Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Memes - Abandon all hope - Ye who enter....

swordfish

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, DanteEstonia said:

How many people can you name from any NCAA tournament champion team from more than 10 years ago?

A few. For example, the starting 5 for UCLA’s 1970 champs was Sydney Wicks,  Curtis Rowe, Henry Bibby, Steve Patterson, and Terry Schofield. Larry Farmer was first off the bench, I think.

4 hours ago, Bobref said:

A few. For example, the starting 5 for UCLA’s 1970 champs was Sydney Wicks,  Curtis Rowe, Henry Bibby, Steve Patterson, and Terry Schofield. Larry Farmer was first off the bench, I think.

Were they one of 12 people to touch the surface of the Moon?

4 hours ago, DanteEstonia said:

Were they one of 12 people to touch the surface of the Moon?

I don’t think so. But they won the national championship with a 1 loss season. See if you can guess who gave them the single blemish on their record that season.

5 hours ago, Bobref said:

I don’t think so. But they won the national championship with a 1 loss season. See if you can guess who gave them the single blemish on their record that season.

I know, I know, I know......I remember seeing it. It was also the last team to beat UCLA before the streak started. Bill Walton says that game STILL haunts him. I remember that the UCLA ND game was always a big rivalry game back then.  That was the same year though that a phantom foul called against Steve Downing from IU on Walton in the tournament kept them on track for the title streak, right? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Irishman said:

I know, I know, I know......I remember seeing it. It was also the last team to beat UCLA before the streak started. Bill Walton says that game STILL haunts him. I remember that the UCLA ND game was always a big rivalry game back then.  That was the same year though that a phantom foul called against Steve Downing from IU on Walton in the tournament kept them on track for the title streak, right? 

Actually, the Irish bookended UCLA’s 88 game winning streak. After that game in Jan. 1971, the Bruins didn’t lose again until the Walton-led team was upset at ND 81-80 in Jan. 1974. Irish scored the last 11 points of the game.

1 minute ago, Bobref said:

Actually, the Irish bookended UCLA’s 88 game winning streak. After that game in Jan. 1971, the Bruins didn’t lose again until the Walton-led team was upset at ND 81-80 in Jan. 1974. Irish scored the last 11 points of the game.

I giuess I did not state that very well. That was what I meant to say 😄

On 4/20/2020 at 1:49 AM, Bobref said:

A college that doesn’t produce astronauts?