Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Should we return to play on schedule?

2 hours ago, bombkicker said:

This is what I do know, we have a covid unit in the ER I work at. Nurses fight over taking that unit cause its the easiest one. We have been barely getting  patients there for WEEKS. Currently my hospital has 3 patients admitted for covid.  3! We are now 7 days post a holiday that included 0 social distancing. Shouldnt that number be way higher???

-Adam Hudak

Head Coach Wheeler High School

15 years ER Nurse

Can you/they volunteer in a harder hit area?  ...rejoice that things are hunky-dory in your area?  Be thankful? I've seen this comment in other places, but typical football coach mentality/stereotype is screaming through this site lately.  Maybe it's just me.

• Like 1
  • Sit and spin 1

4 minutes ago, Robert said:

Can you/they volunteer in a harder hit area?  ...rejoice that things are hunky-dory in your area?  Be thankful? I've seen this comment in other places, but typical football coach mentality/stereotype is screaming through this site lately.  Maybe it's just me.

Add Robert to the list of people actively cheering against playing sports.  Solutions are offered to you and you insult the person.   Having a positive attitude and trying to find a solution isn’t a negative.  

13 minutes ago, Robert said:

1. Lake County has 2nd most cases in the state, Not sure what else I can do about that.

2. I was teaching this year and returned to Nursing full time in March...Please see 1. 

3. I am honored to be stereotyped as a typical football coach, being a nurse and former college placekicker and all. 

4. How do you know its not like that in Fort Wayne? MY entire reason for posting is that people assume hospitals are overwhelmed and sinking. Its absolutely Not true in Lake County Indiana. Can this change, of course and if it does I wont be so high on going back to school and playing football. But if it doesn't change, then what are we doing?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, bombkicker said:

1. Lake County has 2nd most cases in the state, Not sure what else I can do about that.

2. I was teaching this year and returned to Nursing full time in March...Please see 1. 

3. I am honored to be stereotyped as a typical football coach, being a nurse and former college placekicker and all. 

4. How do you know its not like that in Fort Wayne? MY entire reason for posting is that people assume hospitals are overwhelmed and sinking. Its absolutely Not true in Lake County Indiana. Can this change, of course and if it does I wont be so high on going back to school and playing football. But if it doesn't change, then what are we doing?

I feel like some lose sight of this.

58 minutes ago, OldschoolFB said:

I second Dann-O’s approval. 

Book it!  😂 

See. Here’s a YUGE difference between libs and conservatives. Conservatives have a sense of humor. Libs. Eh. Haven’t met one yet. 😉 

Just saw this. 
Facts matter people. 
FACTS over fear. 
LETS ROLL!!!!!!

See you 8/14 and 8/15

F01837C2-EB77-4A13-A882-172CED8EEB97.png

1 hour ago, Robert said:

Yeah. Just you. 

47 minutes ago, bombkicker said:

Oh @Robert  😂 

52 minutes ago, bombkicker said:

I think that @bombkicker is the true voice of reason on this thread.  You have @oldtimeqb and @DannEllenwood who feel the virus is leftist plot to take away freedoms and you also have people who feel we shouldn't play at all.  We all need to show proper respect to the safety measures and wear a mask and social distance and demand it by our athletes when they can do it.  We will face bumps along the way but we must follow the rules to protect each other.

Edited by Plymouthfan91
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Plymouthfan91 said:

I think that @bombkicker is the true voice of reason on this thread.  You have @oldtimeqb and @DannEllenwood who feel the virus is leftist plot to take away freedoms and you also have people who feel we shouldn't play at all.  We all need to show proper respect to the safety measures and wear a mask and social distance and demand it by our athletes when they can do it.  We will face bumps along the way but we must follow the rules to protect each other.

Facts over fear sporty. 

42 minutes ago, dazed and confused said:

none of those 3 comes to mind  ( :

See. A liberal who has no sense of humor. 

30 minutes ago, Plymouthfan91 said:

image014.png

See. FACTS over fear. 
*POTENTIAL*. 
Oh you silly guys. 

See. I took my talents elsewhere today. Home Depot and Meijer. Isn’t freedom great?

Guess what?  They took my money. 
God Bless 🇺🇸 

ALL LIVES MATTER. 

46 minutes ago, dazed and confused said:

none of those 3 comes to mind  ( :

That’s fine little guy.

Feel free time call me, Dann. DannEllenwood or Mr Ellenwood. 
Be well. It must suck to live a life always mad at the world. 
God Bless 🇺🇸 

ALL LIVES MATTER

And I find it hilarious all these keyboard “warriors” hiding behind a screen name but don’t have the *Michelle Obama’s* to (to quote stat boy), “not only talk the talk, but walk the walk.”  (Something to that extent). 

On 7/5/2020 at 8:19 AM, wabashalwaysfights said:

Over/under on this thread: 3 pages

Who had the over? I should have set it at about 5-6, but I also didn't consult Vegas so...

1 hour ago, Plymouthfan91 said:

image014.png

I saw this circulating on social media a while back.  The problem with this logic has to do with the perception of danger.  

If I'm being honest, the "no shirt, no shoes, no service" thing never made any sense to me other than, well, we don't all need to see that...

Traffic laws: unfortunately, I think we probably have all seen the effects of people not following traffic laws.  Without really even thinking about it, I can think of at least 3-4 instances from my 4 years of high school alone where I have friends either killed or nearly killed because they were not obeying the rules of the road.  This includes speed limits.  Does this mean that I do not speed? Come on. But when I am written a ticket for breaking those rules? I do accept that because I can readily conjure up an image of what happens, or could happen if I don't

OSHA safety regulations: if you work in an occupation which sees heavy OSHA regulation (my assumption is "blue collar" work) you are probably also trained very early on in your carrier as to the dangers of what happens if you do not follow those regulations.  This likely includes images or video of some pretty graphic stuff and or seeing other individuals you work with who suffered the consequences of not following those regulations.  The example that comes most to mind is if you are working with someone who is missing a digit.

Airlines: again, we can conjure images of what may happen if we do not abide by the safety standards in an airplane because air travel is general considered more dangerous than conventional ground travel.  Here, we are influenced by anything from personal experience (bad turbulence) or movies.

TSA: 9/11. Moving on...

With Covid-19, there is a break from that perception.  We can look at charts and graphs and "data" or anything else we want, but ultimately if an individual does not perceive danger, it is not seen as being dangerous and therefore not that big a deal.

1 hour ago, DannEllenwood said:

And I find it hilarious all these keyboard “warriors” hiding behind a screen name but don’t have the *Michelle Obama’s* to (to quote stat boy), “not only talk the talk, but walk the walk.”  (Something to that extent). 

I have and will call out our area businesses for not following the rules.  I have written letters to the editor in my local paper and also called the mayor to discuss his lack of leadership during this pandemic.  I have sent numerous emails and had numerous discussions with our school administration. (My Bosses) To tell them my feelings on how things are going with in the schools.  Not a keyboard warrior.  I will challenge those that defy real science and make them listen to what the healthcare professionals are saying.  

Now for you I see a man who finishes his messages with "ALL LIVES MATTER" but he wouldn't dare say that anywhere or to anyone other than on this message board.  I'm sure you are a great person and I agree that we can disagree but if you are so sure of your convictions let's see you do something for your community other than bark about your beliefs on a message board.  

51 minutes ago, Plymouthfan91 said:

I have and will call out our area businesses for not following the rules.  I have written letters to the editor in my local paper and also called the mayor to discuss his lack of leadership during this pandemic.  I have sent numerous emails and had numerous discussions with our school administration. (My Bosses) To tell them my feelings on how things are going with in the schools.  Not a keyboard warrior.  I will challenge those that defy real science and make them listen to what the healthcare professionals are saying.  

Now for you I see a man who finishes his messages with "ALL LIVES MATTER" but he wouldn't dare say that anywhere or to anyone other than on this message board.  I'm sure you are a great person and I agree that we can disagree but if you are so sure of your convictions let's see you do something for your community other than bark about your beliefs on a message board.  

I’m sure you have Karen. 

Come have a meal with me. I’ll buy. I’ll tell you the same thing in person as I do right here (notice my name is here and yours isn’t. 🤔). All. Lives. Matter. Why on earth would I ever be ashamed of saying that?

4 minutes ago, dazed and confused said:

that pisses me off...never        NEVER                       NEVER         CALL ME A LIBERAL !!!

you're not as smart as you think you are but you are as smart as I think you are !

Triggered level 100! 😂 

1 hour ago, wabashalwaysfights said:

Who had the over? I should have set it at about 5-6, but I also didn't consult Vegas so...

I saw this circulating on social media a while back.  The problem with this logic has to do with the perception of danger.  

If I'm being honest, the "no shirt, no shoes, no service" thing never made any sense to me other than, well, we don't all need to see that...

no shirt no shoes is a sanitary thing but I agree we don't need to see that !

1 minute ago, DannEllenwood said:

I’m sure you have Karen. 

Come have a meal with me. I’ll buy. I’ll tell you the same thing in person as I do right here (notice my name is here and yours isn’t. 🤔). All. Lives. Matter. Why on earth would I ever be ashamed of saying that?

Triggered level 100! 😂 

yawn !      

56 minutes ago, Plymouthfan91 said:

What else would you like to see me do?  I work as a teacher. I am an official. I volunteer in my church’s youth group. I volunteer at my church. I volunteer to supervise on my off nights. I volunteer to tutor. I volunteered extra tutoring during e learning. I think you are barking at the wrong person. You done?  

6 hours ago, Plymouthfan91 said:

I'm glad the cases in your area are in the safe zone.  I totally agree that we have been spared the problems that are happening in the larger cities in our country.  Now my question to you as a healthcare professional:

Should all people, when out in public, wear masks when indoors and also outdoors when social distancing can't be maintained?  

Here’s a few for 💩s and giggles. 

14A63951-6F81-466B-A06A-0C0428EE39EC.jpeg

9E156796-4731-4375-A5BD-F78E29694AB0.jpeg