• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/20/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired  James Broyles Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Jeremy Reynolds Hired Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired Indianapolis Washington :  ?    Steve Moorman Hired Indianapolis Attucks: ?   Ibrahim Tawfeek Hired

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CS31295

PAC 2016

38 minutes ago, Patriot74 said:

I know these threads are opened to start a discussion and most times they are very good for that.  But sometimes, comments like this one strike a nerve in some of us and deserve a little more insightful conversation.  Part of your statement maybe true, GS may in fact win out in the conference this year, who knows.  But  to include in that statement "with little resistance"  is folly at best, especially basing your opinion off of week one results!!!  

Case in point 2014 GS whips FP 54-0!!!  HH beats MV 21-7.  Gibson rolled in week one and Heritage Hills struggled, but by week 7 we all remember what happened, right?  I mean I do!!! :)  

I think every football guru knows there is more improvement between week one and week two of the season than there is any other time for the rest of the football season.  With that being said, sometimes I feel that week one is more of a pre-season game of sorts, teams see for the first time in an actual game setting what they truly have: special teams, bigger crowds, faster pace, first varsity game for some etc.  Therefore week one is nothing more than a sample size of "what could be's" and "what needs immediate fixin"!!! 

The PAC conference will be very tightly contested, at the top this year, I believe.  NP, HH, SR and GS all should have a decent chance to make some noise.  A white washing of FP by GS does not bequeath anything to the Titans for this football season.  NO all you Titan faithful I am not saying this with any kind of of disrespect intended.  After all you all are definitely the ones to beat this year............I just hop someone can give you all some resistance!!      

I was kinda thinking along the same lines. Pretty sure FP is rebuilding, we are too, to a degree. All the kids playing for GS had practice time with what graduated. Steel sharpens steel. I too think most teams get better as the season progresses. Battles in season are a good thing. Hopefully preparing each PAC team for postseason play. And I can assure you 2014 is not forgotten.  Kinda looking forward to week 7. 

1 hour ago, Patriot74 said:

I know these threads are opened to start a discussion and most times they are very good for that.  But sometimes, comments like this one strike a nerve in some of us and deserve a little more insightful conversation.  Part of your statement maybe true, GS may in fact win out in the conference this year, who knows.  But  to include in that statement "with little resistance"  is folly at best, especially basing your opinion off of week one results!!!  

Case in point 2014 GS whips FP 54-0!!!  HH beats MV 21-7.  Gibson rolled in week one and Heritage Hills struggled, but by week 7 we all remember what happened, right?  I mean I do!!! :)  

I think every football guru knows there is more improvement between week one and week two of the season than there is any other time for the rest of the football season.  With that being said, sometimes I feel that week one is more of a pre-season game of sorts, teams see for the first time in an actual game setting what they truly have: special teams, bigger crowds, faster pace, first varsity game for some etc.  Therefore week one is nothing more than a sample size of "what could be's" and "what needs immediate fixin"!!! 

The PAC conference will be very tightly contested, at the top this year, I believe.  NP, HH, SR and GS all should have a decent chance to make some noise.  A white washing of FP by GS does not bequeath anything to the Titans for this football season.  NO all you Titan faithful I am not saying this with any kind of of disrespect intended.  After all you all are definitely the ones to beat this year............I just hop someone can give you all some resistance!!      

I agree....I think our friend from the SIAC is stirring the pot a little.  Perhaps in an effort to create/start a season long build up to a match up I am sure he is hoping for.

43 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

I agree....I think our friend from the SIAC is stirring the pot a little.  Perhaps in an effort to create/start a season long build up to a match up I am sure he is hoping for.

I know it's WAY TOO FAR in the future................but this hypothetical match up could be a good one in the tournament!!!!!  

Most games between GS and MHS have been good except a couple.  

Not stirring the pot, I just think GS is that good.  They will have to beat themselves to not run the table.  

Unfortunately I can not stay loyal to the PAC this week :24:I think FP continues to struggle, Gibson rolls again, Jasper bounces back with some pride, NP squeezes by(gotta go with my heart, will be a tough game,) Princeton returns to football a little rusty but too much for PC, HH offense starts to find its stride.

Forest Park 0 at Perry Central 14

Gibson Southern 56 at South Spencer 0

Jasper 14 at Southridge 7

Mount Vernon (Posey) 13 at North Posey 14

Pike Central 14 at Princeton 42

Tell City 7 at Heritage Hills 28

Forest Park  at Perry Central

Gibson Southern  at South Spencer

Jasper  at Southridge

Mount Vernon (Posey)  at North Posey

Pike Central at Princeton

Tell City  at Heritage Hills

Was the win in week 1 by Evans Memorial over Jasper really a statement type win? I seem to remember when the current Jasper senior group were freshmen they got hammered by a PAC freshmen group. 

No.  I haven't seen any statements.  Jasper struggled to do some things that Jasper has done well against Memorial in recent years, and Memorial did some things well that Memorial struggled to do against Jasper in recent years.   I don't think it means anything for Week #2 except there is a lot of room for improvement for both teams. 

1 hour ago, sunshine said:

Was the win in week 1 by Evans Memorial over Jasper really a statement type win? I seem to remember when the current Jasper senior group were freshmen they got hammered by a PAC freshmen group. 

If only seniors played in the game it wouldn't be a statement. Several underclassmen played key positions............. STATEMENT! 

LOL ATTC, I guess I'm not big on "making a statement" or "sending a message."  That the score jumped out to respected GID folks like Lysander and others tells me nobody outside the program expected much, but I can understand why.  Eleven years is a mighty long time and we've been down significantly in recent years.   

2 hours ago, DanteEstonia said:

Who is Southridge going to pick up next year to replace Corydon?

I read in the 1A thread that it is Linton but I cannot confirm that.

1 hour ago, TITANPRIDE91 said:

I read in the 1A thread that it is Linton but I cannot confirm that.

I have heard the same thing. Also can't be positive. Really wish we didn't have to drop SR though it's been a great game for us over the years in preparing for conference play. 

3 hours ago, DanteEstonia said:

Who is Southridge going to pick up next year to replace Corydon?

39 minutes ago, Coach_Snyder said:

I have heard the same thing. Also can't be positive. Really wish we didn't have to drop SR though it's been a great game for us over the years in preparing for conference play. 

Who's decision was this not to renew and why?

1 hour ago, Titan_Watcher said:

Down from what?  Are 2008 and 2009 the norm and everything else an anomaly?

2000 4-8
2001 4-7
2002 2-8
2003 7-5
2004 7-3
2005 2-8
2006 3-9
2007 3-9
2008 12-3
2009 11-4
2010 7-5
2011 7-6
2012 4-8
2013 3-8
2014 4-6
2015 2-8

That's a great question that you could possibly help answer. All I could find about wins and losses. 

527-365

231-212

Screenshot_2016-08-23-16-41-30.png

33 minutes ago, sunshine said:

Looks like 2 Programs headed in opposite directions??

You would think with a consistent SOS in the middle to high 200s it would've happened before now! IMO

46 minutes ago, Alduflux said:

When Scottsburg added football, the MSC then had 9 conference teams. At that point mathematics dictates that ever school in the conference would have one open spot, and that each game would be in a different week. One school would have a Week 1 non-conference game, another would have Week 2, etc.

3 hours ago, Alduflux said:

Like DE said its because Scottsburg is joining the MSC. So we only had room for 1 non conference and bc of scheduling we are keeping Paoli instead of SR. I personally would like to see some conference realignment and get a couple of the smaller less competive teams out and into the PLAC or something like that so we could keep a strong team like SR on schedule 

Got a little quiet after all the Memorial and Jasper talk, lets get this going again. Which game will be the closest? I'm leaning towards NP/MV but I could be swayed to J/SR. How about FP/PC, will that be a good game?

I suspect Jasper is in the midst of a "come to Jesus" week based on how Coach Ahrens sent his team off the field and straight into the locker room immediately after handshakes last week.  I don't know much about Southridge, but I bet Jasper will show better this week than they did in Week #1.  

Titan-Watcher - By down I mean competing consistently to the best of our ability week in and week out.  We haven't done that in recent years.  No way were 2008 and 2009 "norms."  Only a select few programs, eg. LCC, Chatard, Cathedral, can say making it to state is the norm.          

53 minutes ago, Cappy said:

Got a little quiet after all the Memorial and Jasper talk, lets get this going again. Which game will be the closest? I'm leaning towards NP/MV but I could be swayed to J/SR. How about FP/PC, will that be a good game?

From what I heard of the HH/MV game, MV was driving and HH had a pick 6 that sealed the deal.  Those two teams seemed to be very evenly matched.  So I think a game against Mount Vernon for North Posey will be just like a game against HH.  So whatever you want to dissect from that......  I do think there will be lots of close games.  I don't know how much people should read into the Memorial/Jasper score.  Memorial is very good this year.  Jasper is also a good team from I can see on film, just had a lot of things not go their way.  We scrimmaged PC and I thought they looked pretty good, then they got beat by Tell City, so who knows.  Tell City might be better than people expect.  I haven't seen them on film though.  I think there is much parity within the PAC this year.

34 minutes ago, gowesdel said:

From what I heard of the HH/MV game, MV was driving and HH had a pick 6 that sealed the deal.  Those two teams seemed to be very evenly matched.  So I think a game against Mount Vernon for North Posey will be just like a game against HH.  So whatever you want to dissect from that......  I do think there will be lots of close games.  I don't know how much people should read into the Memorial/Jasper score.  Memorial is very good this year.  Jasper is also a good team from I can see on film, just had a lot of things not go their way.  We scrimmaged PC and I thought they looked pretty good, then they got beat by Tell City, so who knows.  Tell City might be better than people expect.  I haven't seen them on film though.  I think there is much parity within the PAC this year.

Last year MV beat us 28-0 but it felt worse than that! We struggled to move the ball with any consistency. At the start of the season last year we had some really small senior linemen playing along side some young linemen. By the end of the season those young linemen had taken the seniors jobs! We have some size this year and I expect us to become more physical up front as the year progresses. I'm hopeful that with the bigger stronger line we can establish a run game against MV. I think our defense will hold up well against them if our offense moves the ball. Last year our defense was on the field the entire game (so it seemed.) If we do not establish an ability to run the ball I'm afraid it will be another long night similar to last year....:67:Here's hoping for a little ground and pound by the Vikings!!:50: 

The back-to-back turnovers in the last 6 mins of the 2Q that took the score to 35-7 took the air out of Jasper.  If they protect the ball better I think they can stick more to what they want to do, run the ball and run the clock.