Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

HNAC Expansion Talk

BREAKING NEWS:

Jim Peters of the LaPorte County Herald Dispatch reports South Central will be leaving the Greater South Shore Conference and joining the Hoosier North Athletic Conference for football in either 2024 or 2025, depending on whether the GSSC agrees to let them go for 2024. SC will remain in the PCC otherwise.

2 hours ago, FinePrint said:

The HNAC has soccer too.  Missed that one...

From a competition and rivalry standpoint, I like Argos better than O-D for filling out the non-football conference spot.

In doing some HNAC searching of girls golf, boys soccer, girls soccer, boys tennis, boys golf and girls tennis, I found the following schools to have the respective sports during the 2022-23 school year.

GIRLS GOLF

Caston, Culver, Knox, LaVille, North Judson, Pioneer and Winamac.  Triton did not have girls golf this season.

BOYS TENNIS

Knox, North Judson, Triton did.

BOYS SOCCER

Caston, Culver, LaVille and Winamac did.

GIRLS SOCCER

Culver and LaVille did have a team. 

GIRLS TENNIS

Knox, LaVille, North Judson and Triton did.  The rest did not have girls tennis.

BOYS GOLF

Caston, Culver, Knox, LaVille, North Judson, Pioneer, Triton, Winamac all had golf this season.

From what I have observed, there seems to be a lot of movement in several conferences this particular school year for whatever reason.

I only hope that every school that would like to be in a conference can find one.

Being in a conference can benefit the student-athlete in a variety of ways, from academic compeition to athletic recognition.

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

I like the way this has worked out for Triton.  Since Triton already plays South Central in football, we might be able to keep LaVille on the schedule after they leave.  Our two non-conference games could be Bremen and LaVille.  That would be ideal in my mind. 

6 hours ago, FinePrint said:

I like the way this has worked out for Triton.  Since Triton already plays South Central in football, we might be able to keep LaVille on the schedule after they leave.  Our two non-conference games could be Bremen and LaVille.  That would be ideal in my mind. 

Seems like with some schools not having some sports and some not having a junior varsity team, along with M-Thr travel and late nights could be part of the reason for this switch for the likes of Knox and LaVille.

I was a little surprised that Knox decided to leave, but not so much LaVille based on their location and the schools that ended up coming together.  

I am not surprised that Bremen, Glenn and Jimtown wanted something different.  I recall hearing the gound rumble before, but this time there was traction, smoke and fire along the way.

Be interesting to see how the new HNAC fares and then what happens with this new conference that looks a lot like the old NSC. Tippecanoe Valley is looking for games, so I hope they can fill in where they need to.  Football could be tricky for TVHS.

from_the_sidelines007

17 minutes ago, Justafan said:

Valley has filled their schedule for 2023. Just can't say anything until all contracts signed.

image.png.a984bc008bd379651c54e57ada99fb57.png

They already have 5 games listed on Harrell's site and they could fill the rest with Tipton (week 4), Western (6), SB Washington (8) and Indy Lutheran (9), who all have week's open.  I'd say that's a pretty decent schedule for pulling it together last minute!

1 hour ago, FinePrint said:

They already have 5 games listed on Harrell's site and they could fill the rest with Tipton (week 4), Western (6), SB Washington (8) and Indy Lutheran (9), who all have week's open.  I'd say that's a pretty decent schedule for pulling it together last minute!

I have a feeling Rochester is going to be on that schedule somewhere.  

Maybe the Vikings can get Kokomo on their schedule when Logansport jumps to the hoosier.

Hamilton Heights has week 8 October 6 open. Would be a good matchup and not a hugely difficult drive for either team.

3 hours ago, Justafan said:

Valley has filled their schedule for 2023. Just can't say anything until all contracts signed.

Good For TV!

So glad they were able to fill that football schedule!

Looking forward to seeing the completed schedule for 2023!

Nice work Vikings!

from_the_sidelines007

• 4 weeks later...

Now that North Miami has officially announced their move to the HNAC, what do you all think about the way the conference membership has shaken out?

This looks like it will be a solid small school conference for football. I'm not sure what the addition of SCUM brings to the table other than a long drive for the southern half of the conference and a filler game for everyone. I'll be curious to see how many teams keep Knox and LaVille on the schedule. I hate to see the 2 largest teams part, they provided good competition.

image.png.10e0f241005d7ad3b2c628d113720143.png

The conference definitely takes a hit when it comes to level of competition.  We lose two top half teams and pick up two that will likely finish bottom half most seasons.  But teams like Triton and Culver suddenly become relevant in the conference title chase.  

I hope Triton can keep playing LaVille and Bremen as non-conference games.  They are short drives and draw good crowds.  And it's great competition for the Trojans.  I would assume NJ and Knox will play.  But I don't see Knox wanting to schedule anyone else in the HNAC.  I'd love to see LaVille keep Triton and Pioneer.  But I could see them scheduling Culver Academy and/or Mishawaka Marian if they really want to beef up their schedule.

On 6/2/2023 at 1:54 PM, FarmerFran said:

This looks like it will be a solid small school conference for football. I'm not sure what the addition of SCUM brings to the table other than a long drive for the southern half of the conference and a filler game for everyone. I'll be curious to see how many teams keep Knox and LaVille on the schedule. I hate to see the 2 largest teams part, they provided good competition.

image.png.10e0f241005d7ad3b2c628d113720143.png

If Rochester would've joined what a great league geographically with some excellent local rivalries created too. 

On 5/4/2023 at 2:51 PM, from_the_sidelines007 said:

In doing some HNAC searching of girls golf, boys soccer, girls soccer, boys tennis, boys golf and girls tennis, I found the following schools to have the respective sports during the 2022-23 school year.

GIRLS GOLF

Caston, Culver, Knox, LaVille, North Judson, Pioneer and Winamac.  Triton did not have girls golf this season.

BOYS TENNIS

Knox, North Judson, Triton did.

BOYS SOCCER

Caston, Culver, LaVille and Winamac did.

GIRLS SOCCER

Culver and LaVille did have a team. 

GIRLS TENNIS

Knox, LaVille, North Judson and Triton did.  The rest did not have girls tennis.

BOYS GOLF

Caston, Culver, Knox, LaVille, North Judson, Pioneer, Triton, Winamac all had golf this season.

From what I have observed, there seems to be a lot of movement in several conferences this particular school year for whatever reason.

I only hope that every school that would like to be in a conference can find one.

Being in a conference can benefit the student-athlete in a variety of ways, from academic compeition to athletic recognition.

from_the_sidelines007

Which schools have swimming programs? Pioneer does and I know that Caston and Winamac do not.