Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Harbaugh’s Hands Caught in Cookie Jar

Bash Riprock

5 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Definitely not remotely close to being the same deal. The NCAA explicitly states that off-campus, in-game scouting is strictly prohibited. Two programs sharing info on a common opponent is a form of gamesmanship and is widely practiced nor is it an NCAA violation.

The issue isn't the fact that Michigan stole signals, it's the method in which they stole them. 

Just seems like one giant cluster F*** of who has the bigger skeletons in the closet. Sharing info, aka sign stealing, is gamesmanship until you find out how teams are actually doing it. Like I said, nail Harbough if proof can be found he knew the lengths Scallions was going to get info. Others may disagree, but I've never been a fan of the extreme ownership concept. 

• Like 1

Rookie Big 10 commissioner...UM threatening to fight....could be entertaining today.....

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/38845395/michigan-big-ten-reach-sign-stealing-crossroads

Michigan was expected to send its response to the Big Ten by the end of Wednesday, but any discipline from league commissioner Tony Petitti was not expected until Thursday at the earliest. The likeliest penalties, including a suspension, would focus on Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh rather than the entire team, sources told ESPN. Former Michigan staff member Connor Stalions, at the center of the NCAA's investigation, resigned from his position Friday after initially being suspended with pay.

The biggest question around college football this week is: What will Petitti do?

"This is going to get ugly," a Michigan source told ESPN. "We don't think this is fair that 13 schools gang up on one and the commissioner will just give in. Does [Petitti] have the authority? No question. But we have a lot of levers of power, too."

9 hours ago, Boilernation said:

Just seems like one giant cluster F*** of who has the bigger skeletons in the closet. Sharing info, aka sign stealing, is gamesmanship until you find out how teams are actually doing it. Like I said, nail Harbough if proof can be found he knew the lengths Scallions was going to get info. Others may disagree, but I've never been a fan of the extreme ownership concept. 

NCAA preliminary investigation showed no evidence of Harbaugh being involved…what’s the B10 think they know that the NCAA didn’t?

Can’t level punishment based on emotions and outrage.

UM prepared to air the entire conference’s dirty laundry if Petitti wants to go the suspension route and will file an immediate injunction that they are confident will be granted and allow Harbaugh to continue coaching.

BOTH sides seem very confident as UM has even stated they are still moving forward with extending Jim.

Edited by temptation
  • Like 1

Unbiased opinion:

Disclaimer: I root for all teams from Indiana first, whether it's Notre Dame, Indiana, Purdue, Butler, or Ball State. I then gravitate toward the Big Ten, starting with our neighbors Ohio State and Michigan since I reside close to both boarders. I've recently thrown Ohio State out the window, their fans are just a different breed of arrogant. I'm starting to lose interest in Michigan as well, since my political views aren't in line with theirs. I still like to see Michigan's football team do well since most affiliated with the program couldn't care less about politics. I'm also happy for Harbaugh, who is a 7 on my scale of 1-10 in terms of likability, that he's no longer taking beat downs from the Buckeyes. 

That being said, is it just coincidence that Michigan was less than their standard during Harbaugh's first five seasons? Now all of a sudden they're a top team in the country three years running? Was there some incentive after the first five years to do something "different" to get over the hump? Let's face it, when big egos and million dollar salaries are on the line, 90% of these guys are probably willing to cheat. So by no means is Harbaugh alone. But not only that, Harbaugh rates as a 7 on my likability scale simply because there something about him that just screams "sneaky." I dunno, maybe it's just me. 

Just random thoughts, no dog in the fight.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, temptation said:

NCAA preliminary investigation showed no evidence of Harbaugh being involved…what’s the B10 think they know that the NCAA didn’t?

Can’t level punishment based on emotions and outrage.

UM prepared to air the entire conference’s dirty laundry if Petitti wants to go the suspension route and will file an immediate injunction that they are confident will be granted and allow Harbaugh to continue coaching.

BOTH sides seem very confident as UM has even stated they are still moving forward with extending Jim.

NCAA investigation is anything but concluded.  Every accounting I have read is that they will take months.  So your comment making it sound like the NCAA has drawn conclusions about Harbaugh is really far off.

I will never buy Stalions acted alone.  It may well end up him being 100% the patsy, but if anyone believes that, they should invest in Louisiana swamp land.

UM has hired an attorney because this will end up being about $$.  Only reason why they are threatening to fight back.  They can't be thrilled that this is the 2nd issue with their football team this year alone, with the first one resulting in UM suspending their head coach.

16 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

NCAA investigation is anything but concluded.  Every accounting I have read is that they will take months.  So your comment making it sound like the NCAA has drawn conclusions about Harbaugh is really far off.

I will never buy Stalions acted alone.  It may well end up him being 100% the patsy, but if anyone believes that, they should invest in Louisiana swamp land.

UM has hired an attorney because this will end up being about $$.  Only reason why they are threatening to fight back.  They can't be thrilled that this is the 2nd issue with their football team this year alone, with the first one resulting in UM suspending their head coach.

"PRELIMINARY" investigation...come on Bash.

Every team has a sign guy and Michigan will blow the top off of the whole thing if the B10 commish attempts a double standard of justice.  Its really that simple.  This process has already started with a couple of minor leaks but UM will turn on the whole faucet if need be.

If anything, UM suspending their head coach in the other investigation lets the NCAA know they take things seriously, regardless of what "message board haters" say.

Edited by temptation

2 minutes ago, temptation said:

"PRELIMINARY" investigation...come on Bash.

Every team has a sign guy and Michigan will blow the top off of the whole thing if the B10 commish attempts a double standard of justice.  Its really that simple.  This process has already started with a couple of minor leaks but UM will turn on the whole faucet if need be.

If anything, UM suspending their head coach in the other investigation lets the NCAA know they take things seriously, regardless of what "message board haters" say.

Yes...we agree on the word preliminary....and you made it sound like NCAA has drawn conclusions.  They aren't close.  

You really have no idea if what every Big 10 has or does when it comes to "sign guys".  You make it sound like UM carry's the sledge hammer and will pull it out if needed...give me a break.  They brought in legal counsel because they needed the help internally.  The biggest worry to the Big 10 Commish isn't the threat of Michigan...its about potential loss of revenue to his conference.  I hope Penn State whips Michigan's a$$ this weekend, then some of the impact issue is negated for him.

UM suspended their head coach to ward off an even stiffer penalty...and they can't be happy they are drug into this type of publicity again...twice in one season.

38 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Yes...we agree on the word preliminary....and you made it sound like NCAA has drawn conclusions.  They aren't close.  

You really have no idea if what every Big 10 has or does when it comes to "sign guys".  You make it sound like UM carry's the sledge hammer and will pull it out if needed...give me a break.  They brought in legal counsel because they needed the help internally.  The biggest worry to the Big 10 Commish isn't the threat of Michigan...its about potential loss of revenue to his conference.  I hope Penn State whips Michigan's a$$ this weekend, then some of the impact issue is negated for him.

UM suspended their head coach to ward off an even stiffer penalty...and they can't be happy they are drug into this type of publicity again...twice in one season.

After last week’s conference call it was a unanimous 13 B10 ADs/coaches demanding immediate action against Michigan….

After the Rutgers, Purdue, OSU sign stealing news broke Tuesday, that number is now down to “a majority of B10 ADs/coaches.”

Do with that info what you will buy what that tells me is that every team has skeletons in its closet…

1 hour ago, temptation said:

After last week’s conference call it was a unanimous 13 B10 ADs/coaches demanding immediate action against Michigan….

After the Rutgers, Purdue, OSU sign stealing news broke Tuesday, that number is now down to “a majority of B10 ADs/coaches.”

Do with that info what you will buy what that tells me is that every team has skeletons in its closet…

if true they are all breaking rules, then they all need to reap the consequences......

BTW, the one that is being accused of the cheating is now accusing others....and if Purdue and Rutgers is sign stealing and illegally scouting, then they really have issues......

Edited by Bash Riprock

12 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

if true they are all breaking rules, then they all need to reap the consequences......

BTW, the one that is being accused of the cheating is now accusing others....and if Purdue and Rutgers is sign stealing and illegally scouting, then they really have issues......

The one being accused of cheating is pointing out the hypocrisy of the remaining schools, pretending they are clean and pristine programs.

A spreadsheet of collusion aimed at one program (for now) is much more damning than some iPhone 14 footage from Row F.

It’s a good ole boys network and they came for the team on top.

Harbaugh got the rules changed when it comes to satellite camps, the one time transfer rule, was on the cutting edge of NIL and now helmet communication, lol.

he is a real pain in the NCAA’s ass.

Edited by temptation

8 minutes ago, temptation said:

The one being accused of cheating is pointing out the hypocrisy of the remaining schools, pretending they are clean and pristine programs.

Its the oldest defense game in the book....deflection based on taking the finger pointed at oneself, by pointing it back at others.

I will repeat, if Rutgers and Purdue are cheating in the same fashion as Michigan, they really stink.  Wonder who are their Connor Stalions??  Haven't seen those schools be given accusations with a name or letting any of their staff go like Michigan has done.

Edited by Bash Riprock

6 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Its the oldest defense game in the book....deflection based on taking the finger pointed at oneself, by pointing it back at others.

I will repeat, if Rutgers and Purdue are cheating in the same fashion as Michigan, they really stink.  Wonder who are their Connor Stalions??  Haven't seen those schools be given accusations with a name or letting any of their staff go like Michigan has done.

Give it time.  Stalions’ “vast network” took side gigs.

Edited by temptation

49 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

And I’m betting there’s a gaggle of lawyers camped out on a friendly judge’s doorstep with the injunction papers already drafted. This is going to get really nasty, really quick.

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

And I’m betting there’s a gaggle of lawyers camped out on a friendly judge’s doorstep with the injunction papers already drafted. This is going to get really nasty, really quick.

Yep, prepared for everything.,,

Suspending a coach while the team plane is on the run way sure as hell is an ironic way to prove that a team cheated and had a "competitive advantage."  Student athletes deserve better.

On 11/9/2023 at 3:18 PM, temptation said:

Harbaugh got the rules changed when it comes to satellite camps, the one time transfer rule, was on the cutting edge of NIL and now helmet communication, lol.

he is a real pain in the NCAA’s ass.

Looks like it's more than just the NCAA after Harbaugh. Barred from the sideline for the rest of the regular season. Hopefully Scalions didn't retire the disguise Ray-Ban's.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/38864724/sources-big-ten-ban-michigan-jim-harbaugh-field

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, temptation said:

Yep, prepared for everything.,,

Suspending a coach while the team plane is on the run way sure as hell is an ironic way to prove that a team cheated and had a "competitive advantage."  Student athletes deserve better.

It’s worse than that. Veteran’s Day. Courts are closed. If you think that was a coincidence …. As I said, this is going to get nasty very quickly … like immediately.

1 hour ago, Footballking16 said:

Looks like it's more than just the NCAA after Harbaugh. Barred from the sideline for the rest of the regular season. Hopefully Scalions didn't retire the disguise Ray-Ban's.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/38864724/sources-big-ten-ban-michigan-jim-harbaugh-field

image.thumb.png.5c3a7fcb66bc6794276e66228e0151e5.png

If Harbaugh didn't know what his "assistant" was up to, then he has just lost control of his team.  If Harbaugh did know what his "assistant" was up to then he's a cheater.   I don't honestly know how he couldn't know about the situation.  I don't believe things like that happen without the head coach giving his approval.

• Haha 1

this much I think should be all agreed upon

1.  EVERYONE attempts to pick up on sideline signs, I mean EVERYONE ( this includes HIGH SCHOOL TOO) 

2.  The issue here is the CIA esque way this Michigan Staffer went about it, THAT is the issue at hand. 

3.  Jim Harbaugh clearly knew it was happening, to what extent is he culpable, that is what SUITS will figure out

4.  Harbaugh being barred on Game Day does nothing but galvanize his team and 100% gives them the ole classic US AGAINST THE WORLD.  For a team that really didn't need any "extra" motivation, GOOD LUCK OHIO STATE, it's going to get real ugly now.