Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NFL Off Season 2022

Irishman

5 minutes ago, temptation said:

Ah, so if I had stated my condolences prior to giggling at the source he provided all would have been okay.  Got it.

Ah, so if I had stated my condolences would have been okay.  Got it.

Fixed that for ya

Doing nothing was also an option........optics

18 hours ago, Irishman said:

If there was something inaccurate in the story; ok. Like anything; there's a time and place to have a discussion about a source, I just feel it could have gone by with no comment. By no means am I saying that is a rule or anything, but several people viewed the post; people with a similar view as you about that source with no comment. I am willing to bet that Bash feels similar to you about the site, but his comment was in line with the moment that a young man had lost his life. 

Actually, I really didn't have any feelings about the source listed....just simply pointing out that the sad news was everywhere.

A young man with a beautiful wife and guessing a wonderful family tragically lost his life....with his whole life ahead of him.  I think we as father's on this forum can feel the sadness in a young person's life that is suddenly lost.  I need to do a better job personally empathizing with all young lives lost when I read it in the paper or hear the story on the news.

All of us love football, especially high school football on this forum.  I just hope all of us remember what is important, and that we have much more in common than we do different.  And so what if we see the world differently....makes it far less boring.

Please call me out when I forget this......

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Actually, I really didn't have any feelings about the source listed....just simply pointing out that the sad news was everywhere.

A young man with a beautiful wife and guessing a wonderful family tragically lost his life....with his whole life ahead of him.  I think we as father's on this forum can feel the sadness in a young person's life that is suddenly lost.  I need to do a better job personally empathizing with all young lives lost when I read it in the paper or hear the story on the news.

All of us love football, especially high school football on this forum.  I just hope all of us remember what is important, and that we have much more in common than we do different.  And so what if we see the world differently....makes it far less boring.

Thanks. (I'm out of 'likes' for the day.)

1 hour ago, Bash Riprock said:

Correct.

• Kill me now 1

15 hours ago, gonzoron said:

Friday is a Holiday, Silver Dollar has an all day extravaganza scheduled in the alley, sunset rule has been waived. What time can you and @DE be there? I'll make the reservation. 

I'll meet anyone at the Dollar as long as we go inside, enjoy a breaded tenderloin and wash it down with a couple of malted beverages.  Getting too old for this alley stuff.  At my age, have become more of a lover than "wrastler".......well, don't verify that with my wife....she would probably only buy into the "too old" stuff.  Takes a little more effort to convince her to "wrastle".......ok, a lot more effort.....😉

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

I'll meet anyone at the Dollar as long as we go inside, enjoy a breaded tenderloin and wash it down with a couple of malted beverages.  Getting too old for this alley stuff.  At my age, have become more of a lover than "wrastler".......well, don't verify that with my wife....she would probably only buy into the "too old" stuff.  Takes a little more effort to convince her to "wrastle".......ok, a lot more effort.....😉

Would have to go down the street to the Tin Plate for the BPT. One of the best in the State per the Breaded Pork Tenderloin, Hoosier  Style! facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/1654756094763234/?multi_permalinks=3182429201995908%2C3180262385545923%2C3179707365601425%2C3179677232271105%2C3179389692299859&notif_id=1649508453828238&notif_t=group_activity&ref=notif

I can vouch for it and the onion rings. If you're also going to get the loaded baked potato soup, you're gonna need a container to go.

tin plate.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Would have to go down the street to the Tin Plate for the BPT. One of the best in the State per the Breaded Pork Tenderloin, Hoosier  Style! facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/1654756094763234/?multi_permalinks=3182429201995908%2C3180262385545923%2C3179707365601425%2C3179677232271105%2C3179389692299859&notif_id=1649508453828238&notif_t=group_activity&ref=notif

I can vouch for it and the onion rings. If you're also going to get the loaded baked potato soup, you're gonna need a container to go.

tin plate.jpg

NOW, we are talking!!!!!!  

o.jpg

Hoosiers in Paradise, Lee County, Florida

Gotta go to Fort Myers Beach for this one at Hoosiers in Paradise. A retired IFD Fire Fighter bought the place (the top floor with the railing) several years ago........by far my favorite tenderloin place. Granted, I have not been to the Tin Plate. I will definitely try though. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gonzoron said:

I do. 

What time Friday will you and @DE be able to hang   out at the Dollar?

Why waste my time in showing up when you seem to already know everything about me, my political leanings and my knowledge of APA formatted citations from this high school message board?

Come to think of it, why is there even a need for folks to meet face to face anymore when we can throw garbage at a wall and assume we already know everything about them based on some inconclusive Internet discussions?

46 minutes ago, temptation said:

Why waste my time in showing up when you seem to already know everything about me, my political leanings and my knowledge of APA formatted citations from this high school message board?

Come to think of it, why is there even a need for folks to meet face to face anymore when we can throw garbage at a wall and assume we already know everything about them based on some inconclusive Internet discussions?

welllllllllllll...

4 hours ago, temptation said:

What's the fun in that?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, gonzoron said:

tin plate.jpg

you buying, i'm in.

44 minutes ago, Irishman said:

welllllllllllll...

well played sir, well.  played.

is it ok to quote you here?

2 hours ago, temptation said:

That's the longest way to say "I'm chicken" that I've ever seen. 

Got any NFL News to contribute to the thread? If not, why are you here? 

Edited by gonzoron
  • Disdain 1

Alum David Bell talks to current WC players before their workout. I have stated before I am a huge fan of this young man. I do think he has "it"; and giving back to the game at this stage in his young career is just really cool. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gonzoron said:

That's the longest way to say "I'm chicken" that I've ever seen. 

Got any NFL News to contribute to the thread? If not, why are you here? 

Yep.  Terrified.

NFL news?  Sure.  The #1 overall pick in two weeks will be a Michigan Wolverine.

4 hours ago, Irishman said:

o.jpg

Hoosiers in Paradise, Lee County, Florida

Gotta go to Fort Myers Beach for this one at Hoosiers in Paradise. A retired IFD Fire Fighter bought the place (the top floor with the railing) several years ago........by far my favorite tenderloin place. Granted, I have not been to the Tin Plate. I will definitely try though. 

Fly to Fort about every year. Will pass this on. Looks amazing. 

12 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Alum David Bell talks to current WC players before their workout. I have stated before I am a huge fan of this young man. I do think he has "it"; and giving back to the game at this stage in his young career is just really cool. 

UHHHHHHHH-GREED!  TALENT

• Like 2

Honestly, who is giving this guy advice? Or, possibly his head is so far up his southern region that he’s not listening. He just can’t shut his mouth. I guess he doesn’t realize that every time he opens his mouth $$ fly out?

18 hours ago, Irishman said:

To those questioning Bell's 40 speed at the Combine, here is Tom Brady's official Combine photo back in the day.

brady combine photo.jpg

• Like 1