Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

3A State Championship: Chatard vs. Danville

3 hours ago, Knightmare said:

I think there is an argument for proximity to students, but it's more of a problem for 1A and 2A programs in extremely rural areas.  Luers, Mater Dei, and Lutheran all benefit from being able to get way more students than say Prairie Heights or North White because of their location in highly populated metro areas.

HOWEVER, this is about Danville and Chatard.  Of course the Tri-West guy is trying to deter the conversation because he doesn't want to see either of these teams in his sectional or regional next year because Danville or Chatard have eliminated the Bruins from the playoffs the last 5 years...

Tri-West guy wishes both teams could lose.  But since that can’t happen, I’ll take a Warrior win over Chatard.  

20 hours ago, Knightmare said:

I think there is an argument for proximity to students, but it's more of a problem for 1A and 2A programs in extremely rural areas.  Luers, Mater Dei, and Lutheran all benefit from being able to get way more students than say Prairie Heights or North White because of their location in highly populated metro areas.

Well, it also depends on how you look at it.  Mater Dei, for example, is in the position of charging $7,000+ for tuition and competing against schools nearby that are free.  Mater Dei loses far more students from its own feeder schools to Reitz each year than it gains from the public grade schools.  I would guess they maybe get 1-2 kids a year from public schools.   

55 minutes ago, tango said:

Well, it also depends on how you look at it.  Mater Dei, for example, is in the position of charging $7,000+ for tuition and competing against schools nearby that are free.  Mater Dei loses far more students from its own feeder schools to Reitz each year than it gains from the public grade schools.  I would guess they maybe get 1-2 kids a year from public schools.   

The problem in Evansville is that the Athletic director for all Evansville schools was the Central Head Coach for years.  Talk about a conflict of interests.  How many kids have all the Evansville schools lost to Central who has been uncharacteristically successful the last 4 seasons???  

But those Mater Dei kids aren't choosing Reitz anymore... pretty sure they are coming to Memorial given the fall of Reitz coincides with the rise of Memorial.  I could be wrong, but I don't think I'm far off.  And I don't think Memorial is "recruiting" those kids, but Memorial has access to more students than say Norwell high school because Memorial is literally in the middle of Evansville.  

The argument is that public schools should be treated the same.  But here's the catch, those public schools cannot control their enrollment where p/p schools can.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Knightmare said:

The problem in Evansville is that the Athletic director for all Evansville schools was the Central Head Coach for years.  Talk about a conflict of interests.  How many kids have all the Evansville schools lost to Central who has been uncharacteristically successful the last 4 seasons???  

But those Mater Dei kids aren't choosing Reitz anymore... pretty sure they are coming to Memorial given the fall of Reitz coincides with the rise of Memorial.  I could be wrong, but I don't think I'm far off.  And I don't think Memorial is "recruiting" those kids, but Memorial has access to more students than say Norwell high school because Memorial is literally in the middle of Evansville.  

The argument is that public schools should be treated the same.  But here's the catch, those public schools cannot control their enrollment where p/p schools can.

I don't disagree with you about the EVSC situation, but Mater Dei isn't losing kids to Memorial or anyone else but Reitz and to a much lesser degree, the charter school (Signature).  Our football success of recent years has not translated to increased enrollment or transfers.  We had a transfer from Bosse who came in after Christmas last year.  In fact, our enrollment has dropped significantly over the last 4 years.  We had 1 player this year (Weinzapfel) from the westside.  His grandfather is Ralph and the whole family went to Memorial despite being from the St. Philips area.  That is an unique and exceptionally rare instance.  

11 hours ago, Trojan said:

Talk on Mater Dei, Reitz, and Tri-West.  Either I missed the point of this thread, or there isn't a whole lot of interest in this game.

I’m a little surprised myself but would guess it will light up a bit today.  Given the last couple of weeks, I think this is a 50/50 game.

19 minutes ago, temptation said:

Growing tiresome all season hearing about how “Public School X” has a great defense...and then they get carved apart immediately.

Hoping the Warriors can make a game of this one.

I rest my case.  Danville giving up 9 points per game on the season and Chatard has 14 points, 12 minutes in...smh.

Just now, temptation said:

Wouldn’t have mattered.  Love to see a coach play to win.  The red ring looks the same whether you lose 21-14 or 49-0.

You punt there, they probably score before the half anyway.

I disagree for two reasons. One make them earn it and two Danville has stopped them or the score would already be worse. Chatard is already better don’t HELP them