Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

1st round Sectional scores

Just now, fenderbender said:

I think Northview was heavily favored last year vs Memorial due to this factor, but lost by a couple scores.  

It'll be interesting to check the ratings again tomorrow morning with the SAC and SIAC getting their first taste of outside competition. 

1 minute ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I mean regardless of sagarin…going undefeated in the SIAC in a year when Mater Dei, Castle and Memorial are all great…any team that does that is going to be a great team regardless of what computers say 

This certainly won’t help the SIAC on sagarin though 

Yeah….the SAC  may take a hit on Sagarin.  Still, I think this is an upset.  The SAC isn’t “down” as this would imply.  No way you go undefeated in the SAC and lose this game normally, in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Yeah….the SAC  may take a hit on Sagarin.  Still, I think this is an upset.  The SAC isn’t “down” as this would imply.  No way you go undefeated in the SAC and lose this game normally, in my opinion.

Not my neck of the woods, I'll take your word for it.

Just now, Lysander said:

Brebeuf.      24

W. Lafayette 14

Final

W. Lafayette seemed to play conservatively in the 2nd half and Brebeuf essentially stuffed them.  As good as these teams were it was not a pretty game.  Lots of miscues, mistakes, etc.  

A real shame this was a week 1 game…#1 vs #2 for 3A 

1 minute ago, TigerFan20 said:

Memorial beats Harrison 42-10

Memorial’s Varsity left the game at 42-0 I think 

I wanna know what makes Memorial great on defense almost every single year lol.  Outside of the Lindauer/combs era it seems y’all are always saying the offense needs to find it’s rhythm but that defense is always ready for a battle

Just now, BTF said:

Not my neck of the woods, I'll take your word for it.

Sorry, I misspoke calling them the SAC rather than the SIAC. Well, not exactly my conference either but I do try to follow the conference because it’s a solid one.  It doesn’t feature some of the 5A and 6A teams of the SAC but the SIAC has some solid 2-4A teams.

1 minute ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I wanna know what makes Memorial great on defense almost every single year lol.  Outside of the Lindauer/combs era it seems y’all are always saying the offense needs to find it’s rhythm but that defense is always ready for a battle

2 words. 
 Coach Johnson.

Also, Combs 3.0 is coming in next year too

Edited by TigerFan20

1 minute ago, Lysander said:

Sorry, I misspoke calling them the SAC rather than the SIAC. Well, not exactly my conference either but I do try to follow the conference because it’s a solid one.  It doesn’t feature some of the 5A and 6A teams of the SAC but the SIAC has some solid 2-4A teams.

I knew what you meant. And yes, the SIAC looks to be a fun conference to follow. 

5 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

A real shame this was a week 1 game…#1 vs #2 for 3A 

This should NEVER happen.

That said, they’re 2 of the Top 3 likely….but GS is in that 1-3 mix.  Still one of the Top 3 teams was likely eliminated tonight.

Just now, Lysander said:

This should NEVER happen.

That said, they’re 2 of the Top 3 likely….but GS is in that 1-3 mix.  Still one of the Top 3 teams was likely eliminated tonight.

3A is always like this.  3/4 team at the top.  Any of them can be considered 1/2 

4 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

2 words. 
 Coach Johnson.

Also, Combs 3.0 is coming in next year too

👀👀👀👀

27 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I mean regardless of sagarin…going undefeated in the SIAC in a year when Mater Dei, Castle and Memorial are all great…any team that does that is going to be a great team regardless of what computers say 

This certainly won’t help the SIAC on sagarin though 

I would also say that I disagree with calling MD and Castle great.  Definitely good.