Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PAC Week 4

It appears Harrell's predictions are looking better after a few weeks of stats and results.  I think i'll take GS by a few TD's other than that, i'll agree with the JH predictions.

Interesting game this week as MTV travels to Owensboro Cath.  I think Catholic is a tradition rich program and Mount Vernon is off to its best start in awhile.  Do we call this one the game of the week, or does GS-Boonvegas get the designation, or maybe even NP vs TC?

Something that may be worth noting this week....Coach Hart has the chance to tie the great Jack Jewell for most wins all time at Gibson Southern should they come away with the win vs Boonville.  Of course this doesn’t take into account that Coach Jewell also coached at Ft. Branch High School before consolidation happened to create GS.  I think he had 120ish wins total including Ft. Branch.  

Just thought it was interesting considering this is only year 9 with Coach Hart and he is knocking at the door of this achievement.  Big game this week with Boonville.  They are a good team.  Hopefully we can get it done. 

here are the Gibson Southern Coaching records over the years 

41B3D1B8-0C20-4C2A-912F-DABD3226A9A0.jpeg.fdae788c39cf97cbc2279c3872fceceb.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sr1 said:

I just read that Gibson Southern High School is going to online learning this week. Some students have tested positive for Covid-19. No idea if any football players are involved.

It’s all of south GIbson. Elementary/middle schools too. 

might be for the best if the players don’t have to intermingle with everyone but rather just those playing the same sport. 

10 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

It’s all of south GIbson. Elementary/middle schools too. 

might be for the best if the players don’t have to intermingle with everyone but rather just those playing the same sport. 

1 freshman football player involved.  This is GSHS only...not the elementary/middle schools.  It is only to buy some time for contact tracing around a couple positives in the building.

5 hours ago, Titan32 said:

1 freshman football player involved.  This is GSHS only...not the elementary/middle schools.  It is only to buy some time for contact tracing around a couple positives in the building.

Shut down the ENTIRE building because of a “couple positives in the building??” 

Geez...seems like a bit of an overreach. We’ve had our run-ins, but never thought of shutting down. 

3 hours ago, jets said:

Shut down the ENTIRE building because of a “couple positives in the building??” 

Geez...seems like a bit of an overreach. We’ve had our run-ins, but never thought of shutting down. 

If we had been in school Monday I don't think they would have had to shut down.  The shut down has nothing to do with the Covid cases or fear of more....it's the ridiculous amount of contact tracing that needs to be done....if you do it per state guidelines.  One positive resulted in 15 kids "contact traced" out of school....another positive resulted in 20 additional kids being contract traced out of school.  We have a lot of kids for our building and have spaced out to the best of our ability but achieving 6 feet for everyone is going to take a Hybrid schedule.

Edited by Titan32

10 hours ago, Mockstangboyz said:

Bville vs GS will be very interesting imo if Bville comes out like they did the 2nd half of the HH game last week. 

IMO - Gibson has very little problem with Boonville. Mockabee is legit, but Gibson will have too much. GS by 21 or more...

23 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Something that may be worth noting this week....Coach Hart has the chance to tie the great Jack Jewell for most wins all time at Gibson Southern should they come away with the win vs Boonville.  Of course this doesn’t take into account that Coach Jewell also coached at Ft. Branch High School before consolidation happened to create GS.  I think he had 120ish wins total including Ft. Branch.  

Just thought it was interesting considering this is only year 9 with Coach Hart and he is knocking at the door of this achievement.  Big game this week with Boonville.  They are a good team.  Hopefully we can get it done. 

here are the Gibson Southern Coaching records over the years 

41B3D1B8-0C20-4C2A-912F-DABD3226A9A0.jpeg.fdae788c39cf97cbc2279c3872fceceb.jpeg

Coach Jewell's "over all record" is as follows:

Mitchell, IN HS assistant coach 2 years; Tell City assistant coach 5 years; Fort Branch head coach 1968-1973, with a record of 42-9-3 and undefeated in 1972; Gibson Southern head coach 1974-1986, with a record of 86-45; overall record as head coach for 19 years of 128-54-3 and with only 1 losing season in those 19 years.

4 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Coach Jewell's "over all record" is as follows:

Mitchell, IN HS assistant coach 2 years; Tell City assistant coach 5 years; Fort Branch head coach 1968-1973, with a record of 42-9-3 and undefeated in 1972; Gibson Southern head coach 1974-1986, with a record of 86-45; overall record as head coach for 19 years of 128-54-3 and with only 1 losing season in those 19 years.

Jewell was a legend.  My dad was on his first team at Fort Branch in ‘68 and I was a freshman on his last team in ‘86.  I believe we were the only father / son to be a part of Coach’s programs.

1 hour ago, GS Titan 78 said:

Cappy, I put TC over NP but would love to see the Vikings come out of there with a win.  It's a long haul up there but I expect it will be closer than the 28-14 prediction.     

I would also like to see the Vikings come out of there with a win! 😀 We have the talent to win many games this season, unfortunately we lack confidence and physicality at times. Great group of young men, hoping they can figure it out!

Let’s just see how it plays out vs Boonville.  GS has shown improvement each week.  But this week is the first opponent GS will face that is similar to what we would expect for good playoff teams in 3A. 

Can’t rush to judgment when the only win is vs a struggling Washington team. 

I think the game finishes out at like.....

42-28 GS with a late 4th quarter touchdown to seal it but otherwise a higher scoring game that is reasonably close 

Forest Park @ Tecumseh - by 3 scores

North Posey @ Tell City - by 2 scores 

Gibson Southern @ Boonville - by 3 scores

Phalen Academy @ Princeton - by 2 scores

Mt. Vernon @ Owensboro Catholic - by 3 scores

South Spencer @ Heritage Hills - by 4 scores

North Daviess @ Washington - running clock

Southridge @ Pike Central - running clock

1 hour ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Let’s just see how it plays out vs Boonville.  GS has shown improvement each week.  But this week is the first opponent GS will face that is similar to what we would expect for good playoff teams in 3A. 

Can’t rush to judgment when the only win is vs a struggling Washington team. 

I think the game finishes out at like.....

42-28 GS with a late 4th quarter touchdown to seal it but otherwise a higher scoring game that is reasonably close 

I'm appreciating the confidence in GS from some but I'm not that confident.  Our offense and defense has improved weekly but they have not impressed me either with a wow factor like years past.  Maybe I'm being to critical and my expectations were/are unrealistic.  I want nothing more than for us to come out and bust them in the mouth quick fast and in a hurry.  I will be on here and say I was wrong if we score 42 points against them and win big or by two scores.  I love the Titans and the program.