Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Regional Championship Scores

56 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

Respectfully, I disagree completely. The Lewellans are great players and carried their team last night. That being said, anyone watching that game could see that Andrean beat themselves way more than Pioneer beat them. Refusing to throw the ball on the outside when it was obvious that Pioneer was having a hard time covering, while instead running the ball directly into a 7-man box repeatedly has to be some of the worst play calling I’ve ever seen. The fake punt call was laughable. Horrible turnovers. One of the worst defensive game plans I’ve ever seen. They started moving the ball at will when they finally decided to start passing, only for our genius coach to call a double move into off double coverage when Pioneer was just trying to protect the end zone. Feel bad for the kids, even though they didn’t play their best, they were still in a position to win at the end, and their coaches squandered it. 

Interesting that the first word in your post is “respectfully,” and then you go on in your zeal to call out the Andrean coaches and disrespect a very worthwhile opponent. Apparently, Pioneer’s players and coaches had little to do with the outcome, it was all just a colossal series of screwups by Andrean. I strongly doubt it.

10 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Interesting that the first word in your post is “respectfully,” and then you go on in your zeal to call out the Andrean coaches and disrespect a very worthwhile opponent. Apparently, Pioneer’s players and coaches had little to do with the outcome, it was all just a colossal series of screwups by Andrean. I strongly doubt it.

Well seeing as you just admitted you didn’t watch the game, I should just disregard your comment altogether. But where did I disrespect Pioneer? They’re a great program and a great team, they played a great game, but apparently I took them more seriously than the Andrean coaching staff did. As for Andrean, other posters who actually watched the game have said similar comments to mine in other threads. Teams beat themselves, anyone that’s ever played a sport knows that, to try to deny that is laughable. And coaches should not be protected from receiving criticism, at least at programs that actually care about results. 

9 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

Well seeing as you just admitted you didn’t watch the game, I should just disregard your comment altogether. But where did I disrespect Pioneer? They’re a great program and a great team, they played a great game, but apparently I took them more seriously than the Andrean coaching staff did. As for Andrean, other posters who actually watched the game have said similar comments to mine in other threads. Teams beat themselves, anyone that’s ever played a sport knows that, to try to deny that is laughable. And coaches should not be protected from receiving criticism, at least at programs that actually care about results. 

Just give Pioneer a little credit. I suspect their play had something to do with Andrean’s difficulties.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Just give Pioneer a little credit. I suspect their play had something to do with Andrean’s difficulties.

Having been a team that's seen Pioneer over and over and over again they need more than a little credit. 

What I'm actually interested in is seeing how things are going to spin in another thread where someone claimed that Andrean should be playing 4A by default ... especially given that they were beaten by a 2A team that was actually visiting 2A for a bit from 1A. 

Should be fun next year as LCC goes up to 2A and I believe that Pioneer stays up in 2A, so those two may get a chance to meet up again just in a different "neighborhood."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, scarab527 said:

Respectfully, I disagree completely. The Lewellans are great players and carried their team last night. That being said, anyone watching that game could see that Andrean beat themselves way more than Pioneer beat them. Refusing to throw the ball on the outside when it was obvious that Pioneer was having a hard time covering, while instead running the ball directly into a 7-man box repeatedly has to be some of the worst play calling I’ve ever seen. The fake punt call was laughable. Horrible turnovers. One of the worst defensive game plans I’ve ever seen. They started moving the ball at will when they finally decided to start passing, only for our genius coach to call a double move into off double coverage when Pioneer was just trying to protect the end zone. Feel bad for the kids, even though they didn’t play their best, they were still in a position to win at the end, and their coaches squandered it. 

I hear you my man.  I have not followed Andrean much this year, besides reading about them, so I will defer to you.

I tend to follow the teams I have officiated to see how their seasons go.  

We were scheduled to have one of Andrean's games this year, but their opponent canceled very early, so we got moved.