Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

HHF/GID Summer Interview Series Complete

Guest DT

Thanks for your support of the Summer Interview Series with Coaches from around the state.  We got some great feedback from the coaches, learned a lot, and discovered a few strong opinions on certain topics along the way.

The next step is to be determined. 

You can help and show your support of this free content here on The GID by sharing the Hoosier High School Football facebook page with your network, including family, friends, work associates, staff, etc.

Enjoy the rest of your summer and looking forward to a great high school football season ahead.

Tim Phillips

Editor

Hoosier High School Football on facebook

https://www.facebook.com/Hoosier-High-School-Football-107360041590757 

HHFLogo.jpg

1 hour ago, MarshallCounty said:

Good job DT.  I enjoyed the content.  I shared the link from Coach Leeper with a Bremen Football page and a Bremen town page, it got a lot of likes.  Hopefully that led to a few follows for your page.  

What are some of your takeaways from hearing from the coaches in many parts of the state?

The response from the Bremen community has been excellent.  

Some observations :

* Small communities have been far and away the strongest supporters and viewers of the interviews

Top 5

Western Boone

Edinburgh

Rensselaer

Lawrenceburg

Gibson Southern

* Best large school response was surprisingly from Carmel

* Biggest disappointment - Fort Wayne Market.  Lots of high school media coverage exists in the market already.

* Most surprising comment - New Pals Kyle Ralph saying the Success factor is a punishment on elite public school programs.  I found it a bit amusing as NP has been doling out quite a bit of punishment for the past 8 years.  LOL

Best PP Response - Andrean                Worst PP Response - Roncalli

General Observation - given their time constraints, the vast majority of the coaches really surprised me with the depth and detail of their responses.  I would not be surprised to see many of these guys advance into high level administrative positions in the future.

6 minutes ago, DT said:

The response from the Bremen community has been excellent.  

Some observations :

* Small communities have been far and away the strongest supporters and viewers of the interviews

Top 5

Western Boone

Edinburgh

Rensselaer

Lawrenceburg

Gibson Southern

* Best large school response was surprisingly from Carmel

* Biggest disappointment - Fort Wayne Market.  Lots of high school media coverage exists in the market already.

* Most surprising comment - New Pals Kyle Ralph saying the Success factor is a punishment on elite public school programs.  I found it a bit amusing as NP has been doling out quite a bit of punishment for the past 8 years.  LOL

Best PP Response - Andrean                Worst PP Response - Roncalli

General Observation - given their time constraints, the vast majority of the coaches really surprised me with the depth and detail of their responses.  I would not be surprised to see many of these guys advance into high level administrative positions in the future.

For me,I think the interviews erased the persona that fans like myself,not tight with a particular program, may have had of a particular coach and his program , and replaced it with real dialogue for us to discern. 

I feel like the NE Indiana contingent on this forum has been trending down each year. Seems odd with as much media coverage the area has. Hopefully it grows in the future. 

3 hours ago, southend said:

For me,I think the interviews erased the persona that fans like myself,not tight with a particular program, may have had of a particular coach and his program , and replaced it with real dialogue for us to discern. 

These put a human connection to some of the programs you only see from the outside, it was nice to get some inside information.

44 minutes ago, Basementbias said:

I feel like the NE Indiana contingent on this forum has been trending down each year. Seems odd with as much media coverage the area has. Hopefully it grows in the future. 

For the record, the response from South Adams was outstanding

Adams Central was OK.

All others were very low response (Carroll/Snider/Leo/Angola)

1 hour ago, DT said:

For the record, the response from South Adams was outstanding

Adams Central was OK.

All others were very low response (Carroll/Snider/Leo/Angola)

I know there have been many accounts on here from when I played (viewing the forum) that are no longer posting. A few were hanging around in 2016 during my brother's senior year (while I've been posting) that aren't posting anymore. Very few of us "younger" folks it seems are on here.

7 hours ago, DT said:

Thanks for your support of the Summer Interview Series with Coaches from around the state.  We got some great feedback from the coaches, learned a lot, and discovered a few strong opinions on certain topics along the way.

The next step is to be determined. 

You can help and show your support of this free content here on The GID by sharing the Hoosier High School Football facebook page with your network, including family, friends, work associates, staff, etc.

Enjoy the rest of your summer and looking forward to a great high school football season ahead.

Tim Phillips

Editor

Hoosier High School Football on facebook

https://www.facebook.com/Hoosier-High-School-Football-107360041590757 

HHFLogo.jpg

I can not thank you enough for all of your hard work to bring us all this wonderful insight. 

Thank you to the coaches, that took time to respond. 

3 minutes ago, Basementbias said:

I know there have been many accounts on here from when I played (viewing the forum) that are no longer posting. A few were hanging around in 2016 during my brother's senior year (while I've been posting) that aren't posting anymore. Very few of us "younger" folks it seems are on here.

I was referring primarily to the response on facebook.  The small communities are much more connected via facebook and word gets around quickly.

Readership will always be low on The GID because there are very few active members and guests do not have posting privileges'.  One way for The GID to rev up the board would be to allow guests to post.  What do they have to lose.  There are no privilege's that come with GID membership.  We all have the same status as guests who don't have to sign in.  I say let them in and you will see increased posting activity