Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Memes - Abandon all hope - Ye who enter....

swordfish

15 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

The 69-70 25-1 team played at Shields Gym.

Is that still standing?

16 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

The building has a fair amount of history, given it’s relatively short life when compared to some of the other iconic gyms in the state. With all the bleachers rolled back, you can have 6 full court basketball games going on simultaneously and another two with about 75’ courts. All but 2 of the games would be on hardwood. 

Sounds like it would be a great place for a large wrestling tourney. Do they ever host those there? 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, gonzoron said:

Is that still standing?

Sounds like it would be a great place for a large wrestling tourney. Do they ever host those there? 

It is still standing. Google “Shields Gym Seymour, IN” too many links to post. Local slum lord has owned it since the 90’s, it’s in a sorry state of disrepair. My guess is at some point to roof will go and it will be gone. A classmate of mine was given access several years back and wrote a great piece on it including current and historic pics, unfortunately I can no longer find it. 

Seymour traditionally hosted the Wrestling SS. Great venue, three mats on the bottom with all the seats rolled back and fans upstairs. Given the history of IHSAA tournaments in Seymour, the Wrestling SS was the most profitable for the city itself. Hotels were full, restaurants were full, etc., we don’t necessarily get that with other tournaments, occasionally at the regional or SS level for the odd team in BB, depending on who gets sent here. Now the downside, the host school for these tournaments receives a ridiculously small amount of money to host, I’m thinking around 150 bucks or so. The Wrestling tournament is really hard on your facilities. For instance the last one we host we had three lockers destroyed and a urinal ripped off the wall. That was the final straw, AD called North Meridian and told them we would not host another one. 

Edited by Impartial_Observer

On 1/21/2019 at 9:03 AM, swordfish said:

Apparently someone watches fake incomplete news.....and believes it as gospel....I'll bet you read and follow Buzzfeed religiously as well.....

On 1/21/2019 at 10:03 AM, gonzoron said:

Let me just ask you this, do you believe every meme you post in this thread? If you do, you’re worse off than I thought.

On 1/21/2019 at 11:23 AM, swordfish said:

Fair enough.

I'm not quite sure if "Fair enough" means you DON'T believe every meme you post, or if you truly are worse off than I thought. Can you clarify?

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1

THIS is the kind of thing that PROVES indubitably, that Government Almighty doth LOVE us all, indeed, AND The Children! Beyond the shadow of the slightest doubt! Do NOT be unbleevers, ye unchurched heathens ye!!!

Scienfoology Song… GAWD = Government Almighty’s Wrath Delivers

Government loves me, This I know,
For the Government tells me so,
Little ones to GAWD belong,
We are weak, but GAWD is strong!
Yes, Guv-Mint loves me!
Yes, Guv-Mint loves me!
Yes, Guv-Mint loves me!
My Nannies tell me so!

GAWD does love me, yes indeed,
Keeps me safe, and gives me feed,
Shelters me from bad drugs and weed,