Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Regional, Carmel at Ben Davis

5 hours ago, Staxawax said:

I’d also go with the Hounds. The Brownsburg score of 21-7 is deceiving. It was never that close. Carmel is poised to win the regional and seek revenge on the trouncing CG gave them in week 2.

Carmel 35

Ben Davis 14

I’m not sure how this was deceiving as Brownsburg had 7 turnovers.

Carmel starting QB is out for this one as well.  Ben Davis is a different team than early and mid-season.  

Should be a dandy of a game.

1 hour ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

I’m not sure how this was deceiving as Brownsburg had 7 turnovers.

Deceiving in that Brownsburg was not going to be in a position to win regardless of the turnovers. Carmel was physically better on both sides of the ball and the advance scouting was spot on.

The series between BD and Carmel is dead even. It's dead even too in the tournament. The remarkable thing is the number of times these two teams have been tied over the last 25  years in this series, but Carmel has never been ahead in the series since 1995. 

I think the Giants come in as the underdogs, but that's happened before most namely the 2014 State Championship Game. The last time these two played, BD actually played decently well defensively for a lot of the game. Carmel hit a number of big plays, and the Giants were not good on the offensive side of the football. I know that they were very disappointed with how they played.

Carmel is playing good football, and I think they are a definite threat to Center Grove. It's going to be a challenge, but it would not surprise me one iota to see Ben Davis come out and play next week. 

Could this be a catch game for Carmel?  Kids maybe looking past Ben Davis and looking forward to a rematch with CG.  You know the Carmel coaches are doing their best of the "one game at a time" and "we are focusing on BD", but how much are the kids listening to this?  I feel BD has found their offense since Carmel held them to 9 points.  And if it is true that the Carmel QB is out, how much of an impact will that have? 

I see this game being a lot closer then the first match-up and Ben Davis pulling the upset in a close game.

4 hours ago, djbowzz said:

Could this be a catch game for Carmel?  Kids maybe looking past Ben Davis and looking forward to a rematch with CG.  You know the Carmel coaches are doing their best of the "one game at a time" and "we are focusing on BD", but how much are the kids listening to this?  I feel BD has found their offense since Carmel held them to 9 points.  And if it is true that the Carmel QB is out, how much of an impact will that have? 

I see this game being a lot closer then the first match-up and Ben Davis pulling the upset in a close game.

BD couldn't finish drives in that game.

On 11/10/2020 at 10:17 AM, djbowzz said:

Toot Toot...lol... What a fun game to watch.

On 11/9/2020 at 2:47 PM, Staxawax said:

I’d also go with the Hounds. The Brownsburg score of 21-7 is deceiving. It was never that close. Carmel is poised to win the regional and seek revenge on the trouncing CG gave them in week 2.

Carmel 35

Ben Davis 14

I like my crow with horse radish and ghost peppers. Good luck BD next week!

26 minutes ago, Knightmare said:

What was the Covid situation for Carmel?  I could be mistaken but it looked like some starters were missing?

They had some injuries, but no one out due to COVID.  

2 hours ago, Dave007 said:

I assume you are sarcastic.

Yes, definitely sarcastic.

2 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

Ben Davis is a program that IS relevant, and will always be relevant!

I agree, just throwing out some sarcasm