Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

National Rankings

7 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

While I certainly love the recognition, I have a hard time believing that there are only 7 high schools in America better than Center Grove and only 15 better than Cathedral. I don't really think there is an accurate way to do this unless you're consistently playing a national schedule. 

IMG Academy probably has 40+ guys with D1 offers. But I would to see an non conference game between IMG and Center Grove though

16 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

IMG Academy probably has 40+ guys with D1 offers. But I would to see an non conference game between IMG and Center Grove though

Ha right, and they aren't even ranked #1. I would watch it too but IMG would win by at least 4 TDs, and that isn't a knock on Center Grove. IMG beat La Salle earlier this year 58-7 and La Salle has 4-5 legitimate big time football prospects. Bishop Gorman is another team that I watched Friday night lose in heart breaking fashion in the last minute of regulation that has another legit 10-15 major D1 football prospects who is now no longer ranked that I think would beat Center Grove and/or Cathedral rather handily. 

Still though, for a basketball state, it is nice to see some Indiana schools get some recognition. 

Just now, Footballking16 said:

Ha right, and they aren't even ranked #1. I would watch it too but IMG would win by at least 4 TDs, and that isn't a knock on Center Grove. IMG beat La Salle earlier this year 58-7 and La Salle has 4-5 legitimate big time football prospects. Bishop Gorman is another team that I watched Friday night lose in heart breaking fashion in the last minute of regulation that has another legit 10-15 major D1 football prospects who is now no longer ranked that I think would beat Center Grove and/or Cathedral rather handily. 

Still though, for a basketball state, it is nice to see some Indiana schools get some recognition. 

Any of these games would be great non conference games for some of the  higher ranking Indiana teams, though some would be lopsided.

16 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Perhaps your right....but the recognition here is overall consistent with USA Today and Max Preps.....

Agree but I think these rankings have a lot more to do with the overall W-L record than anything else. But at the end of the day, once you get into these huge metropolitan regions like Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, LA, Dade/Broward Co FL/etc that are all huge football cities, they tend to beat up on each other as the season goes. Plus you have all the East Coast prep schools that are D1 factories and then of course schools like IMG. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, temptation said:

Any history buffs know the highest ranked matchup between two Indiana schools in state history?  Could CG/Cathedral be it next month?

(Oh yeah, and IMG is NOT a high school IMO...)

Between 1982 and 2005, no more than one Indiana team had representation in the USA Today Final 25. During that time, Ben Davis (multiple), Carmel, Hobart, Penn, Snider, and Warren Central (multiple) all had Top 20 finishes. I don't have a source for 2005 - present. 

I don't ever remember a time where two Indiana teams were so highly regarded. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BTF said:

Between 1982 and 2005, no more than one Indiana team had representation in the USA Today Final 25. During that time, Ben Davis (multiple), Carmel, Hobart, Penn, Snider, and Warren Central (multiple) all had Top 20 finishes. I don't have a source for 2005 - present. 

I don't ever remember a time where two Indiana teams were so highly regarded. 

I think CalPreps had both Cathedral and Center Grove nationally ranked last year in their regular season meeting. Granted California didn’t have a season and Texas was delayed some months before they started.

18 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Agree but I think these rankings have a lot more to do with the overall W-L record than anything else. But at the end of the day, once you get into these huge metropolitan regions like Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, LA, Dade/Broward Co FL/etc that are all huge football cities, they tend to beat up on each other as the season goes. Plus you have all the East Coast prep schools that are D1 factories and then of course schools like IMG. 

Perhaps a little more than just W-L records.  I do think both CG and Cathedral are getting credit for the quality of teams played.

https://www.nchsaa.org/sites/default/files/attachments/NCMaxPrepsRanking_FAQ.pdf

https://www.ncsasports.org/articles-1/high-school-football-rankings

USA Today Rankings Sept 14th  (guess updated ranking is coming soon)

https://usatodayhss.com/2021/high-school-football-rankings-national-super-25-usa-today-sports-week-3

I think we all realize that national ranking systems are nowhere close to perfect, include human bias, etc.  But I think most Indiana high school football fans appreciate seeing teams from the state represented, and I believe the reputation for Indy metro football continues to increase nationwide.   I would rather see Indiana high school football teams represented nationally than not.  (just my opinion)

Keep pushing forward CG and Cathedral!!!

18 hours ago, temptation said:

No said the guy responding to the guy who is complaining about IMG being brought up in a thread about NATIONAL RANKINGS (in which IMG is listed twice).

I had to argue with some idiot named Ed Brickley JR on Twitter about IMG a few weeks ago.. his argument was only 11 guys play on the field so it didn’t matter that IMG had 29 3 star players or better… apparently substitutions don’t happen.. 😂😂😂

5 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

I had to argue with some idiot named Ed Brickley JR on Twitter about IMG a few weeks ago.. his argument was only 11 guys play on the field so it didn’t matter that IMG had 29 3 star players or better… apparently substitutions don’t happen.. 😂😂😂

Same stupid argument some on here have regarding enrollment. 

• Like 1