Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

IFCA Final Poll 2023

22 minutes ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

Evansville Mater Dei receiving votes with a record of 2-7 in 2A, c'mon man.

Disregard the record. They lost a lot of seniors and had an adjustment period. They lost to some tough 4A-5A schools in a competitive conference. They're a top 10 team in 2A, maybe even top 5. And they're always playing their best football come playoff time. This may be the year North Posey finally gets them but would not be shocked if MD makes another run.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Football Fanatic said:

Disregard the record. They lost a lot of seniors and had an adjustment period. They lost to some tough 4A-5A schools in a competitive conference. They're a top 10 team in 2A, maybe even top 5. And they're always playing their best football come playoff time. This may be the year North Posey finally gets them but would not be shocked if MD makes another run.

MD= players of the Success Factor perfectly. Just enough success to keep winning- not enough to get bumped up ever

48 minutes ago, Football Fanatic said:

Disregard, lol.

Winning games HAS to matter eventually.

My Class 6A Top 10:

1.  Ben Davis

2.  Center Grove

3.  Brownsburg

4.  Westfield

5.  Hamilton Southeastern

6.  Fishers

7.  Cathedral

8.  Crown Point

9.  Carroll

10.  Penn

My Class 5A Top 10:

1.  Fort Wayne Snider

2.  Valparaiso

3.  Bloomington North

4.  Bloomington South

5.  Merrillville

6.  Decatur Central

7.  Mishawaka

8.  Floyd Central

9.  Plainfield

10.  Harrison

And how the hell did a 3-6, undisciplined Fort Wayne North Side team get votes?

Also, Batesville should be ranked ahead of Lawrenceburg because Batesville won the head to head matchup and has a better record than Lawrenceburg.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Bonecrusher said:

FW North Side at #10 in 5A?  Early on in the season OK, but seeing how things have developed for them, and their record, this is a bit of a head-scratcher for me.

Not a head-scratcher at all. Whoever voted for North Side, giving them enough points for the 10 position, is a total bonehead. A coaches poll has very little merit, and the above proves my point.  I'm pretty sure the best coaches are preparing their teams for the next week, not researching who should be ranked where.

The AP poll has come a long way over the years, it's no longer just about record. Important things like strength of schedule are taken into account. And, although it has it's flaws, Sagarin is always a pretty decent go to. I'd say Sagarin is accurate give or take a position or two (with regard to a teams respective class). I think the overall rankings can be off as much as 10 positions. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2023 at 6:28 AM, StinkTownClown said:

Stinky, Stinky, Stink 1.2.3

The Dawgs did beat STC 26-23

but Stink Town played with a back-up QB!

No excuses, just the facts! If Stink Town beats Centerville

QB1 will be back for the rematch!

So did QB1 play tonight?