Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Open Club  ·  46 members  ·  Free

OOB v2.0

Roe -V- Wade......Back at it again (finally?)

swordfish

2 hours ago, Muda69 said:

The danger of license plate readers in post-Roe America

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2022/07/the-danger-of-license-plate-readers-in-post-roe-america/

So will the Indiana State Police and other Indiana law enforcement agencies be watching the Indiana/Illinois border closely?

While they’re at it, they can track Indiana people crossing the border to buy weed at Illinois dispensaries. 

29 minutes ago, DanteEstonia said:

@Bobref, I found this article and I found it interesting-

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/09/when-america-hated-catholics-213177/

Part of me really wants to see the Dobbs decision restart the anti-Catholic movement in the USA.

Yes, we definitely could use some more divisive influences in this country.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Taxing structure is entertaining, look it up. Michigan is a LOT more business friendly. Hopefully Ohio and Kentucky will be as well. 

But it’s a longer drive. 6 of one, half a dozen of the other.

3 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

I understand, given all things equal….

We’re only about 30 months from a new governor……

I’m sure he or she will be much more progressive than his/her predecessors. 🤣😂

Indiana asks Supreme Court to speed process so state can put its strict abortion law into effect: https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/14/politics/indiana-supreme-court-abortion/index.html

Indiana asked the Supreme Court Thursday to move quickly to officially transmit its opinion overturning Roe v. Wade to a federal appeals court so that the state can attempt to put its strict parental notification law into effect.

The Indiana law was enjoined by a district court in 2017 as a violation of Supreme Court precedent. But last month, after the Supreme Court invalidated Roe v. Wade in a case called Dobbs v. Jackson, the justices instructed the US Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit to take another look at the Indiana law pursuant to Dobbs.

Under Supreme Court rules, the justices would set that process in motion by transmitting their mandate by July 25. In an emergency application filed with the court Thursday, however, the state asked the court to speed up the process.
"Immediate transmittal of this Court's judgment is necessary to avoid inflicting further irreparable harm to the State of Indiana," the state's Solicitor General Thomas M. Fisher argued.

The application was filed with Justice Amy Coney Barrett, who has jurisdiction over the 7th Circuit, but it could land before Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson because Barrett was sitting on the 7th Circuit when the case was pending. It is likely that either justice would refer the petition to the full court for review.
Since Dobbs came down, more than a dozen states have barred or severely restricted abortion.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Bobref said:

Very interesting.  Indiana legislators, take note. Kansas was a solid “red” state in the 2020 elections.

“Opponents argued that the amendment would set state lawmakers up to pursue a total abortion ban.“

Red/blue/purple/whatever…anyone with common sense understands that a “total abortion ban” is illogical.

Please don’t stereotype and lump people together based on political tropes and half truths.

Edited by temptation
  • Thanks 1