Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC Week 2

Evansville Central (1-0) at Evansville Bosse (0-1)
GAME TIME: 7 pm CT, Enlow Field.
COACHES: Sean Coultis, 10-3 in 2nd year at Central. DaMarcus Ganaway, 0-1 in 1st year at Bosse.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Central, 76.1, 43rd overall, 10th in 4A. Bosse, 41.42, 215th overall, 43rd in 3A.
LAST OUTING: Central defeated Evansville Mater Dei, 21-0. Bosse lost to Vincennes Lincoln, 41-13.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Central 0-1. Bosse 1-0.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: Central, 28-8
LAST MEETING: Central, 45-6, Sep. 6, 2019.
jh PREDICTION: Central, 45-0.
Evansville Harrison (0-1) at Jasper (1-0)
GAME TIME: 7:30 pm ET, Brewer Field.
COACHES: Mo Sutton, 0-1 in 1st year at Harrison. Tony Lewis, 7-4 in 2nd year at Jasper, 138-70 in 19th year overall.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Jasper, 71.86, 57th overall, 14th in 4A. Harrison, 35.97, 243rd overall, 53rd in 4A.
LAST OUTING: Harrison lost to Evansville Reitz, 52-26. Jasper defeated Evansville Memorial, 14-3.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Harrison 1-0. Jasper 0-1.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: Tied, 3-3
LAST MEETING: Jasper, 34-12, Oct. 19, 2018, sectional.
jh PREDICTION: Jasper, 35-0.
Evansville Memorial (0-1) at Evansville North (1-0)
GAME TIME: 7 pm CT, Bundrant Stadium.
COACHES: John Hurley, 100-56 in 13th year at Memorial. Joey Paridaen, 7-14 in 3rd year at North, 43-47 in 9th year overall.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Memorial, 66.31, 79th overall, 22nd in 4A. North, 64.56, 89th overall, 20th in 5A.
LAST OUTING: Memorial lost to Jasper, 14-3. North defeated Castle, 14-7.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Memorial 1-0. North 0-1.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: Memorial, 24-11
LAST MEETING: Memorial, 40-28, Sep. 6, 2019.
jh PREDICTION: Memorial, 31-0.
Evansville Reitz (1-0) at Vincennes Lincoln (1-0)
GAME TIME: 7:30 pm ET, Inman Field.
COACHES: Cory Brunson, 1-0 in 1st year at Reitz, 35-40 in 8th year overall. Levi Salters, 26-10 in 4th year at Vincennes.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Reitz, 59.47, 120th overall, 32nd in 4A. Vincennes, 57.42, 133rd overall, 25th in 3A.
LAST OUTING: Reitz defeated Evansville Harrison, 52-26. Vincennes defeated Evansville Bosse, 41-13.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Reitz 0-1. Vincennes 0-1.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: Reitz, 3-1
LAST MEETING: Vincennes Lincoln won, 1991, sectional.
jh PREDICTION: Reitz, 42-35.
Castle (0-1) at Evansville Mater Dei (0-1)
GAME TIME: 7 pm CT, Reitz Bowl.
COACHES: Doug Hurt, 104-59 in 15th year at Castle. Mike Goebel, 227-72 in 24th year at Mater Dei.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Castle, 61.15, 109th overall, 24th in 5A. Mater Dei, 60.82, 112th overall, 6th in 2A.
LAST OUTING: Castle lost to Evansville North, 14-7. Mater Dei lost to Evansville Central, 21-0.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Castle 1-0. Mater Dei 1-0.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: Mater Dei, 18-17
LAST MEETING: Castle, 13-0, Sep. 27, 2019.
jh PREDICTION: Mater Dei, 10-9.

I think the Memorial-North prediction is wrong 

My predictions: 

Central over Bosse 

Jasper over Harrison 

North over Memorial, another upset 

Reitz over VL, will be a close one 

Castle over MD, barely 

Edited by TigerFan20

The Tigers will have to get better upfront quick. The 4 sophomores on OL will be good just need reps. Friday they struggled but never quit vs Jasper.  Looks like offense was way behind D in most games. Total yards less than 300 for several teams.  Expect offenses across the board to become more efficient and effective as the season moves forward.  I’ll be interested to see where teams are in 3 or 4 weeks. 

28 minutes ago, Screagle said:

The Tigers will have to get better upfront quick. The 4 sophomores on OL will be good just need reps. Friday they struggled but never quit vs Jasper.  Looks like offense was way behind D in most games. Total yards less than 300 for several teams.  Expect offenses across the board to become more efficient and effective as the season moves forward.  I’ll be interested to see where teams are in 3 or 4 weeks. 

4 sophomores on the OL bodes well for the next few years!  Having that chemistry will make for an easy life for whoever is under center or running the ball. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Would really make for an interesting season if Memorial is able to beat North.

If MD can take out Castle that makes it even more interesting.

I'm still not a big Central believer.  They still seemed undisciplined on Friday night (as did MD) and their offense didn't do a whole lot with consistent short fields that resulted from turnovers. 

@TigerFan20 North over Memorial would not be an upset IMO.  North beat a good Castle team in a close game.  Memorial has to find a way to establish a running game and finish drives.  If they can't it might be a long night for the Tigers.  I also think we need to limit the number of players going both ways for so many plays.  We got worn down by the 4th Q at Jasper.     

22 hours ago, tango said:

@TigerFan20 North over Memorial would not be an upset IMO.  North beat a good Castle team in a close game.  Memorial has to find a way to establish a running game and finish drives.  If they can't it might be a long night for the Tigers.  I also think we need to limit the number of players going both ways for so many plays.  We got worn down by the 4th Q at Jasper.     

Let's see how it goes tomorrow, heard it's going to be rainy

On 8/27/2020 at 10:04 PM, TransplantedPanther said:

The game at North will be the game of the night. Reitz @ Lincoln will be a good game. The other games will (or should) be rollovers. 

And it was...painful to watch at times, but exciting. I think I counted 8 or 9 turnovers between the two teams. Many, many penalties as well...even for this early in the season it was quite sloppy. 

Felt like VL played really well but couldn’t finish at the end of each half, which was when Reitz scored all of their points.

5 hours ago, SEAL_63 said:

And it was...painful to watch at times, but exciting. I think I counted 8 or 9 turnovers between the two teams. Many, many penalties as well...even for this early in the season it was quite sloppy. 

Felt like VL played really well but couldn’t finish at the end of each half, which was when Reitz scored all of their points.

Wish I could have been there, but I didn’t find out that they were doing different attendance rules than Evansville until last night. 

Folks, Lincoln is open to 50% (not 500 total), but you have to purchase your tickets in advance. Might be a little more work to drive up there, but general public tickets are sold on Thursday evening from 5-7. They have a video on their Facebook page that explains it all. 

13 hours ago, TransplantedPanther said:

Wish I could have been there, but I didn’t find out that they were doing different attendance rules than Evansville until last night. 

Folks, Lincoln is open to 50% (not 500 total), but you have to purchase your tickets in advance. Might be a little more work to drive up there, but general public tickets are sold on Thursday evening from 5-7. They have a video on their Facebook page that explains it all. 

Yes that’s 5p-7p at Inman Field. Families of visiting players, coaches, and cheerleaders will take precedence...not sure if that means an allotted number of tickets are sent to the visiting team for that school to sell through the week or what.

I didn’t realize the protocols were so different compared to Evansville otherwise I would’ve posted this sooner. 

Edited by SEAL_63

1 hour ago, SEAL_63 said:

Yes that’s 5p-7p at Inman Field. Families of visiting players, coaches, and cheerleaders will take precedence...not sure if that means an allotted number of tickets are sent to the visiting team for that school to sell through the week or what.

I didn’t realize the protocols were so different compared to Evansville otherwise I would’ve posted this sooner. 

What in Gods name is that thing?  No way I’ll sleep now.

15 hours ago, TransplantedPanther said:

I think same for jasper but it looked like more than 50% week 1.  Stadiums are big enough for 50% and keeping distant.