Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Need Week 2 Game

18 hours ago, Titan32 said:

I'm telling ya...the show will go on even with a chunk of schools not participating.  Which is better than a condensed spring schedule any day of the week.  Because one thing is certain, having to manage "cases" and preventative measures won't be gone in the spring either.  Vaccine or not.

With the PAC, you have schools with their own separate school corps, so it is a different animal than a more urban conference.   I'm afraid that in the SIAC, once kids return to the schools and the number of reported cases rise (and kids are required to stay home for 10-14 days or whatever the guideline is) it will be a quick domino effect.  If the EVSC decides to cancel, that will take out Memorial and Mater Dei, and then Castle, Jasper and Vincennes are left to either cancel or try to patch together a schedule.  I predict by 8/15, EVSC, the Catholic schools, and Warrick School Corp will have all decided to cancel the fall seasons.   

27 minutes ago, tango said:

With the PAC, you have schools with their own separate school corps, so it is a different animal than a more urban conference.   I'm afraid that in the SIAC, once kids return to the schools and the number of reported cases rise (and kids are required to stay home for 10-14 days or whatever the guideline is) it will be a quick domino effect.  If the EVSC decides to cancel, that will take out Memorial and Mater Dei, and then Castle, Jasper and Vincennes are left to either cancel or try to patch together a schedule.  I predict by 8/15, EVSC, the Catholic schools, and Warrick School Corp will have all decided to cancel the fall seasons.   

I have to respectfully disagree.  Unless there is a monumental failure in terms of how "cases" are handled, this shouldn't be that tough.  As long as rudimentary case counts don't drive decision making, we can work through it.  

6 hours ago, Titan32 said:

There are three Indiana schools that play an Illinois school on week two.  Chatard, Andrean and Chesterton.

A dream would be one heck of a drive for either team. 

I vote GS VS WARREN. I would make the drive for sure 

9 minutes ago, Warren05 said:

A dream would be one heck of a drive for either team. 

I vote GS VS WARREN. I would make the drive for sure 

We are just a little school in a corn field.  Nothing to see here for Warren LOL.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

We are just a little school in a corn field.  Nothing to see here for Warren LOL.

Oh pish posh give your guys some more credit than that. I just would like to come down there and watch a game. What better way than watching Warren play there 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Lafayette Jeff and Gibson Southern ??    Jeff I believe was set to play Lawerence Central 

Terre Haute North is game as well.  Only 1 hour and 20 minutes up 41.

Edited by Titan32

10 minutes ago, sr1 said:

Looks like Warren Central won't be playing anyone in week two. Marion County just shut down football until October 1st.

Or maybe not. Looks like this is the recommendation of the Marion County Health Department Director Virginia Caine. Waiting to see if her recommendation is adopted.

1 minute ago, Titan32 said:

In that case...New Pal is open!

There we go 

1 minute ago, sr1 said:

Or maybe not. Looks like this is the recommendation of the Marion County Health Department Director Virginia Caine. Waiting to see if her recommendation is adopted.

Hard for a Superintendents to go against the recommendations of their county Health Director. 

20 hours ago, psaboy said:

I'm not sure about that. If they played there (Gib S) it would be interesting IMO. Probably differnet if GS played at WC. I hear Gib S has a good QB though, may be able to keep competitive??? Keep within 14-21??

One QB wouldn’t change the outcome of that game. Warren central would hurt Gibson Southern players

Did I see someone suggest Chatard May be available for week 2?

if that’s the case the conversation should not mention any other teams 😂. GS fans want that game. I’m sure the chatard fan base will be good for it too....it’s a 3A semi state game that we all would love to see in the regular season 

@GSHSFootball will host Missouri 5A Jackson High School on Saturday, August 29 at 1:00 PM.  Jackson finished runner-up in the MO state championship game in 2019.  This game will take the place of Owensboro who had to cancel due KHSAA guidelines.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

@GSHSFootball will host Missouri 5A Jackson High School on Saturday, August 29 at 1:00 PM.  Jackson finished runner-up in the MO state championship game in 2019.  This game will take the place of Owensboro who had to cancel due KHSAA guidelines.

That’s great.

Now I can admit I was secretly hoping Ohio would ban out of state opponents and Brownsburg would be open week 2. 

That’s the matchup I really wanted to see. 😀

• Haha 1

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 1:42 PM, Coach Nowlin said:

Will there be an influx of Illinois Student athletes coming across the border?    NWI could be a benefactor of this 

Add select players from Watseka, Paxton-Buckley-Loda, and Dwight to South Newton's roster a look out!  We're talking juggernaut...

29 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Sweet!  Best of luck...

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

This team really isn’t playing around this year lol. They are making sure they get to play tough opponents week in and week out