices of their bosses about things they have said on the website.   

Whether you agree with that stance or not, it has happened.   

To each their own but what your definition of "egregious" may not be the same as someone who makes decisions that determined your placement of employment   

What is there to hide then around here?   Why have you asked to have the leadership team hide screenshots you have put on here because it had information about your employment?    I mean, its just a message board right??  Why use @Temptation and not your real name?   What are you afraid of?   

Please do not misconstrue my asking that question that I am trying to get you to reveal to the GID world your identity, but don't you think its hypocritical that you want your opinions protected on here by a screen name vs folks looking for cancel culture ?  

I really do not care if folks use real names or Coach so and so  or screen names.   Really don't but my guess that folks who have strong opinions on variety of topics would think twice under their real name vs screen name on here for just one example.   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

in my LONG time on here both as poster back in the infancy days of 1999 and the last 10 years as someone who has helped run the website, I know for a FACT that posters have been called into offices of their bosses about things they have said on the website.   

To each their own but what your definition of "egregious" may not be the same as someone who makes decisions that determined your placement of employment   

What is there to hide then around here?   Why have you asked to have the leadership team hide screenshots you have put on here because it had information about your employment?    I mean, its just a message board right??  Why use @Temptation and not your real name?   What are you afraid of?   

Please do not misconstrue my asking that question that I am trying to get you to reveal to the GID world your identity, but don't you think its hypocritical that you want your opinions protected on here by a screen name vs folks looking for cancel culture ?  

I really do not care if folks use real names or Coach so and so  or screen names.   Really don't but my guess that folks who have strong opinions on variety of topics would think twice under their real name vs screen name on here for just one example.   

Temptation has special meaning to me for various reasons.  I want my privacy protected most importantly because many folks (not specifically on here) are different beasts in life when it comes to the internet.  They say/do things they would not do in person and I do not want to be contacted independently of this message board.  (That is what the PM feature is for.)  It’s fun...or at least it’s supposed to be.  I come here for entertainment and because I’m passionate about high school athletics.  I can’t speak for others however.

I’m not some online hero.  What you see is what you get.  I want to be protected FROM the craziness that permeates many online mediums, NOT from my individual opinions on various subjects.

I’m not denying that folks have stated things online that have caused them difficulty in the workplace.  But I don’t agree with it.  I use data and facts in nearly EVERY ONE of my opinions and discussions.  Nothing about facts crosses the line and qualifies as “egregious” behavior.

6 hours ago, gonzoron said:

You're correct, it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter that you're wrong either. That chart shows reputation points, NOT positive votes. Try again. But continue being the thread police, it's pretty comical. 

thats confuses me... does that mean that pic of you as a hippie brought down your reputation points ? I can see why if so  ( ;

• Haha 1

again, I didn't say anything in this thread has from my opinion, but I do not sign checks either    

1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

3 hours ago, Robert said:

Thanks for answering.  I'll ignore that man who I wonder what he teaches in his classes.  I wonder how he treats kids who are immigrants or undocumented... I wonder how he treats children with ideas which are different than his...

1.  So they are not being hospitalized...or not getting there to your hospital...or it isn't that bad.

2. Gotcha.

3.  That wasn't the stereotype I was getting at.  See our peers here. Remember, I've been teaching for 20 years.   🙂

4.  I know it isn't like that here because of my friends who work at Parkview, Lutheran, and Dupont Hospitals.  They are taking in large numbers of patients from the surrounding counties as well, so not just a localized thing here.  But they see it every day and they are continually reminding us to wear masks and take good care.  

If you are directing at me. I only teach facts. Isn’t that our jobs. Some of those facts I may not agree with personally, but I always ONLY teach facts. 
You do mean ILLEGAL not undocumented. 

13 minutes ago, dazed and confused said:

looks to me like this came after his

😂 

2 hours ago, Robert said:

I'd be interested in knowing how you teach.

Facts. You?  Well if you call people, who are in our country illegally, undocumented, then I see you don’t teach facts. They are called illegal aliens. Illegal immigrants. 

38 minutes ago, dazed and confused said:

thats confuses me... does that mean that pic of you as a hippie brought down your reputation points ? I can see why if so  ( ;

Highly likely. Wonder if it's too late to ask the Admins to hide it?

2 hours ago, Temptation said:

No one should be fired over something posted on social media unless it’s egregious.

Would you consider a Facebook post where a person said “Been at work an hour, thought about quitting twice, gonna be a great day!” to be egregious?

25 minutes ago, DanteEstonia said:

Would you consider a Facebook post where a person said “Been at work an hour, thought about quitting twice, gonna be a great day!” to be egregious?

Nope.

4 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Cancel culture. 

3 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

👋