Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Indy Lutheran Legitimacy

1 hour ago, BTF said:

It sounds to me like Indy Lutheran might have 3A/4A type resources. Indy football inside the donut is amongst the worst in the state.

I’m not agreeing or disagreeing but it’s unclear to me just what you mean by Lutheran having “3A/4A type resources.”

As to Indy football inside the donut being amongst “the worst in the State” all I can say is that Brebeuf, Cathedral, Chatard, Ritter and Scecina are all inside the 465 “donut” (if that is the “donut” you are referring to).

1 hour ago, BendNotBreak said:

No worries... I respect the AC program... they won a State Title... so they Know what it takes... i've been around since 3 class FB... sooo when someone like BTF puts his credibility on the line making a bonehead statement like 90/80% of 1a Titles would go to this AC squad... its just absurd... the closest thing to that I can remember was when 84? Sheridan fans thout they could win the BiG School Title... 😄  I'm sure their staff knew better... but hey it's alotta fun to speculate!  😊

Only time I'd say AC would have won 2A over 1A is maybe 2017 or 2018. 1A North had better teams than 2A North in 2017. AC beat Woodlan who last in the title in a close one. AC controlled the regular season game and won by 9 that year. Pioneer & Southwood would have probably won it in 2A or made the finals. Doesn't happen often as Luers is usually good as is Eastbrook & 2A Andrean. Andrean & Luers bouncing between 2A & 3A often.

Edited by Basementbias

Lutheran has won 37 games in a row.  From 2009-2012 LCC won 47 games in a row.  LCC lost to Culver Academy in 2012.  I think Muda was on here singing "Its over, Its over".  Not much has been said about Lutheran, until now.

1 hour ago, Lysander said:

I’m not agreeing or disagreeing but it’s unclear to me just what you mean by Lutheran having “3A/4A type resources.”

As to Indy football inside the donut being amongst “the worst in the State” all I can say is that Brebeuf, Cathedral, Chatard, Ritter and Scecina are all inside the 465 “donut” (if that is the “donut” you are referring to).

What do those schools have in common?  I can’t quite put my finger on it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Tippy said:

Lutheran has won 37 games in a row.  From 2009-2012 LCC won 47 games in a row.  LCC lost to Culver Academy in 2012.  I think Muda was on here singing "Its over, Its over".  Not much has been said about Lutheran, until now.

I recall back in the day when Lutheran was being beat by Milan, West Washington, and South Putnam, before they could even get out of sectionals and no one was talking about them.  A little success will change that dynamic.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Basementbias said:

Only time I'd say AC would have won 2A over 1A is maybe 2017 or 2018. 1A North had better teams than 2A North in 2017. AC beat Woodlan who last in the title in a close one. AC controlled the regular season game and won by 9 that year. Pioneer & Southwood would have probably won it in 2A or made the finals. Doesn't happen often as Luers is usually good as is Eastbrook & 2A Andrean. Andrean & Luers bouncing between 2A & 3A often.

Yeah... ther is always someone in ur way... either a good program or a lightning in a bottle team... or both at the same time... 1A is a diff animal... the low numbers keep any one program from dominating indefinitely... public or private I think history bears it out... Sheridan,Lcc, Pioneer, Luthern... i dont think Lcc would still be winning 1a titles but can hold ther own in ther 2a Sec... i get the beef against Chatard... but until the ihsaa fine tunes the success factor by say... seeding the entire tournament... programs will bounce down maybe sooner than they would if that were in place... Sec 28 is just ridiculous if u truly want the success factor to operate in a pure fashion.... jmho

13 minutes ago, foxbat said:

I recall back in the day when Lutheran was being beat by Milan, West Washington, and South Putnam, before they could even get out of sectionals and no one was talking about them.  A little success will change that dynamic.

They won a sectional their 3rd yr in the tourny. We beat them in thier 7th yr and was already 0-2 at the time against them. All it took was our first sectional title team in 20 years. Haha

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tippy said:

LCC had the 47-game streak, and Sheridan had a 44-game streak from 2005-2008.

Assuming LuHi doesn't fill it's week 9 opening and doesn't draw the sectional 47 bye, it would take a third state title win to equal the Sheridan streak.  Tying the LCC streak would require 2024 wins over a steadily improving Beech Grove team, Cardinal Ritter, and a Triton Central team that may be the defending 2A champions at the time.

Can anyone confirm the longest streak in state history?  Bloomington had a 59-game streak from 1968-1973.  Not sure if that's the longest, but it sounds like an untouchable record.

1 hour ago, BendNotBreak said:

Yeah... ther is always someone in ur way... either a good program or a lightning in a bottle team... or both at the same time... 1A is a diff animal... the low numbers keep any one program from dominating indefinitely... public or private I think history bears it out... Sheridan,Lcc, Pioneer, Luthern... i dont think Lcc would still be winning 1a titles but can hold ther own in ther 2a Sec... i get the beef against Chatard... but until the ihsaa fine tunes the success factor by say... seeding the entire tournament... programs will bounce down maybe sooner than they would if that were in place... Sec 28 is just ridiculous if u truly want the success factor to operate in a pure fashion.... jmho

Yes, be nice if we could get a playoff victory over any of those 4 at some point regardless of sectional or farther. Doubt we see anyone besides LCC or Lutheran unless Sheridan or Pioneer have success factor. Really want to see the 3 Adams County schools in 3 separate classes having success. 

59 minutes ago, kdets89 said:

Assuming LuHi doesn't fill it's week 9 opening and doesn't draw the sectional 47 bye, it would take a third state title win to equal the Sheridan streak.  Tying the LCC streak would require 2024 wins over a steadily improving Beech Grove team, Cardinal Ritter, and a Triton Central team that may be the defending 2A champions at the time.

Can anyone confirm the longest streak in state history?  Bloomington had a 59-game streak from 1968-1973.  Not sure if that's the longest, but it sounds like an untouchable record.

Lawrenceburgs had a big streak in the 70’s but had to forfeit several games because they were cheaters. The stinky clown never wants to talk about that. I swear to God he doesn’t 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Basementbias said:

Yes, be nice if we could get a playoff victory over any of those 4 at some point regardless of sectional or farther. Doubt we see anyone besides LCC or Lutheran unless Sheridan or Pioneer have success factor. Really want to see the 3 Adams County schools in 3 separate classes having success. 

Mayb so... but if Lcc were put in Pioneers 2a sec I doubt ud c them in 2a either...  😄

3 hours ago, Lysander said:

Was referring to public schools. 

I'm saying that Lutheran has the means to attract anyone they want outside of their normal pipeline. A luxury not afforded to their competition. 

Edited by BTF

4 hours ago, BendNotBreak said:

sooo when someone like BTF puts his credibility on the line making a bonehead statement like 90/80% of 1a Titles would go to this AC squad... its just absurd.

Touched a nerve?

4 hours ago, BendNotBreak said:

No worries... I respect the AC program... they won a State Title... so they Know what it takes... i've been around since 3 class FB... sooo when someone like BTF puts his credibility on the line making a bonehead statement like 90/80% of 1a Titles would go to this AC squad... its just absurd... the closest thing to that I can remember was when 84? Sheridan fans thout they could win the BiG School Title... 😄  I'm sure their staff knew better... but hey it's alotta fun to speculate!  😊

In 2007, Sheridan scrimmaged Kevin Wright's Warren Central. Let's just say, Sheridan didn't exactly get run off the field. 

Far too often we disregard small schools are something to do with talent. Like D1 vs D3. Meanwhile, we all know that class is set based off school size, having nothing to do with talent, before success factor that is. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kdets89 said:

I think that 59 game streak is the longest.  Where is Rudy?  I think Lutheran will win 50+ games in a row before the streak is over.  There is nothing LCC and Linton can do about it because they have been in 2A.

25 minutes ago, Daniel_Bragg said:

In 2007, Sheridan scrimmaged Kevin Wright's Warren Central. Let's just say, Sheridan didn't exactly get run off the field. 

Far too often we disregard small schools are something to do with talent. Like D1 vs D3. Meanwhile, we all know that class is set based off school size, having nothing to do with talent, before success factor that is. 

Yes... it can happen... I wasn't alive 2 c it... but ther was that Milan BB Title thing in 54'  And with school choice and mayb pay to play gaining steam it could happen in small school future... who knows... btw.. that was an Awesome Sheridan Team!

35 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

Nope...😎 seen it all.. ther jus some times when i gotta call stupid 💩 out 🤗

What's stupid about giving Adams Central credit for being a very good team this year? You're feelings are hurt because you can't fathom the idea that this AC team could be competitive or even beat the good LCC teams of the past. I'm not going to retract on my opinion that this is an above average state championship caliber 1A program. 

3 minutes ago, BTF said:

What's stupid about giving Adams Central credit for being a very good team this year? You're feelings are hurt because you can't fathom the idea that this AC team could be competitive or even beat the good LCC teams of the past. I'm not going to retract on my opinion that this is an above average state championship caliber 1A program. 

Appreciate the respect! How many have good football & wrestling teams? 😉 Our basketball team should be decent this year again. However we get stuck with Blackhawk Christian in sectional. Pretty close game until we hit a drought. Even then it was close until mid to late 4th.

3 minutes ago, BTF said:

Nope ... nothing to do w Lcc... when AC crushes Luthern ill reconsider ur ill conceived... No lower than 80% of all 1a champions statement...

19 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

Yes... it can happen... I wasn't alive 2 c it... but ther was that Milan BB Title thing in 54'  And with school choice and mayb pay to play gaining steam it could happen in small school future... who knows... btw.. that was an Awesome Sheridan Team!

Milan only won that game because they held the ball for a long time.  That would never happen today.

1 hour ago, Donnie Baker said:

Lawrenceburgs had a big streak in the 70’s but had to forfeit several games because they were cheaters.

I was actually a beneficiary of that.  I still have a Cincy Enquirer photo from the sports page of a young Lysander v. Brian Way (?) of the Tigers at that time.  Probably the only time in my life I actually made a proper form solo tackle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Donnie Baker said:

Lawrenceburgs had a big streak in the 70’s but had to forfeit several games because they were cheaters. The stinky clown never wants to talk about that. I swear to God he doesn’t 

I never heard that till yrs later... I thout they just emptied the prisons ... those were some bad ass tiger teams!!!  😄

• Haha 1